Are you an Accountant Superstar? If yes, I want you!

isaacchung

Hi my name is Isaac Chung, and I own an Accounting Firm in Singapore. I help small businesses in their Accounting, Taxation and Company Secretarial matters especially for year-end compliance requirements. Things are going well, so I’m looking for someone to help me.

Currently I only have two part-time freelancers helping me and a full time assistant. I'm looking to have full-time staff or full-time contractors.

I am looking to expand in a slow-but-steady kind of way. This job averages about 20 to 40 hours per week to begin with. Some weeks might be more, some less, but average is 20 to 40 hours per week. If things go well between us, and you're interested, the opportunity may exist to increase to more hours per week/month. Obviously I'd like to grow alongside the winning applicant (you?) to offer as much employment as you'd like, although we need to walk before we can run.

The winning applicant (possibly you?) must absolutely have the following equipment:

· Reliable high-speed Internet access

· Computer with Microsoft Office installed, Dropbox Account and Web Browser

· Local telephone capable of making local calls within Singapore

The winning applicant (possibly you?) must absolutely have the following characteristics:

· Strong fundamental of Bookkeeping (Debit & Credit entries)

· Very detail-oriented

· Deadline-obsessed

· Singapore based

· Tech-comfortable

· Enjoy flexibility to work from home

· Independent with minimum supervision

· Average to above-average English, both written and spoken

Bonus (although not required) skills include:

· Basic knowledge of Xero Accounting Software: accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash book, journal, fixed asset, etc

For our company to grow, everything must run on checklists / working procedures. You will be expected to:

· Follow step-by-step procedures that already exist (follow them *exactly*)

· Make suggestions to me on how to improve checklists (when you see legitimate improvement opportunities - I may say yes or no)

· Possibly create step-by-step checklists for other staff to follow

Projects you'll be involved in include:

· Preparing full set of accounts for SME

· Income tax calculation and submission

· GST reporting and filing

· Payroll matters

· Compilation of Unaudited financial statements.

At this time, other possible tasks I foresee could include:

· Remind clients of their deadline

· Obtain information and documents from clients if missing

· Following up with clients for signatures

Timeline:

· Starting as soon as I find a qualified applicant; next few weeks would be nice, although I'm not going to rush the process. I need the right person in this position

· 30-day trial to begin; if we like each other we'll continue

Pay:

· First month (paid) at $10/hr

· After Trial, we will negotiate again

Hours:

· Each week may fluctuate somewhat, but average of 20 to 40 hours per week

NOTE: I know I'm going to sound like a jerk for saying this, but I really respect both you and I's time, so I'll say this bluntly: if you dislike rules, checklists, guidelines, and/or pride yourself in being a "free spirit", antiauthority, counterculture, wildly creative, or super-alternative, this job is not for you. I'm looking for someone who will work within the current business "machine" I've built, and is eager to help me make it bigger, stronger and faster by embracing the checklist mind-set. Following checklists is imperative. For the sake of your time and mine, do not apply if you feel bogged down by checklists. Thank you.

If you're interested… Email Support@J-AccountingServices.com

In the subject line please write "Slightly OCD Accountant from (insert your town) interested in Accounting Job"

In the body, please write me a 14-sentence email including:

Three sentence opening salutation that says: "Hey there IC, what's happening up in Singapore? My name is _____, I'm slightly OCD, am comfortable with technology, and love checklists. I'd like to apply for the job you posted"

Reason #1 why you think this job is a fit for you. (Black font, Sans Serif, 3 sentences)

Reason #2 why you think this job is a fit for you (Blue font, Serif, 3 sentences)

Reason #3 why you think this job is a fit for you (Red font, Sans Serif, 3 sentences)

Two sentence closing including: Two principles in Bold with elaboration out of the 37 you saw on the website (http://www.j-accountingservices.com/operating-principles/) that you feel connected with your own beliefs, and a closing salutation including your name, email address, and phone number.

Note: Please do NOT attach a resume; if you are shortlisted I may ask for one later.

Thanks! I know the *right* applicant will really like this job. Maybe it's you!

Isaac :)