Baby cry when change diaper

hueychye79

Hi all mummies...

My baby always cry when we change his diaper..

Is it normal?

Because after change the diaper he will stop crying liao..

PinkDiamonds

Is anywhere in his nappy area painful or uncomfortable? He is crying most likely because he is associated something negative with diaper changing. Maybe you can sing songs or try to comfort him while changing diaper, cultivate positive feelings during diaper changing times.

apollo

when ds was lik tt before 2mths old, he always cry v badly when we take off his clothes or change his diaper... he cried badly when we took off his clothes but stop aft we wear back for him i think maybe lack of sense of security?? but aft 6-7 weeks old he okay alrdy and nw he loves us changing his diaper and taking off his clothes... now he will smile widely when we take off his clothes and started to cry and scream when we wear back for him -.-""""

but do check for any rashes on his butt... cos it might be rashes or what which cause him to feel pain or umcomfy...

kathtan

Agree with the rest, check physical first. My twins cried everytime they poo(they poo very often when newborn, close to 8 times a day), until i switched their milk to another brand which reduced the poo times to once a day. The crying then also stopped. So i suspected that they were in pain when poo or scared of pooing.

LoVeS

i tink it pretty normal coz both my kids aso cried when we are changing their diapers when they r infants~ I guess sum kids juz dun like the feeling of lying down ~

sugarcookie

My baby hates having her diaper changed too. She will scream and struggle. I literally have to pin her down.

It will be worse once your baby is able to flip. He will keep flipping while you are changing his diapers!

meiteoh

Urm, my baby was like that in the first week. Then every time we change her diaper, I would sing her a song - I used this song from a Disney cartoon. Then gradually, I decided to scrape the song and talk to her in my clowny mode instead, "Eva, c'est le diaper time woooo!". (Clowny coz my HB thinks I sound funny!) I'll even explain what I'm doing to her ("Mummy's changing diaper. Time to take off tabs and look, off it comes. Oooo, look at the poo..." and etc) and that I need her to stay still so that I can do it faster and all.

So since her 2nd week until now, she never cries and in fact, sometimes I think she loves it when we do a diaper change. Plus she has sort of understand that she needs to stay still and when to move her legs (bend them and straighten them). If your baby is okay - no constipation and all - perhaps you could try making diaper time fun for them too, eg make funny faces, sing or talk to them.

drmoomoo

My gal will cry when i change her diaper too. Now, i have the practice to tell her that I am going to change her diaper before i do it... don't know if she understands but the crying seems to be lesser.. :)

kenxf_03

DS is also like this when he is still an infant, tink his 1st few weeks at home. So I always sing him song, talk to him or if all these wotn work on him, then use toy to distract him or give him pacifier.

since his 2nd mth onwards, he's better already. Till now, he enjoy us changing his diaper. And we have difficulty canging loh, cos he kp flip here and there, ended up the diaper is not in place loh. Gotta wait till he lie on his back then can stick the sides properly! >.<

apollo

dear son is also like this when he is still an infant, tink his 1st few weeks at home. So I always sing him song, talk to him or if all these wotn work on him, then use toy to distract him or give him pacifier.

since his 2nd month onwards, he's better already. Till now, he enjoy us changing his diaper. And we have difficulty canging loh, cos he kp flip here and there, ended up the diaper is not in place loh. Gotta wait till he lie on his back then can stick the sides properly! >.<
SAME!!! ds also enjoy changing diaper BUT he will flip aside, when i flip him back, he flip to his side again!!! HAHA!

hueychye79

Is anywhere in his nappy area painful or uncomfortable? He is crying most likely because he is associated something negative with diaper changing. Maybe you can sing songs or try to comfort him while changing diaper, cultivate positive feelings during diaper changing times.
Pink Diamond

Baby don't have nappy rash because when change diaper very frequent.

About 3hrs after feeding time and I will make sure we put 1 white layer on his 'buttock'...

Sing song to him ah.....

Haven try, just put pacifier and sometimes he will stop crying..

hueychye79

Thanks all mummies...

Looks like is pretty normal my baby cry when I change diaper for him..

Sometimes I suspect he is screaming more than crying -_-""

Ottermum

Why babies cry? they're afraid of the cold wipes!

There was once i brought my boy when he was few days old to a clinic packed with people n he pooed so we changed his diaper at a corner...

when the cold wipe touched his butt he screamed soooo loud nearly all patients look at us...thinking we must be murdering him!!

now whenever i change his diaper he giggles...he's afraid of the cold wipe!!

apollo

Why babies cry? they're afraid of the cold wipes!

There was once i brought my boy when he was few days old to a clinic packed with people n he pooed so we changed his diaper at a corner...

when the cold wipe touched his butt he screamed soooo loud nearly all patients look at us...thinking we must be murdering him!!

now whenever i change his diaper he giggles...he's afraid of the cold wipe!!
quite true cos infants are afriad of coldness.. maybe can try using warm water with cotton wool to clean?? i do that now cos i feel tt it's cleaner too, esp when he poo.. haha