Article: Can Singaporeans Live wiithout their maids?

sigourney

One 1 kid don't need maid sure can handle. If you have more young kids how u handle without maid while u r FTWM?

PinkDiamonds

One 1 kid don't need maid sure can handle. If you have more young kids how u handle without maid while u r FTWM?
For me I have 3 kids in the child care. After they finish school and during weekends, most of the time I handle them on my own as hubby is usually out in the evenings and weekends. I think it is manageable as long as there's a routine and system in place. This is also the reason why I choose to have a career working from home as my time is more flexible and I don't get so tired travelling to and from work everyday.

I have always been the one in our family who is strongly against the idea of getting a maid. Reason being I can't live with a stranger n I believe I can cope with everything at home since I became a Sahm. However, I changed my thinking after I gave birth to my second baby. They are only 13 months apart n now I'm dealing with a monstrous 21 mths toddler and a curious 8 mths old baby, cruising n falling all over the place. Without any help from parents or in laws, I am unable to cook, eat, or do anything else at all. I've lost so much weight that my husband immediately hired a maid! We are still waiting for her to arrive next week. It's nearly impossible to make the two nap at the same time n its really stressful to try to make my #2 sleep first without my #1 screaming his head off when I try my make his Didi sleep :nah:

I do agree SOME Singaporeans are quite dependent on maids. Few of my fruends hire a maid though their only child is in childcare which i feel is unnecessary. Another alternative is to send your child to child care/ infantcare n I don't think a maid is needed in this case.