Baby Cereal

chuaeil

When can my baby start on cereal? Currently she is going to 3 mth, she is fully BF. Pls advice. Thank you

Catty

If follow by he Cereal tin is stated 4 mths and above, if follow by old people saying the best is 6 mths.

My MIL will only let me feed my baby with cereal when she turn 6 mths plus but i got a friend she mixed cereal with milk when his son turn 4 mths. :elvis:

kj2008

My baby is 4 1/2 mnths. I started giving him Nestle rice cereal at 4 mnths with formula milk. Also started to give banana milk (made with formula milk).

autumn82

My PD also advised me to introduce DS rice cereal from 4mth-6mth old. But up till now, I still haben la.. coz lazy. :p But recently, heard from a fren, he told me now found out best is after 6mths then give bbs food coz their systems can't digest it properly yet. So ya, for me, prob after 6mth ba.. :p

Rapple

I started with 1 teaspoon of rice cereal for my ger to taste when she was 4.5mths. Dint do full weaning till she was 6mths.

Catty

My frd gave her son cereal mixed with milk when he's turn 4 mths furthermore his son appetite is real good, will cry for milk every 2 hourly so now his son is big build and very tall too!!! :elvis:

The very last time i saw his son is when he's 18 mth but he seems like 2.5 yrs or 3 yrs old kids, he don't looks fat but can see he very tall build, dunno is it bcos of the cereal mixed with milk for 2 hourly that will make his son so tall build.. :err:

chuaeil

hi everyone,
is so confusing, there is so much and different saying. My aunti also said 4th mth can start but my friend said 6th mth. My gynae W.K Tan told me before 3th mth she said BM not enough nutrion for her. But i kind of agreed 6th mth cos baby system not matural yet. hai... dont know confuse man..:tconfused:

rachel.ang

i think 4 months onwards can start...
just that, IF you can wait, wait until the baby is 6 months then start solid food.
Give baby's internal organs enough time to grow to full size,
PLUS, i think will cut down on allergy if wait longer to start solid food.
That's what the nurse told me, when she overheard me asking the PD, & PD replied anytime i am ready (my baby is 4 months then).