Are you cloth diapering your baby?

winniethepooh

Thanks for the advise WinterSun!!

Any advise on where I could get my hands on the traditional white cloth diapers? Went shopping over the weekend and was shocked at the pricing of the more modern cloth diapers. Was thinking of heading to Chinatown but worried about the quality.

Did you do any preparation on the white cloth diapers (e.g. soak in Dettol??)

lemonbaby

Hi, I am 12weeks preggy. When should I start to buy these cloth diapers? How many should I purchase? Any recommendations on the usage used per day? Please advise. Thank you.

Hi, I am 12weeks preggy. When should I start to buy these cloth diapers? How many should I purchase? Any recommendations on the usage used per day? Please advise. Thank you.
Hi Lemonbaby, you can start buying cloth diapers once you've decided to cloth diaper your baby. If you are going to cloth diaper her in the day and use disposable at night, i believe 10 sets will be more than enough (i'm refering to the new kind of cloth diapers, not the traditional white ones). If you are fully cloth diapering her, maybe 15 sets? of cuz, the amt depends on how often you do your washing.

I am cloth diapering my boy (he's 1 mth old) in the day and let him wear disposable at night, usage is around 4 - 5 per day. I'll change him after every 3 hrs or when he poo.

lemonbaby

Hi, what is the brand you are using for your boy and the amount for each cloth diaper? I am still comparing the prices and the washable inserts also. Thank you for sharing the usage number. I am thinking of buying 15sets as washing everyday will be preferred unless there is no sun to dry it to be used in time.

Hi, what is the brand you are using for your boy and the amount for each cloth diaper? I am still comparing the prices and the washable inserts also. Thank you for sharing the usage number. I am thinking of buying 15sets as washing everyday will be preferred unless there is no sun to dry it to be used in time.
I'm using Alvababy's cloth diaper. Cheap and good in my opinion, quality is comparable to those branded ones.. Because of this I decide to bring in some and sell it too. You can visit Cloth Diapering My Baby for the price and design. There's discount for bulk purchase. :)

cocotan

my sister always buy cloth dispering for her baby from taobao. do you know taobao? the largest online shop in china,it is very very cheap and good quality. she always saide: why i find taobao this day.if i find it a long time ago,i think i will save more money . :001_302:

she always cooperation with a taobao agent help her to buy from taobao,because she don't understand chinese,it's called: taobaobuying

she said : Taobaobuying is a experienced, professional and efficient group.they help people in overseas to buy goods from China shopping website.Low service fee,cheap international shipping cost with high quality service.Don't hesitate any more!To be your taobao agent,enjoy your taobao shopping!

Hi coco, while taobao is definitely cheaper than most online stores in sg, the waiting time is so much longer. Local online stores with instock are able to send the purchases out on the next working day and the buyers can have their purchases in their hands in 2 - 3 days time. Both have their pros and cons and it depends on which you are looking at. :)

shinl

Hey mummies,

I am cloth diapering and currently using Charlie Banana brand. Bought 2 pax of it which means 12 diapers and 24 liners. So far, I have to wash daily. My girl uses 8 - 10 pairs each day and the diaper itself didn't dry as fast as I wanted it to be so I change her every 2 hours. Also, it isn't absorbent enough for the night so we uses disposable to minimise the changing frequency.

The only problem I have with these cloth diapers is the way it is washed. It requires non chemical.. non softener etc etc type of detergent and also advised against using any cream on the bum as these would affect its absorbency. So, I have to rely on liners and special detergent just for the diapers.

mrsgg

I'm ordering Sunbaby cloth diapers cos I read so many good reviews about them. But supposedly their liners are not very absorbent, so I'm looking for other brands of liners which would work better. Does anyone have recommendations for liners for cloth diapers?

Eyogurt

Hi mummies,

i have been cloth diapering for 5 months and new to this forum.
i use cloth diapers at home day and night, and out for shopping etc, except infant care.

mrsgg,

you can consider getting bamboo inserts or thicker microfiber inserts to improve the absorbency. You can add hemp insert as a booster. I use hemp insert with bamboo insert as my night time solution. So far no leak.