baby got scared even swaddle during sleep

doraemn

Hi Mummies, any one koe wat to do if u swaddle baby but still startled when asleep...will sudden cry out loud.. What shld i do??

hueychye79

Hi Mummies, any one koe wat to do if u swaddle baby but still startled when asleep...will sudden cry out loud.. What shld i do??
When my son before 6 months, I use to let him sleep on tummy at nap time.

He can sleep more than 2 hrs.

But at night I will let him sleep face up because worry it is unsafe.

doraemn

I tried the tummy but he only nap awhile...he wan pple keep carry n walk ard then he will slp longer... Haiz.... Really dun koe hw

Did u wrap him firm enough? My boy was wrapped like a ba zhang~ he use to have slping prob as a newborn but i was saved by the sarong (yaolan). Many wld advise against it but i believe that as long as u dont 'over-use', it will b alright n will do more help than harm.
Points to note (points i followed through): make sure its firm n steady, hook drilled to ceiling, tied tightly. We bought the motor kind will auto shake one. What i do is i will manual rock lightly till my boy fall aslp then on the auto one also lightly only for another 15-30mins for him to fall deep aslp. Then switch off n leave there. Too much or too hard rocking not gd for baby brains. As i rock i pat the butt also.
Benefits, my baby slps soundly n securely. I think he's quite an insecure baby cos he's really difficult, always crying n not slping in the night til i got no choice n gave in to my mum, gotten a sarong. His head super round, we always shave him botak cos he sweats easily in hot weather, n everyone who comments will say his head shape very nice very round etc. After he rejects the sarong at 6mths plus, he's able to slp peacefully even loud noise like slamming door wont wake him.

Hope it helps~

doraemn

Dear all, thxz for the advice... My hubby against yaolan no matter hw hard i told him alot of mummies used this matter n their bb really slp well n developmts no prblem... But still cant pass... I did wrapped him firmly but he is very strong, kicked n struggled his way out..he sweated alot so nw i did nt wrap him n juz let him b... He still slp light n nt deep type...really Headache...

angiebaby

my baby didnt sleep in yaolan till she went to nanny house at 3 months old, she really sleep longer and better in yaolan compare to sleep on bed, but i dont want her too use to it so when she at home, she still sleeps on bed.

around 1 month plus after her first jab, she will wake up and cry loudly i have to carry her and walk around in order to make her sleep, sometime few hours, but its just a period of time, not longer than a week, she is better.

my baby also will sweat easily and will have heat rash very easily, what i do is wrap let her wear pants which cover toes then let her sleep in aircon room with humidifier, comfortable temp for baby is 22 to 25 degrees which you can never be able to do it without aircon, that's why i gave up the idea to let her sleep with fan and end up with heat rash.

just tahan for this period of time, they will sleep better when they older, since your hubby refuse yaolan then you got no choice but to slowly wait for him to grow up.

Well.. I was once in yr hubby shoes. My mum wants me to buy the sarong but i die die dont want. In the end still surrender. Other than myself needs the slp at night badly. It sure pains me to c my lil one nt slping well.
The purpose of the sarong for me is to act like the womb, to let the lil one feels as secure as he was inside my tummy.
Anyway, try putting yrself in the baby's mind. U have zero knowledge on this world, u were once wrapped up so comfortably. Then suddenly eveything change. U were squeeze n pushed n forced out of yr comfort zone. Suddenly all the calm mumbles become language u dont understand. The surrounding gets so hot at times n so cold at times. U r left open in a huge place. How would u feel? Everything is new n scary. Also, newborns cant control their movements yet. So u c them gets startled. They get scared or shocked by their own movements cos they donno its they themself moving.
If u dont want or cant use the sarong. Then no choice gotta use other methods. They will get use to this new world in a matter of time, its just whether we parents slowly let them blend in or let them learn the hard way.
Also, colic is one big culprit to y babies always cry! So if all ways dosent work u might want to try attack that area. =))

doraemn

My baby slp in aircon since he almost a mth as he sweat alot n heat rash appearred too...Nw my mil put him side way slp, he slpt abt an hr but i scare ltr his side face flat...so told her nt to do so often..cos she sae bb dun get startled so easy... I agreed tat yaolan really can make bb slp well as my frend gt auto yaolan n i put my son to tested out..he slpt n i asked my hub to look but he still dun like.... I give him tu tu wifout swaddle n he can slp but still startled....at times, he need to b carry n walk walk ard...frends of ours oso sae hv to wait for him to grow older n will b ok... I really cant wait tat moment coz very tiring haha... Thxz all for te sharg n advice :)

Hakida

I got a swaddle brand call LOVE TO SWADDLE.My gal was swaddled at night from birth until before she turns 2 months old.After 2 months old,she doesn't like to be swaddle.So I let her hug on a bolster and sleep lateral position.Only during the day,I will constantly turn her left and right so as not to get a flat head.

Maybe u can try this LOVE TO SWADDLE brand,or otherwise let her co sleep with you at night.My gal also co sleep with me until she turns 2 1/2 months old.