Are your PIL notorious?

jal

Mine definitely are!!! They live in Jurong East & I am very sure they are well-known throughout the whole block (dare not type the block number here. Hah!). In fact, I think the block opposite too! Why? Because they quarrel almost everyday, any time of the day. And I really mean anytime. Eg: They wake up eerily early in the morning like 3am & they start to quarrel!!! I heard it is my mother in law who usually starts the nonsense. When they quarrel at such an unearthly hour, the noise reverberates throughout the whole block, & the block opposite! And the quarrels can get physical too! There were a few times my hubby had to pay for my parent in law's injury fees. Can you imagine that?! *pengz* And that's not all. No special occasion is spared from their nonsense. Even Chinese New Year is not spared. They can quarrel over who has more ang pao & spoil the whole festive mood! Police has been called in a few times to stop them from disturbing their neighbours! Sometimes, I really feel like telling them off. You have each other for accompaniment, you should take that as good fortune. Do you know how many lonely old folks there are out there who are abandoned by their kids & their spouse has passed away, they have no no one to talk too, & in the end they die a lonely death??? Count your blessings instead of looking for things to quarrel about!!! I am just so pissed off!

I think I may claim the 'honour' of having the most troublesome PIL...

Last edited:

uddermummy

what do they quarrel about???

are you living with them? If not, then thank goodness!

possible to get them to go for counselling?

jal

what do they quarrel about???

are you living with them? If not, then thank goodness!

possible to get them to go for counselling?
No, I am not living with them. They quarrel about the usual issues - money & women... But money wise, it is not because they have no money but because they have too much money!!! *Faintz*
They quarrel because they have nothing to do since they stay at home the whole day & do not work. They also do not want to work as they have money coming in from their children all the time. And occasionally, they also strike 4D/Toto, winning a few hundred dollard each time.

jal

I am sorry to bring this up but I really need to vent!

My MIL recently quarrelled with her daughter & during the quarrel, she scolded her daughter for not returning her 50 cents when the daughter asked her mother to buy a piece of fruit for her 1 year old son. What?! Gek gao over 50 cents??? What's worse, you are gek gao-ing with your precious grandson!!! (He is so cute, I am hard-pressed to find a baby who can match his cuteness) And the worse part is, it is not as if my MIL has no money. She has plenty of money, I can tell u! How much? Well, she has a THICK stack of old $20, $10 currency notes stashed away in her cupboard, which means they are actually worth more than their face value!!! Each stack of money is about as thick as a BIG MAC. I believe she has other stacks of cash in her cupboard too. And she wants her daughter to return her that 50 cents??? Oh my gosh! This is totally unbelievable!!!

apollo

OMG!!! so unbelievable!! jal,you know what? I really LOL when i read your latest post regarding the 50cents! I really thank God that my PIL is not like that...

I never seen my PIL quarrel b4... Even my hubby also seldom seen them quarrel.. in his memory, he only rmb only once or twice..

jal

OMG!!! so unbelievable!! jal,you know what? I really LOL when i read your latest post regarding the 50cents! I really thank God that my parent in law is not like that...

I never seen my parent in law quarrel before... Even my hubby also seldom seen them quarrel.. in his memory, he only rmb only once or twice..
Ya!!! I feel like slapping her face! Even her daughter was left speechless!!!
Even though I am currently not working, I will not gek gao with my sister In law over a 50 cents piece of fruit! Please loh!!!
If you or anyone happen to have any magic formula to make my mother in law less calculating, please let me know. It is damn urgent!!!

Last edited:

tika

Do they still have sex? Maybe all their pent up frustrations is due to the lack of sex.

:)

Stan

Ya!!! I feel like slapping her face! Even her daughter was left speechless!!!
Even though I am currently out of work, I will not gek gao with my sister In law over a 50 cents piece of fruit! Please loh!!!
If you or anyone happen to have any magic formula to make my mother in law less calculating, please let me know. It is damn urgent!!!
50 cents?? for buying fruit for grandson?? your parent in law sure very rich one!! stingy pple always have lotsa $$ stashed away.. prob not just in the cupboards!!!

jal

Do they still have sex? Maybe all their pent up frustrations is due to the lack of sex.

:)
I doubt they have any intimate relations because they quarrel almost every alternate day, due to boredom!!! Both dun work & also dun want to work coz they have money coming in every month from at least 2 of their sons. If we tell them to go & work (so as to lessen the amount of time they spent with each other & hence the quarrel), the mother will go "I dun want to work! You are so unfillial! I am so old already & u still want me to go outside & work!!!"
There are also people her age who are working, so what nonsense is she blabbering?!

jal

Oh & I forgot to add. Everytime the mother quarrels with her husband, she will call her children one by one to complain even though she knows they are busy or just got out of bed! Even at 5am!!! Wah lao eh!

apollo

Oh & I forgot to add. Everytime the mother quarrels with her husband, she will call her children one by one to complain even though she knows they are busy or just got out of bed! Even at 5am!!! Wah lao eh!
OMG!!! ur hubby so poor thing!!! i doubt u can slp well too!!!

Phoebii Cheng

I used to stay at JE, and sometimes in the middle of the night or early morning, I will hear loud noises such as quarelling, screaming etc....hmmm wonder is it ur PIL? :tlaugh:

jal

yalo jal, ask your hubby switch his hp to silent mode since it's 'jia chang bian fan' alrdy... :001_302:
Yeah, I always say that but he always retaliate by saying "what if it is something urgent???" Yayaya, how urgent can it get right?

apollo

Yeah, I always say that but he always retaliate by saying "what if it is something urgent???" Yayaya, how urgent can it get right?
dont mind me saying this, i think ur pil are just feeling too bored and by doing these (quarreling and fighting) can gian lotsa attention and that's what they want..

jal

dont mind me saying this, i think your parent in law are just feeling too bored and by doing these (quarreling and fighting) can gian lotsa attention and that's what they want..
Ya lor, this is what I think sometimes too. They are free 'eng eng cheng cheng' but we are NOT!!! Grr!

jal

I gotta post this. Need to vent!

Recently my father in law was admitted to NUH for an operation. It cost about $4,000 plus. And this does NOT include consultation charge, multitude of tests charge, arsenal of medicine charge, etc, etc, etc. (Several tests had to be done to determine if my father in law was fit to undergo an op at his age). So my hubby & 2 of his siblings opted to pay the cost of the op by Medisave. And the rest of the charges had to be paid in CASH. 2 of his siblings paid nothing as one was a housewife & she claims she is poor, & the other is simply boh chup. My mother in law knows about all these charges but not once did she offer to help to pay a little!!! Hello! The person lying there is your hubby yet you can't be bothered to lift a finger!!! Are you his wife?! Your children are paying through their nose; they are not earning big bucks you know! Yet you can just fold your arms & sit back & watch! You have SO MUCH money yet you do not want to help!!! What kind of a wife & mother are you???

Grrr! Ok, vent over.