Are you a seafood, meat or vegetable person?

cendrine

dearie, no mess at all.. if u have time, pls freeze them for at least 3 hours.. If no time, then poke at the eyes or leg part with those disposable chopstick withour untying the strings etc.. After poking pls leave them in the sink for 1 hours to die.. Then procceed to scrub with brush.. Then place all top shell down with nothing else and cover the wok and on fire.. Leave it, pls do not open the cover at all and wait till some burning smell then off fire.. Leave for 5 mins then can open the cover and serve.. Wow now i drool for crab le.. Heehee maybe cook the 3 I have in freezer for supper.. heehee.. Yummy!!!

I kang hor once.. Thought the 20 over of them die le.. Haiz one of them tough arh.. It clammed my left middle finger.. I went dizzy and in pain (labour kind of pain all on that poor finger) and bled so much!!!! Took pain killer and a hot milo and sat at the sofa and stared into the air blankly.. sob sob.. the finger numb for days ah.. Tkank GOD, it's ok now..
yea..kena pierced by the crabs must be very painful.
but hor why dun eat outside to save the hassle gg thru just to make them die....

bluechin

BMSG Moderator
I'm a foodie... so all 3 fits!

Seafood: crabs, prawn, shellfish
Meat: any meat :)
Vegetable: broccoli, xiao bai cai, kailan, carrots, pumpkin etc etc... does chocolate count???? hahhaa

`julee

SEAFOOODDD!!
crabs, sotong, squid, fish (only some fish), any kind of shelly things.. YUMMY!!!
for meat i onli like chicken.

aby

yea..kena pierced by the crabs must be very painful.
but hor why dun eat outside to save the hassle gg thru just to make them die....
Outside very ex ah!!! My mom stays Joo Chiat near the famous pepper crab but we nv try.. We love original flavour ma.. N got to queue n sit there, quite uncomfortable with the hands all dirty plus kids making noises.. Aiyo difficult to enjoy ma.. So buy home and enjoy lor.. :tlaugh:

aby

so many crab lovers.. we shd have a crab feast out someday!
O YES!!!! Me willing to open house and buy and cook k? But must A-A (go on dutch).. Heehee.. Crabs rather ex mah.. I just bought some big Indonesian one.. Serdup ah.. $15/kg.. One per pax is enought le..

My hb nv like crab as he feels lei chey to peel etc ma.. Then when his brother requested, I encourage him to try n eat.. Wow he feel in love with crabs man.. He feel in love with Jap food, sashimi, MJ etc cos of me too! :Dancing_wub:

tommyBoi

Alpha Male
never tried turtle meat before...but dun think I will want and dare to...
me oso dun wish to try frog meat too..though I know some pple love frog leg porridge..but i just find it gross...esp the way they are skinned n cooked.
It will be worst if u eating the frog sitting beside the frog's tank.
while u eating, u can see those live ones jumping around.:tlaugh:

tommyBoi

Alpha Male
dearie, no mess at all.. if u have time, pls freeze them for at least 3 hours.. If no time, then poke at the eyes or leg part with those disposable chopstick withour untying the strings etc.. After poking pls leave them in the sink for 1 hours to die.. Then procceed to scrub with brush.. Then place all top shell down with nothing else and cover the wok and on fire.. Leave it, pls do not open the cover at all and wait till some burning smell then off fire.. Leave for 5 mins then can open the cover and serve.. Wow now i drool for crab le.. Heehee maybe cook the 3 I have in freezer for supper.. heehee.. Yummy!!!

Wah!!!! the way u kill the crabs like so difficult..:tlaugh:
Its very simple de..
1) Turn the crab over, used chopper to chop onto the center part.
2) break into 2 and then wash the crabs
3) chop into pieces and break the pincer

For steaming..
1) Put the crab meat in alumimium foil. Add Sesame Oil, Pepper, Liqour, and Ginger.
2) Wrap it and put onto a metal container and steam it inside the wok for 20min.

Simple??
:tlaugh:

aby

Wah!!!! the way u kill the crabs like so difficult..:tlaugh:
Its very simple de..
1) Turn the crab over, used chopper to chop onto the center part.
2) break into 2 and then wash the crabs
3) chop into pieces and break the pincer

For steaming..
1) Put the crab meat in alumimium foil. Add Sesame Oil, Pepper, Liqour, and Ginger.
2) Wrap it and put onto a metal container and steam it inside the wok for 20min.

Simple??
:tlaugh:
But the original flavour needs the crab in one piece ma..

No mess ma.. No pain, no gain ma.. :tlaugh:

tommyBoi

Alpha Male
But the original flavour needs the crab in one piece ma..

No mess ma.. No pain, no gain ma.. :tlaugh:
In one piece how to eat?? :tlaugh:
Chopping very simple de... next time i demo to u if there is a chance, I am the Crab expert. :001_302:

aby

In one piece how to eat?? :tlaugh:

Chopping very simple de... next time i demo to u if there is a chance, I am the Crab expert. :001_302:
tB, I meant got to cook as one piece, everything intact, NO water, no seasonings etc.. Like BBQing the crab n prawns etc..

Cooked le, then open the shells then eat lor.. ENJOY!!! :red: