At what point in your relationship did your then hubby propose & how did he propose?

jal

For me, my hubby started to talk about our future together on the second date, like how big I want my flat to be, how many kids I want to have, by what age I want to give birth, etc... I was quite surprised he made up his mind so quickly! So then I know he was serious about me.
And no, there was no standard "Will you please marry me" on bended knees kind of proposal. He just bought me an engagement ring from Citigems & then we went to buy a flat from HDB & planned our ROM & Chinese wedding. Nothing romantic I would say. But practical like most Singaporean I suppose???

Anybody here had a dramatic or romantic proposal to share? :)

apollo

Re: At what point in your relationship did your then hubby propose & how did he propo

For me, my hubby started to talk about our future together on the second date, like how big I want my flat to be, how many kids I want to have, by what age I want to give birth, etc... I was quite surprised he made up his mind so quickly! So then I know he was serious about me.
And no, there was no standard "Will you please marry me" on bended knees kind of proposal. He just bought me an engagement ring from Citigems & then we went to buy a flat from HDB & planned our ROM & Chinese wedding. Nothing romantic I would say. But practical like most Singaporean I suppose???

SAME LEH!! My hubby didn't ask "will u marry me" this kinda of thing...

we just say about hw old we want to be parents, our future home then he go back tell his parents we wanna get ROM 1st... his dad say okay but his mum thought abit early cos we only partor less den a yr.. haha...

anw, it's not the "will u marry me" tt matters, it's how the marriage life matters...

jal

Re: At what point in your relationship did your then hubby propose & how did he propo

SAME LEH!! My hubby didn't ask "will u marry me" this kinda of thing...

we just say about hw old we want to be parents, our future home then he go back tell his parents we wanna get ROM 1st... his dad say okay but his mum thought abit early cos we only partor less den a yr.. haha...

anw, it's not the "will u marry me" tt matters, it's how the marriage life matters...
Wah.. Less than 1 year... That's fast. Mine is about 1 1/2 year before we got ROM. My hubby's parents did not say anything, it is my mother who said that I should not get married so fast.

apollo

Wah.. Less than 1 year... That's fast. Mine is about 1 1/2 year before we got ROM. My hubby's parents did not say anything, it is my mother who said that I should not get married so fast.
ya by the time we ROM, we only partor lik 11mths... my parents at 1st v disagree leh esp my father! cos he feel tt i was only 19 and wanna ROM when i'm not preg or wat... He felt that once i sign the ROM cert, no turning bk alrdy... he didnt tok to me for quite long tt time (but nw ok liao la)... my bro tok to my parents, told them tt it's my choice, if in future i regret or wat, it's me to bear the responsiblity and asked them to treat me as an adult dun be so protective over me... heng my dad can slowly accept lo and now awaiting for his grandson arrival.. haha!

For my hubby, he did not really propose but it was kinda special I felt...

As this is my 2nd marriage, so my 1st DD is from my ex... But my hubby is really lovely n understanding. Loves my DD like his own, even more den my EX does.

There was this day when my hubby ( den BF, not married yet) help me go pick my DD from her childcare, he suddenly message me say, "jus now Celest fren ask me who am i, i LL gotta say uncle lor... So when u wanna be Mrs Soo huh so she can call me Daddy?"

I jus replied dunno, den not long later he ask me go with him meet his buddy to view flat together. Den u noe lah typical, say he wanna buy the location der too same as his buddy... Den i blur blur say ok lor, n he was damn happy, den he reminded me bout the SMS again, he said, so its yes to be Mrs Soo right?

Though nothing extravagant, but I felt the SMS was really unique n special to me, too bad I lost the SMS, but i'll always remember it...

jal

As this is my 2nd marriage, so my 1st DD is from my ex... But my hubby is really lovely n understanding. Loves my DD like his own, even more den my EX does.

There was this day when my hubby ( den BF, not married yet) help me go pick my DD from her childcare, he suddenly message me say, "jus now Celest fren ask me who am i, i LL gotta say uncle lor... So when u wanna be Mrs Soo huh so she can call me Daddy?"

I jus replied dunno, den not long later he ask me go with him meet his buddy to view flat together. Den u noe lah typical, say he wanna buy the location der too same as his buddy... Den i blur blur say ok lor, n he was damn happy, den he reminded me bout the SMS again, he said, so its yes to be Mrs Soo right?

Though nothing extravagant, but I felt the SMS was really unique n special to me, too bad I lost the SMS, but i'll always remember it...
Wah!!! Kind of memorable isn't it? And it is really rare to find a man who can love his step-child. Congrats to you Mich! :0

Wah!!! Kind of memorable isn't it? And it is really rare to find a man who can love his step-child. Congrats to you Mich! :0
Yes, it is indeed memorable! It is rare to find such a man out der but a few mummies here have such a gd man too! Thank you!

apollo

so envy lo................. u still say not really propose... this one v good liao... haha...

pkshl

my hb was intro to me by my frends. it was after 2nd date he was talking to me abt OUR FUTURE. i was only 17 at that time lor, imagine my shock when i heard that, so i told my frends abt it & they told him dun tink so far la, we all still so young. it was only through some of his buddies den i realised im his 1st gf :err: .

when i was 21yrs old, he came to my house & ask my dad for my hand :err:.
i was in total shocked! my parents didnt reali like my hubby tat time(i duno y, they juz dun like him, weird) so my dad told him both of us r still too young(my hb older den me 3yrs) & we both dun earn much. so he worked hard to earn more $ to impress my dad, let him c he got $ :tlaugh:. 3yrs later he told my dad we intend to apply for a house, want to get my dad permission. my dad said ok go ahead. 6mths later we got a house & ROM lor. 1yr later we had our customary wedding.

my hubby didnt actually proposed lor, but to me is alrite as long as hes a doting hubby to me can liao & somehow my parents grew to like him so much sometimes even side him! :tlaugh:

apollo

my hb was intro to me by my frends. it was after 2nd date he was talking to me abt OUR FUTURE. i was only 17 at that time lor, imagine my shock when i heard that, so i told my frends abt it & they told him dun tink so far la, we all still so young. it was only through some of his buddies den i realised im his 1st gf :err: .

when i was 21yrs old, he came to my house & ask my dad for my hand :err:.
i was in total shocked! my parents didnt reali like my hubby tat time(i duno y, they juz dun like him, weird) so my dad told him both of us r still too young(my hb older den me 3yrs) & we both dun earn much. so he worked hard to earn more $ to impress my dad, let him c he got $ :tlaugh:. 3yrs later he told my dad we intend to apply for a house, want to get my dad permission. my dad said ok go ahead. 6mths later we got a house & ROM lor. 1yr later we had our customary wedding.

my hubby didnt actually proposed lor, but to me is alrite as long as hes a doting hubby to me can liao & somehow my parents grew to like him so much sometimes even side him! :tlaugh:
U're his 1st GF??????????????????????????????? OMG!!! So sweet lo!!! and i agree with ur last part... the whole paragraph, HAHA...

pkshl

U're his 1st GF??????????????????????????????? OMG!!! So sweet lo!!! and i agree with ur last part... the whole paragraph, HAHA...
ya actually i dun believe im his 1st gf, so i observe him & his actions for quite some time, can say he's a blockhead & not romatic at all :tlaugh:

jal

ya actually i dun believe im his 1st gf, so i observe him & his actions for quite some time, can say he's a blockhead & not romatic at all :tlaugh:
Good for u!!! I am my hubby's second, but he is my FIRST.:red:

Stan

As this is my 2nd marriage, so my 1st dear daughter is from my ex... But my hubby is really lovely and understanding. Loves my dear daughter like his own, even more then my EX does.

There was this day when my hubby ( then BF, not married yet) help me go pick my dear daughter from her childcare, he suddenly message me say, "just now Celest friend ask me who am i, i LL gotta say uncle ... So when you wanna be Mrs Soo huh so she can call me Daddy?"

I just replied dont know, then not long later he ask me go with him meet his buddy to view flat together. then you know typical, say he wanna buy the location der too same as his buddy... then i blur blur say ok , and he was damn happy, then he reminded me bout the SMS again, he said, so its yes to be Mrs Soo right?

Though nothing extravagant, but I felt the SMS was really unique and special to me, too bad I lost the SMS, but i'll always remember it...
it is really sweet and kinda romantic too! :tlaugh:

so envy ................. you still say not really propose... this one very good ... haha...
Hehe... Thanks... I always dreamt of him kneel down n propose mah but bo lei... :d

snowbear

Before i got together with my hubby, i actually accepted a proposal from another guy (eventually i broke up with him coz he kept siding with his psychotic mum - that's another long story) and we actually had all the wedding preparations done. That was a romantic proposal i must say, even though things didn't work out in the end. He booked a table at Les Amis at Botanic Gardens and had given the bouqet of flowers and the ring to the staff earlier before meeting me so that i wouldn't know that he was going to propose. Towards e end of the dinner, he gave me this CD case and in it was a poem he wrote (the first letter of every line spelt 'Will you marry me'). Then the waiters came with the bouquet of roses and the ring. And he followed up by kneeling down and proposing.

Such a romantic proposal compared to my hubby's proposal. My hubby proposed in the car with the ring. :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh: My hubby's a down-to-earth type of guy , totally relieved that i chose him in the end even though he's not romantic at all... I'd rather a man who can love me and protect me than one who's hardly there for me but full of romantic moves.

Last edited:

apollo

Before i got together with my hubby, i actually accepted a proposal from another guy (eventually i broke up with him coz he kept siding with his psychotic mum - that's another long story) and we actually had all the wedding preparations done. That was a romantic proposal i must say, even though things didn't work out in the end. He booked a table at Les Amis at Botanic Gardens and had given the bouqet of flowers and the ring to the staff earlier before meeting me so that i wouldn't know that he was going to propose. Towards e end of the dinner, he gave me this CD case and in it was a poem he wrote (the first letter of every line spelt 'Will you marry me'). Then the waiters came with the bouquet of roses and the ring. And he followed up by kneeling down and proposing.

Such a romantic proposal compared to my hubby's proposal. My hubby proposed in the car with the ring. :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh: My hubby's a down-to-earth type of guy , totally relieved that i chose him in the end even though he's not romantic at all... I'd rather a man who can love me and protect me than one who's hardly there for me but full of romantic moves.
yeah yeah~~ :Dancing_wub:

Lin-12

For me, i only knew my hubby for less than a week then we got together. And on e 2nd day morning of being together, we already say we wanna get married. I met him in July 06 and got ROM in Dec 06 as we wanted the date 1212..The whole thing was madness and all our frens tot we were joking...He bought me a ring and wrote a card marry me? and put it at the side of my bed so that the 1st thing i open my eyes i'll see the ring and the card. Hahaha but i was being cheeky and pretended that i didnt see it till he have no choice but to ask me whether i saw it. But the kneeling part is i request frm him de instead of he automatically kneel down...

Spiralng

I hv been together wif my hubby for 2yrs when we went to East Coast beach to celebrate his birthday and there is this heart shaped cookie with the word WILL U MARRY ME....very romantic hor....except...Ahem...I am the idiot who bought the cookie and give it to him as a gift.

Spiralng

Aiyo...so...sweet....