Baby Coughing

whoami

Hi,

Not sure if there is a thread on this, but my ger has been coughing yesterday and especially at night it was quite bad ... did not sleep well cos she keep coughing. She is 11 mos liao ... any mummy can advise what kind of medication can i give her? I knw that there is a kind of rub for babies ... but i not sure what is the brand. Can advise please? Thank you. Need it urgently ...

BbYew

hihi, there's tis baby chest crub at gardian pharmacy..i tink the bramd is baby sleep well or something..there's a crescent moon wif a bear sleeping on it...I've used it 4 my baby b4..quite effective...since ur baby is already 11mths, can try to boil some Pear and Almond soup 4 bb 2 drink also...tis soup helps to regulate cough and nourish the lungs also..hope tis helps..:tlaugh:

whoami

hihi, there's tis baby chest crub at gardian pharmacy..i tink the bramd is baby sleep well or something..there's a crescent moon wif a bear sleeping on it...I've used it 4 my baby b4..quite effective...since ur baby is already 11mths, can try to boil some Pear and Almond soup 4 bb 2 drink also...tis soup helps to regulate cough and nourish the lungs also..hope tis helps..:tlaugh:
thanks for your advise ... is it call 'Snuffle Babe'? This is wat the pharmacist recommended to me ... it got a moon on the box ... dun knw if its the same or not ...
i have also managed to find old post regarding this ... and i bought lilybulb to try to ... Hope it can clear her phlegm and cough ...:Dancing_tongue:

twistlyn

hi, you not planning to bring ur baby to see a doctor? i think she probably is suffering from an infected throat, which is the rage now. better to seek professional treatment.
poor girl, hope she gets better soon.

whoami

thank you for all the kind mummies out their for their concern on my ger ... Hv not tried the medi yet cos i just bought and hv not bring it home yet ... Will let her try tonight ... if tmr still the same ... will bring her to see PD ... hope all is well by tmr ...:we3sad:

Vone

'Snuffle Babe' is it used for blocked nose? I brought my ds to PD clear lungs but nose still blocked PD gave some nose drops but dont seem to be helping much. *alrdy brought ds back to PD* Can 1 month old ++ baby use 'Snuffle Babe' ?

whoami

'Snuffle Babe' is it used for blocked nose? I brought my ds to PD clear lungs but nose still blocked PD gave some nose drops but dont seem to be helping much. *alrdy brought ds back to PD* Can 1 month old ++ baby use 'Snuffle Babe' ?
but the instruction on the box said to be used on infant 3 mos and above wor ...

BbYew

hihi vone,

it's best to bring ur ds bk to ur PD..tell him that bb got blocked nose, he will prescribed a bottle of nasal spray 4 ur ds to clear his blocked nose de.:tlaugh:

Carol

And also keep the temperature at 25 or above . Cos if the environment is too cold , it will irritate the lungs too .

leesm105

the same rub I am using for my kids, rub on palms till warm, put 1 of ur palm on her chest, another 1 on the back. Then, rub abit on both feet & put on socks.
It helps them to sleep better...

But, do concult ur doc for the actual problem. My dotter will get cough after each time fever, this month is her 3rd mth continuously. Kinda worries abt her. But, this round doc give her some scaches to mix with water to disolve the flames.. this works better with cough syrup.

maMaSan

This remedy seemed to work wonders on my 2 kids:
Honey with apple cider vinegar. Make thick honey, add one tsp apple cider vinegar (get organic type). Always seemed to work. (even on me...)

Or... brew luo han guo let her drink throughout day. Pu-er cha also works quite well even on my younger kid. Not sure if suitable for 1plus though... but my boy drank since 2yo and I noticed when he drank pu-er cha during the day, night cough was nearly nonexistent, or at least controllable.

hth