Are walkers really bad for babies?

diymummy

Thank you all mummies :) I feel very relieved after reading all your posts. I won't use the walker excessively and my baby prefers to jump in it than walk. zzz... Yesterday he could stand a little unaided while holding onto the sides of his play yard. And according to the infant care, he has learnt how to sit up on his own but only on his bed. I think he feels more secure in an enclosed area to try sitting up on his own. You all are right to say that babies develop at their own pace. I guess I'm just an overly anxious mummy! :p

Frenchkitty, your baby look so cute in the walker! Haha! And he looks so fasinated by the toys. LOL!

No problem. I am sure all parents worry.
From age 0 to 12 months it's always the physical growth,sleep and eating which top our list of worries.

Then at toddler age it's the speech,eating and potty issues.
After that it's a lot about discipline(no spanking) and many other issues all the way till they are 18.To think of it, once you are preggy, you have signed yourself a long term contract that cannot be broken!

Just enjoy your baby as he/she is at each stage, they grow so quickly, by the time you know it, they have all left the nest!

apollo

No problem. I am sure all parents worry.
From age 0 to 12 months it's always the physical growth,sleep and eating which top our list of worries.

Then at toddler age it's the speech,eating and potty issues.
After that it's a lot about discipline(no spanking) and many other issues all the way till they are 18.To think of it, once you are preggy, you have signed yourself a long term contract that cannot be broken!

Just enjoy your baby as he/she is at each stage, they grow so quickly, by the time you know it, they have all left the nest!
tt's y last time my gynae keep telling me to slp and rest more during preg cos once baby is born, we, the parents will not have a good night slp for at least 20yrs, cos everything also nd to wry mahh... haha... but i think even my son is 30 or 40 yrs old, i'll still wry... haha

Both my #1 and #2 DD started using walkers since 5 months old till about 10 months. Before their 1 year old birthday, they could walk without support already!

I suppose its individual kid. I dun understand why ppl say its no good or what. Now my #1 DD is 9 yrs old, my #2 DD is 3 yrs old, I dun see any problem at all...

raeka

My boy sit in walker when he is 5 month plus, at first i only give him to sit for 5 minutes per day then now he is already 10 month plus can sit for half an hour lor..
my boy can sit, stand with holding on the rail , crawl on the floor...
to me i think is ok lah.. sure they will tip top so we need to correct him.

Ting

tipping toes when they just learn to walk is normal, regardless whether they sat in the walker or not.
as told by my doc n reading up on the internet. :)
it will wear off after some time..

Gelyn

I have no problem with putting my son in the walker. Just make sure you get those height adjustable one, then they won't be tip toe around. :)

It always good to put them in the walker where they can follow you when you need to do some stuffs. My maximum is put him in the walker for half an hour and I will carry him out. Anyway, he don't like to struck in there for too long too.

Last edited:

roosepuss

ooo... i let my son sit only once when he was 6 months... now he's 9 and is it more... i think i'll stop letting him sit in it too much... :X
Hey there,

I got 3 girls. Age range 14, 10 and 2. The eldest and middle both use walkers. That is what we do in the 90's I guess. My third no walker at all. All 3 girls were walking by themselves before reaching 1. My eldest and middle girl have no walking disability from using the walker. My parent in law bought it for them when they were 6 months. I guess it's my luck that my older girls are ok and don;t have any problems although we didn't push them to walk early, we jsut let them walk naturally when they are ready. I don't let them use it all the time. Good Luck.