Baby acne/rashes

recently he got another problem, he tends to get red patches on the body after a warm bath, once cool down, the patches are gone. wanted to bring him to doctor but it always subsides and he is ok. i will see how it goes

Celz

Think it'll go away soon... My gal used to have red patches on her face since wk3. Worse after warm bath or when she gek n cry. Doc say its called storkbite n told us to leave it as it is. But we din listen. My MIL worried so seek 2nd opinion from another doc during jaundice test, then doc gave moisturizer. Worst!!! The whole face was red n turned into brownish scaly patches.

Thus, we brought her see paed doc. She said its eczema. Gave a steroid cream which we only applied 2-3days. In addition, she said it might be triggered by heat or scented shower bath (which we were using J&J). So we change to cetaphil then. Now, she's 11wks old n only occasionally she has a couple of pimple on her face. Otherwise, it's all clear n pretty face now =)

verieying

Hi,

from what i've read, it can be due to harsh soaps etc...
My boy had a small patch and doc gave Daktorcort for just 1-2 weeks.

However, I always let my elder kids use J&J since they were babies, till i read that it can be quite harsh (as now SAHM have more time to "research" ;) so now for my small baby, I am using Organic Products fo my baby.

I've used, Gaia, California Baby, and now Nature's Organics. Get from IHERB.com much cheaper than the organics shops here! Can use Discount CODE : JTM172

-> $10 off $40 plus free shipping depding on weight!

melindastone13

The bumps of baby acne are quickly fleeting evidence of the connection between a mother’s body and her baby’s. During the final moments of pregnancy, her hormones cross the placenta into her child. Among other things, this stimulates the oil glands on the skin, eventually giving rise to the baby acne. Read more here: Baby Acne: How to Treat?