Avent Blender/steamer

sorsor

Hi all mummies can anyone share their experience in using Avent blender/steamer ? Is it necessary to get one ? Is it useful ? My baby turning 6 mths soon n I m thinking of giving her cereal . Any good recipes to share for weaning ? Like to make more friends n share experience !

ast0212

Personally I find it a waste of money and didn't get one. I just mashed up food with a fork :) Mashed food like banana, broccoli, carrot etc... Even if food is blended up they only need it for about a week before moving onto textured foods. Only babies who start at 4 months may need blended up food for longer :)

cel.lea

hi, i have not gotten a blender yet but planning to, cos it's time saving more than anything else.

joeybeadz

I bought it too. Tried and quite good. U can divide the portion and store in freezer as young baby will not eat a lot. You can also use for your own cooking if you want.

Then again, after that, when my daughter is introduced to porridge, then this equipment is left there to collect dust. :)

marshmallows

Personally I find it a waste of money and didn't get one. I just mashed up food with a fork :) Mashed food like banana, broccoli, carrot etc... Even if food is blended up they only need it for about a week before moving onto textured foods. Only babies who start at 4 months may need blended up food for longer :)
I would say it really depends cos every baby develops differently. For my boy, he took the longest time to progress to lumpy/thicker food. Even today at 13 months old, he wouldn't take food mashed up with a fork, nor take any table food like steamed carrots/brocolli/rice/pasta stars (not even baby biscuits or gerber puffs!). He would just play with the food or throw it everywhere. I have to mash his food together into porridge before he would even consider eating. Sigh...

And during days where he is sick with flu/cough, he would not eat anything other than silky smooth porridge, so I have to resort to even blending up his porridge together with vege and meat before he could finish up the whole big bowl. No choice cos I dun want him to be solely on milk for the whole day, so blended porridge is better than nothing.. at least he takes in some meat and vege....

So for me, the Avent steamer/blender is really good and value for money :)

Last edited:

cel.lea

Then again, after that, when my daughter is introduced to porridge, then this equipment is left there to collect dust. :)[/QUOTE]

Hi, just to let u know, my mum uses the blender for porridge too. not blending the porridge but blended meat, pumkins & any other ingredient u can think of. that's y i am looking for one now. my 7mth bb had started nestlec cereal & now on porridge. we had blended (or my mum did) meat & other food stuff & mixed it up in his porridge. my bb loves it. smooth texture.

Last edited:

Stephhiie

Hi, how much did you paid for the blender cum steamer?

I bought it too. Tried and quite good. U can divide the portion and store in freezer as young baby will not eat a lot. You can also use for your own cooking if you want.

Then again, after that, when my daughter is introduced to porridge, then this equipment is left there to collect dust. :)

sorsor

I think the cost is $199 nett but different department stores r throwing in different gifts . I jus saw a promoter at causeway pt last weekend displaying the avent blender/steamer with very good gifts such as plates , spoon , pillow etc but I don't intend to buy one cos I think I will jus steam n blend bb food myself .

Stephhiie

I think the cost is $199 nett but different department stores r throwing in different gifts . I just saw a promoter at causeway pt last weekend displaying the avent blender/steamer with very good gifts such as plates , spoon , pillow etc but I dont't intend to buy one cos I think I will just steam n blend baby food myself .
Okay! Thanks for replying :)

milkshake

Hi

I bought mine at Robinson for $179 which comes as a bundled with plates from 3-12 months, utensils, some food jars etc.

mama_aki

It is very useful and saves time and washing. Even now I still use it and when I need to get the blade replaced, I really know the difference because it is so time consuming to mash food myself in large portion to freeze. Definitely worth to get! Best deal should be during the Philips fair, keep a lookout.

I have the Avent. I like it, easy to use. But for rather small portions only. But blend very well and very smooth. I even use it to steam pumpkin and sweet potato cubes for myself and mashed potato for other family members. Haven't tried on baby cos he is not even a month old but am excited when the time comes. It's easy to clean but pumpkin stains the white parts.

xiaodaisy

dont feel its a must to buy , i bought a similar function one which cost $19.90 , can steam & blend too .. but used less den 5 times , my baby out grown puree stage .. even $19.90 i also feel waste money =(

this is the blender cum steamer i bought

Daisy Tay's Photos | Facebook

Qookie

I love my Philips Blender-Steamer! Just that the wire is way too short. But that's not a big issue.

You can do a fast chop rather than a long blend. So this machine works for lumpy foods as well. When my baby over grows those functions, it can also be a great steamer for finger foods like carrots. Or even steam and blend to make mashed potato for adults! Haha. I really sound like Philips is paying me for advertising here. Haha.

I agree! It's so convenient I can bring it overseas to cook n prepare food for my baby. :) don't need pots! No need fire! just plug in! So easy!!!

Last edited: