Argument btw me and my husband family

Does reali cutting bald for my girl matter so much?they keep wanting to cut bald for my girl,when my girl hair is so thick n nice..seriously I jux tel them cut short short wil do..but my husband insist cos those hair is dirty..pls advice.

tcmy

Christina, cheer up.. actually cutting bald for bb will let their hair grow faster n nicer when they grow up. My girl is botak when she reaches one month too. Now her hair is growing back n much blacker compared to previous looks. It kind of traditional way that chinese do.

Ya, everyday after bathing her, u can apply some olive oil on to her head. It also helps hair to grow faster :)

P.s. tell ur hubby.. is not that the hair is dirty.. newborn's hair shld be kept with the stomach thing in a ang pao - belongs to ur girl.

Last edited:
Christina, cheer up.. actually cutting bald for bb will let their hair grow faster n nicer when they grow up. My girl is botak when she reaches one month too. Now her hair is growing back n much blacker compared to previous looks. It kind of traditional way that chinese do.

Ya, everyday after bathing her, u can apply some olive oil on to her head. It also helps hair to grow faster :)

P.s. tell ur hubby.. is not that the hair is dirty.. newborn's hair shld be kept with the stomach thing in a ang pao - belongs to ur girl.
Oh..ok so u tink i shld cut too..thx q for the advice ..

Ting

my girl's hair was very thick n nice too, so i didnt cut, i only trimmed. if my husband comes to tell me that it is dirty, then i will tell him: isnt tt where ur penis goes into? shld u cut it off each time we have sexual intercourse? since its DIRTY?!

my girl's hair was very thick n nice too, so i didnt cut, i only trimmed. if my husband comes to tell me that it is dirty, then i will tell him: isnt tt where ur penis goes into? shld u cut it off each time we have sexual intercourse? since its DIRTY?!
Haha .. Just trimmed short? But her hair droppin..dn his mum like hinting me go cut oso if nt nv grow or cnt grow properly

Alisa

Ya but nw I dunno hw..
hmm... need to come with a agreement lor. both husband and me wan to shave my son when he is full mth cuz to us, even if we don shave, the hair will still drop. end up become patchy, more ugly lor. my SIL never shave so her son's hair become patchy...

ayieastati

Hmmm..my girl born with thick and black hair. After botak ,( which in Muslim is a must !) her hair grow slightly brown and very soft .
I think is pretty and somehow whatever our old folks tell us to do there is a good reason since its practice thousand years ago :)

Ease the argument, go ahead and shave? can shave during 4th month or so. i find my son head so fragile so i don dare bring him for a haircut but coming 4th month i will bring him for shave. Since more mummies advise that shave will prevent or lessen hairdrop. dont worry, not that the hair wont grow back. (;

Ease the argument, go ahead and shave? can shave during 4th month or so. i find my son head so fragile so i don dare bring him for a haircut but coming 4th month i will bring him for shave. Since more mummies advise that shave will prevent or lessen hairdrop. dont worry, not that the hair wont grow back. (;
Tat wad I scared..wen she goin 3 mnth during cny,ic if her head is stable if nt I wait til stable dn brin her go n shave..

quincy1986

i think maybe shaving will get the baby used to cutting hair subconsciously.
my friend's boy for some reason cries everytime he goes to cut his hair and he cries all the way until primary one.

next time if you have second thoughts about what your in laws tell you, go to your own parents if they are still around :)
go to a source that you are more comfortable with for 2nd opinion :)

cn naz

I didn't shave my daughter's hair. She was born with full of hair and i intend to keep it that way. Just trimmed a bit during the first month. After that trimmed when her hair is long. My mom never shaved my and my sisters' hair and our hair is still thick and strong.

Just do whatever you are comfortable with. After all it is your baby.

Hi,

In my opinion, it's just another of those old wives tale.

My friend's daughter head was shaved nd the hair never really did grow back. Before shaving , she had a full head of hair but even 3 years after shaving, she only had a thin head of hair and the hair grew out very fine and thin.

I didn't shave my for gal, the dropping hair is just a phase, it doesn't exactly drop till she becomes bald or what.

For me, her newborn hair may be thin but i love the fact that she has curls at the bottom and has inherited my naturally brown hair. I just didn't need to risk it. It is not a confirmed thing that the hair will grow back even better lo, if not God would have let newborn's come out bald right?

Haha!

You don't need to worry about it at all. If you cut the hairs not they will come back and will be much better and thicker that the previous ones. And they will be in better color than now also.

Hi,

In my opinion, it's just another of those old wives tale.

My friend's daughter head was shaved need the hair never really did grow back. Before shaving , she had a full head of hair but even 3 years after shaving, she only had a thin head of hair and the hair grew out very fine and thin.

I didn't shave my for gal, the dropping hair is just a phase, it doesn't exactly drop till she becomes bald or what.

For me, her newborn hair may be thin but i love the fact that she has curls at the bottom and has inherited my naturally brown hair. I just didn't need to risk it. It is not a confirmed thing that the hair will grow back even better , if not God would have let newborn's come out bald right?

Haha!

Ya my girl have the curl n thick nice hair..bt stil dropping hair..if u say tis way,maybe I nid to think over hahahha..bt I stil hav until 1 mre mnth to tink..

Hahaha :) thx by the way :)

cn naz

Yes the hair drop but bit by bit. It is not like suddenly no more hair.

My friend also shaved baby's hair and it grows thin and takes a long time.

Ting

uh, actually if u do some internet research, shaving ur hair WONT make it grow thicker.. be it ur head or ur armpit or leg hair.

Christina, yes, i just trim the ends abit to cut as yisi yisi. shaving head n stuff, its just a tradition n olden days belief. u can go ahead to do it or u can just do what u feel comfortable with. to be honest, i hv seen babies tt had their head shaved when they were 1mth old n til 1-2 yo their hair still dont grow back n very little.. im sure u all hv seen it too. our hair will thicken as we grow older, my daughter's hair was super fine n soft when she was a baby but now tt she is 6yo, it has definitely become thicker (as in each strand) and also not as smooth n soft as b4. that's why we call it baby hair, right? i hv a few friends who regretted shaving their bb head too, cos the hair didnt grow back nicely, instead was v patchy n stubby, but lucky they were boys...

ultimately, IMO, just do what u r happy with, its your baby, your decision.