Baby Bronchitis

isabelandrew

hi there, if anyone can share with me? is baby bronchitis common and serious and recurring?

im 1st time mummy and my 9tmh+ bb recently got bronchitis.

how to prevent?

snowbear

My fren's bb also got bronchitis before she turned one. She's 1.5years old now and so far no repeat episode. My fren's pd said the bb prob caught it from someone else at the clinic when she went for her jab...

jasobias

hi there, if anyone can share with me? is baby bronchitis common and serious and recurring?

im 1st time mummy and my 9tmh+ baby recently got bronchitis.

how to prevent?
Ya bronchitis cld get serious.Can develop into pneumonia..so must always monitor if baby is feeding n peeing well even if its sick esp since its coughing.
Its viral so must just take the usual precautions..like avoid crowded places,wash hands etc
can read more here
Baby Bronchitis
My eldest son used to get it quite often so i wld run to the dr each time he has a cough.

isabelandrew

Hi Mummy, im not sure to ans you, but can you pls share with me what are the symptoms like???
well, i only realized when i brought her to see PD today.
she was happy until milk time.

after bottle feed, she would cough non-stop. until out of breathe and teary eyes. this morning, 80% feed was puked out. then she is ok.

started to have runny nose , too.

so far, no fever

isabelandrew

Ya bronchitis cld get serious.Can develop into pneumonia..so must always monitor if baby is feeding n peeing well even if its sick esp since its coughing.
Its viral so must just take the usual precautions..like avoid crowded places,wash hands etc
can read more here
Baby Bronchitis
My eldest son used to get it quite often so i wld run to the dr each time he has a cough.
aren't you worried when your son 'used to get it'? im super guilty that she is sick now with bronchitis. not sure if i hv been brining her out. she used to be a 'stay home bb'.

i hv a stupid neighbour who kept smoking from their bed room. sometimes i did not rush in time to close the window when my bb is sleeping in there.

does this impact?

BbpHir3

im 1st time mummy and my 9tmh+ baby recently got bronchitis.

how to prevent?
it CAN BE recurring~~ esp if your kid end up with a sensitive nose... but usually as long as the show flu/cold symptoms, bring them to the pd immediately.. if they recover from the cold/flu fast, it wun escalate to bronchitis..
my girl have bronchitis when she was 4mth old.. with the pollution we are having in all the environment that we bring our kids to is not good for them oso.. so for the now, until after baby recover, avoid bringing baby to/near dusty (contruction site) or area where ppl smoke.. if someone at home smoke, tell them to smoke outside the house..

apollo

i hav replied at the other thread: 'what kind of cough is it', u may wnt to check that thread too?

from my personal experience, yes bronchitis will come bk again if ur baby is not taken care properly. cos ds has kanna it many times even though we stay at home, didnt go out at all -.-"""

better stay away from ur neighbour cos my pd told me if baby get in contact with ppl who smoke, they might get bronchitis easier esp if ur baby immune system is low...

prevent crowded places lik shopping malls. open-air places are fine.

let ur baby slp on an adult pillow, to keep her upright abit when she slp, so she will be more comfy, esp when she coughs.

apollo

here's what i replied u at the other thread:

"dear son has kanna from bronchitiws many times alrdy though he is only 6mth old. he got it as young as 2 mths old. too many times that i hav alrdy lost count. but definitely more than 3times...

i know hw you feel.. very sad to see our babies sick until lik that.. that period, we change bedsheet EVERYDAY cos he everyday will merlion after milk when he coughed. at night he also cannot sleep well.. and whenever he kanna bronchitis, confirm need to use nebuliser if not will worsen, we even BUY the machine hm =(

my pediatrician told me in order to prevent, best is dont bring them to crowded places... open air places are alright. if want go shopping malls, dont go for too long, maybe 2-3 hours max..

now we slowly bring dear son out everyweek... hope to build up his immune system. =)

from my personal experience, bronchitis need around 3-5days to recover but the cough itself will take around 1 week+ - 2weeks to fully recover. =)"

i noe abit extra lahh but at least u dont hav to check so many threads.. hehe..

jasobias

aren't you worried when your son 'used to get it'? im super guilty that she is sick now with bronchitis. not sure if i have been brining her out. she used to be a 'stay home baby'.

i have a stupid neighbour who kept smoking from their bed room. sometimes i did not rush in time to close the window when my baby is sleeping in there.

does this impact?
no lah my son now 7 yrs old already.Just tht he used to be quite sickly then but i still brought him out as often as i can at least 3 times a week.Babies do need to be exposed to some germs to build up immunity.He is a very healthy boy now.He stopped getting sick after his brother was born.Guess they build up each others immunity by passing germs ..hehhehe.
Dont worry lah..just keep baby as comfy as u can.Now my baby girl 4 months also gets those little coughs n colds.But as long she can breathe properly n feed properly i bo pian.
But ya smoke really aggravates any cough.Can just keep windows closed all the time i guess.Like during hungry ghost month i just shut everything the whole day.

apollo

no my son now 7 yrs old already.Just tht he used to be quite sickly then but i still brought him out as often as i can at least 3 times a week.Babies do need to be exposed to some germs to build up immunity.He is a very healthy boy now.He stopped getting sick after his brother was born.Guess they build up each others immunity by passing germs ..hehhehe.
Dont worry ..just keep baby as comfy as you can.Now my baby girl 4 months also gets those little coughs n colds.But as long she can breathe properly n feed properly i bo pian.
But ya smoke really aggravates any cough.Can just keep windows closed all the time i guess.Like during hungry ghost month i just shut everything the whole day.
i agree! tt's y i started to bring ds out at least once a week aft his cough recovered.

isabelandrew

Thanks, all.

I also think babies need to be exposed to germs. But, look what has happened. Instead of minor coughs and flus, she suddenly developed bronchitis.

So heartache to see her in great discomfort.

I have a neighbour who likes to smoke at their window. The smoke comes up to ours, where my baby is sleeping. I hv nvr been able to 'air' my room bcos of this. I'm not bias about smokers - how to get them to cooperate?

apollo

Thanks, all.

I also think babies need to be exposed to germs. But, look what has happened. Instead of minor coughs and flus, she suddenly developed bronchitis.

So heartache to see her in great discomfort.

I have a neighbour who likes to smoke at their window. The smoke comes up to ours, where my baby is sleeping. I have never been able to 'air' my room bcos of this. I'm not bias about smokers - how to get them to cooperate?
oh dear~ is it possible to talk nicely to ur neighbour? tell him that ur baby is down with bronchitis and pd said is due to inhaling the smoke. if the window is close, will the smoke still comes in??

ds tt time also, 1st time sick, bronchitis. very heartaching =(

wenz

i do not know how to prevent bronchitis, but my PD said its some kind of virus, my gal got it when she is 8months old and was admitted for 2days + 2 weeks of nep at home den she fully recover...
Even since then till she is not 3yrs old, never reoccur anymore even thou PD said may reoccur anytime...

Phoebii Cheng

Yes smoky area, and crowded places are no no......my son has it too, and he is in child care

Actually bronchitis is due to the passage way not wide enough for them to cough out the phlegm, one of my colleague told me to bring my son to go swimming cos it will help to expand the lungs, his son oso has it, but so far is doing ok once take up swimming

apollo

Yes smoky area, and crowded places are no no......my son has it too, and he is in child care

Actually bronchitis is due to the passage way not wide enough for them to cough out the phlegm, one of my colleague told me to bring my son to go swimming cos it will help to expand the lungs, his son also has it, but so far is doing ok once take up swimming
swimming helps? hw many mths/old is ur son when he started taking up swimming? at those swimming pools?

Phoebii Cheng

So far has not brought my son swimming yet, intend to bring him this weekend cos he just recovered frm cough (again)

Yes my colleague's son tht time go to hospital many times to suck out the phlegm, cos' got bronchitis...then he bring the son go swimming, since 2 till now the son is 5 yrs old, no recurrent of it

apollo

So far has not brought my son swimming yet, intend to bring him this weekend cos he just recovered frm cough (again)

Yes my colleague's son tht time go to hospital many times to suck out the phlegm, cos' got bronchitis...then he bring the son go swimming, since 2 till now the son is 5 yrs old, no recurrent of it
do u know when can baby start learning swimming? as in those real swimming, not those bath tub one...

ds tt time admit hospital due to reflux, also went for suction to suck out his phelgm/musuc... he cried v badly, so poor thing =(

diymummy

My infant care teacher also told me swimming helps. It strengthens the lungs. She said no need to go for lesson type of lesson. Just submerge them in the pool neck down and let them kick in the water. That's what she told me. So far I only brought my son to the swimming pool twice. Tough to bathe baby outside of home esp in public pool toilets.