Baby Diapers?

Jan25

am using mamy poko for night use,drypers for day use cos they are cheaper....
drypers tend to have leakages easily if i forget to change for more than 3hrs. have tried huggies and pampers but find mamy poko absorption better,can last more than 6hrs.

Ting

actually its not good for babies to hv their diapers on for long hrs.
it will make them more prone to diaper rash, even if it keeps them dry, cos of the urine.
i mean, it will also be uncomfy for the baby right?
think abt it this way, when u r having your period, even if its the last few days n one normal pad can last u the whole day (from morning to night) but in btw, u will still change at least one to two times when it is stained right?
cos it is uncomfy n unhygiene.
for my theory, same logic, i would think tt the child would feel uncomfy with a soiled diaper even if they r "dry".
so i will always change pin's diaper every 2-3hrs. might be wasteful even if she only pee-ed once, but to me, its the hygiene issue. n the "dried" urine keep comin into contact with her skin, makes me feel uncomfortable myself.
MP is good, something i agree cos i tried using b4.
but bcos i change diapers so frequently for pin, i invested in a cheaper one, n pin nvr had a diaper rash b4. (or perhaps less than 5 times in these 3 yrs).

shiyi

dun like drypers becos of its using sticker instead of velcro..the cutting oso small nn leaks for my girl..girl wearing huggies M n mamypoko S now

epicurean

i find huggies dry comfort pretty long lasting and drypers not only not lasting but i often find a few pcs that cannot stick well enough. I tried G.oon before, it's very absorbing and dry even after long hour of wearing.
Hi newmum80,

Yeah, I also find huggies dry comfort (red) better than huggies dry (blue). My boy uses huggies dry comfort for day-time and I agree with Ting about not keeping a diaper on for too long (even if the diaper is those long-lasting ones) to prevent discomfort & nappy rash. For night-time use, my boy's on Nepia coz it's soft, has a comfortable cutting, well-ventilated and has a pee indicator which makes it easier to check at night.

newmum80

Hi newmum80,

Yeah, I also find huggies dry comfort (red) better than huggies dry (blue). My boy uses huggies dry comfort for day-time and I agree with Ting about not keeping a diaper on for too long (even if the diaper is those long-lasting ones) to prevent discomfort & nappy rash. For night-time use, my boy's on Nepia coz it's soft, has a comfortable cutting, well-ventilated and has a pee indicator which makes it easier to check at night.

well, i only use disposable during night time as i'm kinda lazy to do the changing in the wee hour, hence i would prefer one that can last thur out the night. During the day, i am using bumwear which i change every 2 hrs. so far so good. :)

izanyzam

My boy has been using Huggies Ultra..I found that it holds his pee better coz the front part is thicker..Boys pee frontwards so that part being thicker helps..Tried using Dry Comfort the other day and end up kena rashes..Quickly switched back to Ultra..

During daytime will change once every 4-5hours..But at night,i will change after every nightfeed..Helps him sleep better with a dry clean diaper.. One day he can go through about 6-8 diapers (from 12am to the next day 12am)..

ling.er

:err:Any mummies using cloth diaper here??? As i;m still thinkin wana buy diaper for both day & nigh use or day time use cloth diaper night time use diaper.. = ="

shiyi

:err:Any mummies using cloth diaper here??? As i;m still thinkin want to buy diaper for both day & nigh use or day time use cloth diaper night time use diaper.. = ="
cloth one u have to check every hr cos it leaks badly.. tried using cloth 2 times n totally gave up =(

ling.er

cloth one you have to check every hr cos it leaks badly.. tried using cloth 2 times n totally gave up =(

u use cloth type in day time?? Cos i scare spend too much on diaper.. As i nt working.. Thinking to find a job when my son is 1yr old..

Mummy to Baby V

you use cloth type in day time?? Cos i scare spend too much on diaper.. As i not working.. Thinking to find a job when my son is 1yr old..
My boy has been on MODERN cloth diapers since newborn, day and night. Very absorbent, holds explosive poo very well and saves money. If on a budget, just get about 8 to 10 one-size type and wash daily. Most babies can use from 3 to 18kg. Cost about S$200 - S$300, can use on multiple children or resell if well-maintained.

View a sample review at Moo Moo Kow? One-Size Cloth Diapers |. If you are interested, send me an email and I would refer you to the brandowner for a discount.

(I don't get any monetary benefits out of this; simply spreading the love of using cloth diapers, which is best for baby's skin.)

ling.er

My boy has been on MODERN cloth diapers since newborn, day and night. Very absorbent, holds explosive poo very well and saves money. If on a budget, just get about 8 to 10 one-size type and wash daily. Most babies can use from 3 to 18kg. Cost about S$200 - S$300, can use on multiple children or resell if well-maintained.

View a sample review at Moo Moo Kow? One-Size Cloth Diapers |. If you are interested, send me an email and I would refer you to the brandowner for a discount.

(I dont't get any monetary benefits out of this; simply spreading the love of using cloth diapers, which is best for baby's skin.)

Thk Mummy to baby ... I will consider.. As im doin my comfinement @ my darling house.. So i nt sure the mum will help anot.. As his whole family is working..
So really need to think either cloth or normal diapers.. :nerd:

hakisumi

at first i use mamy poko.. den change to drypants but the sticky tape i dun like cos sometimes will accidentally stick onto ham's tummy.. ahh yooo.. so now i use huggies blue.. ok.. so far so good.. he wears it in the evening n when go out lor.. in e day at home.. is wrap cloth diapers..
in general when will change every 2-3hr be it diapers or cloth
sometimes he so slpy till he can slp w cloth diapers even though its so so so wet..LOl...

Last edited:

newmum80

you use cloth type in day time?? Cos i scare spend too much on diaper.. As i not working.. Thinking to find a job when my son is 1yr old..
i would suggest you to use modern Cloth diaper as it can absorb and hold better thn traditional cloth diaper. And if u are planning to have no. 2 or 3 etc, it is a good investment to invest in it. i still use disposable diaper at night.

shiyi

nope i used 2 times only n gave up..hassle to wash oso.
mayb u can buy cheap ones to use in the day n beta ones to use at nite?

nope i used 2 times only n gave up..hassle to wash also.
mayb you can buy cheap ones to use in the day n beta ones to use at nite?
Hmm, I used to do that when my son was younger and he can poop 2-3 times in one hour :err: But he got diaper rash in spite of all the changing and my conclusion was that the cheaper ones were not working for him.

Same thing for my daughter - switched from Huggies Newborn to Drypers cos someone gave a pack and she got diaper rash. Gone after switching back. But I don't really like Huggies cos I find the cut smaller than the rest and doesn't hold pee as well. She's 4.9kg and using S size now (green packaging) and it leaks in the night after 4 hours (she doesn't poop like her bro. Thank goodness!)

I used Mamy Poko with my son for a while. Ironically, the elastic tape at the back that was meant to give a snug fit became the cause of poop leaking out (when he was younger and on total BFing) - since it stretches open when he leaned forward. So we switched to Pampers and have sworn by it. He was on XL since 5+ months and holds his pee very well through the night, until recently when we had to upgrade him to XXL...

I guess different cuts suit different child body types so it's trial and error before you find the right one

allycat

I just tried a cloth diaper earlier today. Can last for about 1.5 hrs and I was using single insert. It leaked though, maybe I didnt snap the diaper properly...

About washing, I was no need to wash CD separately. Just put it together with baby's clothes and wash together.

shiyi

I just tried a cloth diaper earlier today. Can last for about 1.5 hours and I was using single insert. It leaked though, maybe I didnt snap the diaper properly...

About washing, I was no need to wash CD separately. Just put it together with baby's clothes and wash together.
did u put nappy liner inbetween? mil say put liao can lock the poo..den wun leak so easily

Mummy to Baby V

Thk Mummy to baby ... I will consider.. As im doin my comfinement @ my darling house.. So i not sure the mum will help anot.. As his whole family is working..
So really need to think either cloth or normal diapers.. :nerd:
The modern cloth diapers can be washed together with baby clothes. Every day, I do a load of laundry consisting of cloth diapers, baby clothes and adult home clothes. If washing machine has pre-wash function. then use it to pre-wash once to dilute the urine. If not, just rinse the diaper inserts once in a pail of water (re-use water to flush toilet).

They are gentle on baby's skin (no harmful chemicals), very absorbent and save a lot of money, so many grannies are supportive (my mum & my frens' mums/MILs).

My boy is a heavy-wetter and at 7 months old, Mamy Poko has to be changed up to twice a night!!! (We tried once during a hotel stay.) Only modern cloth diapers with adjustable absorbency can last through 12-hours night for him.

Breastfed babies also poo many times a day (my boy: up to 11 times initially). During such period, it is actually very practical to use cloth diapers. The modern cloth diapers also hold in the 'explosive' poo very well, due to the good quality elastics.

If there is leakage, it could be due to:
- fit (too loose on baby)
- insufficient pre-washing (new diapers need to be pre-washed 3 times to reach optimal absorbency)
- detergent build-up (use 1/4-1/2 of usual amt of detergent, and rinse well, else detergent build-up would repel urine)
- use of inappropriate diaper cream (most commercial diaper cream leaves an oily residue on cloth diapers, and lead to repelling of urine.)

Feel free to read these articles:
- Why I Love Cloth Diapers |
- Save Money and Mother Earth by Cloth Diapering |