Baby don't want to drink milk

fatxcat

Alpha Male
Hi,

My baby does not want to drink milk.. tried 4 types of brands all don't want.
How.. he only time we can manage him to drink is after he is sound asleep, we carry him and feed him, then he drink but sure will left over..
If you give him water, he will drink and if he taste it is milk, he will swipe with his hands and cry.

every feed he takes only about 3-4 ounces. He like to take solid food though.
the congee we make with carrot+potatoe and fish, he can take quite a bit and will grumble wanting more.

he is now 6+ months old. Don't what to do now because really tired trying to feed him and wasting so much milk powder.

DeongMummy

Hi,

My baby does not want to drink milk.. tried 4 types of brands all don't want.
How.. he only time we can manage him to drink is after he is sound asleep, we carry him and feed him, then he drink but sure will left over..
If you give him water, he will drink and if he taste it is milk, he will swipe with his hands and cry.

every feed he takes only about 3-4 ounces. He like to take solid food though.
the congee we make with carrot+potatoe and fish, he can take quite a bit and will grumble wanting more.

he is now 6+ months old. Don't what to do now because really tired trying to feed him and wasting so much milk powder.
Hi fatxcat, i have tis problem now. My bb doesn't like to drink milk since born. Can i know in the end u have any solution for your bb?

maichiang

i had also been exclusively breastfeeding(direct latching) mi boi for 16mnths...recently started him on milk, its such a struggle! he hates hates milk, am givin him gainIQ3 nw..dunno if i shld change the milk??!! cz he hates the taste of the FM..may i know what other type of milk are availabe?? for 18mnths..n which is more preferred by toddlers??..any1 can help out??

chery wong

i had also been exclusively breastfeeding(direct latching) mi boi for 16mnths...recently started him on milk, its such a struggle! he hates hates milk, am givin him gainIQ3 nw..dunno if i shld change the milk??!! cz he hates the taste of the FM..may i know what other type of milk are availabe?? for 18mnths..n which is more preferred by toddlers??..any1 can help out??
Hi Maichiang, I am a little concern after listening to your challenge. From what you said meaning baby might have challenges switching from our breastfeeding to formula milk. Maybe can ask your gyne for advice?

maichiang

Hi Maichiang, I am a little concern after listening to your challenge. From what you said meaning baby might have challenges switching from our breastfeeding to formula milk. Maybe can ask your gyne for advice?
yea, i shld ask..indeed he is having difficulties accepting FM..and mi being determined..always force feed him through syringe..and yet again, he is chesty..which i think is cz the milk again went to his lungs..haix..

Hello.I'm a breastfeeding mother right now and I have difficulty to feed her in a bottle.any help out there?

Last edited:
Hello.I'm a breastfeeding mother right now and I have difficulty to feed her in a bottle.any help out there?
Just to share my experience with my boy, he was breastfed exclusively for a year then i intro formula as i'm pregnant with my girl. he refused to suck from the teat no matter what brand i tried. In the end spoon fed him for about 2months before i tried using cup with spout, luckily he accept drinking the formula with the spout, then at 20months we introduced straw bottle and since then he drinks his milk using straw bottle. But he loves milk but picky eater

With my girl, im still breastfeeding her and she's 13month old. But her weight is always on 25th percentile although she eats everything, her pd says she's ok and healthy but i'm looking for ways to fatten her up. So i intro formula since 3 months ago, she doesn't take it well at all. She drinks water from milk bottle but with formula she refused to suck. She drinks from straw bottle too but again refused when its formula milk. So the only way to make her drink is to syringe feed her and she only drinks 120ml twice a day. Other than that we mix the formula into fruit puree or cereal.

I talked to my friends and relatived who are mothers and found that kids who eats well usually don't really like milk and the other way round. This happens to my kids, my son loves milk but picky with food, my daughter eats everything but hates formula milk.

Hth

maichiang

bt mi boi is a pricky eater n hates FM..thou he is at the 80th percentile..dunno hw...he was a big n chubby baby..n used to be at 100%..nw losing all his chubbiness!! nnnnoooo..!!!!

bt mi boi is a pricky eater n hates FM..thou he is at the 80th percentile..dunno hw...he was a big n chubby baby..n used to be at 100%..nw losing all his chubbiness!! nnnnoooo..!!!!
Hi maichiang, he's chubby cos he was breastfed i think, cos my son height and weight is always at 95th percentile, now at 2 yr 9mth he's 18kg which is above 100th percentile.

And its normal to lose the chubbiness around this age cos they are more active and walking and running.