Baby dont want to sleep

cutieseah

hi all, any suggestion like how to coax baby to slp?? my gal refuse to fall aslp. whenever i try to pat her to slp, she will make herself sudden alert when she was abt to doze off. pls kindly advise. thanks:tsad:

angelwendy

Re: Baby dun wan to slp

hi all, any suggestion like how to coax baby to sleep?? my gal refuse to fall aslp. whenever i try to pat her to sleep, she will make herself sudden alert when she was about to doze off. pls kindly advise. thanks:tsad:

I will carry my son & pat him then after deep sleep then put him on his cot... or worst to worst... i use yao lan... now my boy is 6 months old.. he sometime also like that...

ling.er

hi all, any suggestion like how to coax baby to sleep?? my gal refuse to fall aslp. whenever i try to pat her to sleep, she will make herself sudden alert when she was about to doze off. pls kindly advise. thanks:tsad:

My son is 2mth + nw .. Some time i rock on chair if nt i pat him to slp.. Mostly @ nigh b4 he slp time i will give bit of milk while makin him puke he will auto fall aslp .. :wong19:

candy_ian

i think its impt to set up a routine for kids.. no a hard n fast routine but with some allowances. then they will settle down pretty well.. play some soothing music, make sure she's well fed, diaper not wet n dim the lights in the room n pat pat her?

kenxf_03

Ds used to behave like this when he is 2 mths old. Its really terrible cos I carried him to slp and he falll aslp deeply in my arms. But the moment I place him on his cot, he wailed so badly! The butt juz touched the cot only, he can wailed like no tml le and refused to slp anymore!

So wat I do is to set a routine like wat candy_ian mummy mentioned. Get him sponged, diaper changed, drink his milk and then tell him its time for him to slp le. Carried him, sing him lullaby, and whne he fall alsp deeply, slowly place him on his cot. Then when he slp obediently, I praised him by his ear softly. And gave him a goodnite kiss.

This take me alot of time to let him get used to slp. Slowly, he know after the sponging, diaper chg, and milk, he can get ready to slp le..

ling.er

dear son used to behave like this when he is 2 mths old. Its really terrible cos I carried him to sleep and he falll aslp deeply in my arms. But the moment I place him on his cot, he wailed so badly! The butt just touched the cot only, he can wailed like no tml and refused to sleep anymore!

So what I do is to set a routine like what candy_ian mummy mentioned. Get him sponged, diaper changed, drink his milk and then tell him its time for him to sleep . Carried him, sing him lullaby, and whne he fall alsp deeply, slowly place him on his cot. Then when he sleep obediently, I praised him by his ear softly. And gave him a goodnite kiss.

This take me alot of time to let him get used to sleep. Slowly, he know after the sponging, diaper chg, and milk, he can get ready to sleep ..

I did try this way but no use for my son.. after milk i pat him after tat move him to cot.. less than 10min he wake ><" No choice so i intro him YaoLan .. Nw he happily slping .. .. As for nap only.. Nigh time i gt to feed him till very full then puke him pat him to slp ...:wong19:

Spiralng

Firstly, u hv to be patience cos baby can sense when u r trying very hard to make them sleep. The more u rush, the more they sense it. Secondly, make sure when u pat the baby, another hand is holding her down gently so that she will not figet. Lastly, before u move away, make sure your girl is already asleep for about 10mins, before u slowly move your hands away but dun walk off first cos some babies are light sleeper, once u move away from them, they will wake up. Trust me.....my kids never sleeeeeeeeep................

cutieseah

Firstly, you have to be patience cos baby can sense when you r trying very hard to make them sleep. The more you rush, the more they sense it. Secondly, make sure when you pat the baby, another hand is holding her down gently so that she will not figet. Lastly, before you move away, make sure your girl is already asleep for about 10mins, before you slowly move your hands away but dont walk off first cos some babies are light sleeper, once you move away from them, they will wake up. Trust me.....my kids never sleeeeeeeeep................
yup.. try all this.. all not working for her..
but this few days, she ok to slp when i put her down but not those deep slp type and not crying which is a gd thing for mi. lets hope this way will last. :)

Spiralng

but this few days, she ok to sleep when i put her down but not those deep sleep type and not crying which is a good thing for mi. lets hope this way will last. :)
Congrats..........dun worry she will get used to it. For me, I have already pass that stage. I remember the last time i hv to crawl on the floor around the play pen and pretend to sleep if my girl stir in her sleep.

Mummy to Baby V

but this few days, she ok to sleep when i put her down but not those deep sleep type and not crying which is a good thing for mi. lets hope this way will last. :)
Good luck! :) My boy is a super-fussy-light-sleeper so 99% of babies should be better sleepers. Ha...

(He had to be carried & bounced to sleep until 14 months old; just started sleeping through night without milk at 18 months old.) When you feel challenged, think of us. :)

cutieseah

Good luck! :) My boy is a super-fussy-light-sleeper so 99% of babies should be better sleepers. Ha...

(He had to be carried & bounced to sleep until 14 months old; just started sleeping through night without milk at 18 months old.) When you feel challenged, think of us. :)
wow.. tat was long.. i hope mine will not be so long.. heheh
if i think mine is stress, i will think of u mummies here wat u all gone through is tougher than mi.. n i should feel ii'm onli so small among u all.. heheh