Baby Hates Pram!!!

sugarcookie

Help! My DD hates the pram! The moment I place her in it, she starts yelling and screaming and struggling.

She is 8kg now and getting too heavy for me to carry!

Any suggestions/advice???

BTW, she hates the sling too.

jasobias

i am almost in the same boat as u too but my baby is 3 months plus.Sling n carrier both she really hates.Then pram when she is sleeping she is ok until she wakes up n starts to howl.I think no choice but to carry just like tht.Encourage her to hold u tight.

candy_ian

my son hates the pram too in fact he has 3 diff prams n he hates them all.. I always carry him in my bjorn.. Whenever we bring the pram out the most he stays is 10 mins not even slping in it cos he sleeps on his tummy so he's not used to slping on his back or sideways in the pram.. He's abt 8kg too..

adlieyn

weird .. cause my baby loves her pram .. when she cry , the moment i put her onto the pram , she keep quiet .. I guess u have no choice but to carry .. try to make your baby loves the pram ..

annie

my girl loves her pram too. she can sit inside while day if im out whole day... i rarely carry her when we are outside.. but then of cos if the pram stops moving for quite sometime she will be bored n fuss la. maybe 20mins or so?

anyway it might be because u haven intro your bb to the pram as early as possible after they are born so when they get older they tend to show their preference.. i put my girl inside almost as early as 2weeks or 1 mths old... then i bring her out daily for a walk in the pram as well so she kinda got used to it n linked it to going out. so outside sure she have to be in pram. no choice... at first she also cry when i put her inside but i hackcare n push. once the pram starts to move she ok liao...

snowbear

my girl loves her pram too. she can sit inside while day if im out whole day... i rarely carry her when we are outside.. but then of cos if the pram stops moving for quite sometime she will be bored n fuss . maybe 20mins or so?

anyway it might be because you have not intro your baby to the pram as early as possible after they are born so when they get older they tend to show their preference.. i put my girl inside almost as early as 2weeks or 1 mths old... then i bring her out daily for a walk in the pram as well so she kinda got used to it n linked it to going out. so outside sure she have to be in pram. no choice... at first she also cry when i put her inside but i hackcare n push. once the pram starts to move she ok ...
I also used the pram since Alicia was a NB. But she still hates the pram!

breadgal

my son oso have e same problem.. been carryin n sling him since nb..
even carrier oso dun wan.. not to mention pram.. haiz
guess have to take time to intro to them slowly.. cos my son like to gai gai so i will make use the chance.. bring the pram out n let him sit inside n see things.. the moment he make noise or wake up fr his sleep will carry him up.. after a while put him back again.. it all started with less than few seconds to few mins to now half an hrs perhaps.. but sometimes oso need to depend on his mood n the surroundings attract his attention or not..
it's all abt patience n time

PinkDiamonds

I was carrying my daughter in the sling for about 3-4months until someone handed on to me her light-weight pram. Initially she wasn't used to it and would wail and bawl her eyes out because she was too used to being carried in my sling.

Eventually I decided I couldn't do this all the time so I'd just ignore her whenever she cries and wails and howls. Now she is slowly getting the idea. I know people will just look on and stare at me but I just ignore them and walk on doing my own stuff. There was one this mother kept looking at me and kept telling her daughter the baby is crying. I just pretended that I didn't hear her.

stonston

My boy only likes the pram when it's MOVING.

At the beginning we got those that he can face us & see is so he's not scared. After a while, he got curious and wanted to look around, so we let him face the front instead.

He loves the pram, until he learnt to walk. Now, we've chucked both prams in the storeroom.

diymummy

Help! My dear daughter hates the pram! The moment I place her in it, she starts yelling and screaming and struggling.

She is 8kg now and getting too heavy for me to carry!

Any suggestions/advice???

BTW, she hates the sling too.
My friend's baby is also like that. What they do is they train their baby to sit in it. So sometimes during play time, they will put baby in the pram at home and push him around for a while... Then some days evenings, they will push downstairs.. Along the way keep describing the surroundings to the baby. Btw, how old is your baby? That time their baby was like 6 mths when they did it. Now the baby is ok in the pram.

So just do it a bit at at time if you are unwilling to let your baby cry it out. I've another friend too like stonston mummy, only likes the pram when it's moving after the baby learnt to walk. So now the pram is always in the car and when the kid doesn't want to walk anymore and they wanna continue shopping, they'd use the pram to wheel the baby around.

For me, my baby was using a pram since birth. He loves it when he is pushed around and he can sees things, also coz he's used to it... as no one likes to carry him when we're shopping. I hope it continues to be so. Hahaha.

autumn82

Sounds so familar, just like Iggy. :tlaugh:

He was in bjorn since NB until ard 6mth+. I started putting him in a stroller for short trips (to fetch Belle, go opp to buy stuffs). At 1st, it was really bad. He cried like one kind the moment we put him in and even when we pushed him around! I had to bring the carrier along with the stroller in case he cries soooo badly. But soon we just ignored his cries coz I've to let him adapt to it.. :001_302: Soon he got used to it like after 1-2mths? :tlaugh:

Now he doesn't have problems sitting in a moving stroller & he still loves his bjorn. :001_302::001_302::001_302:

Ting

funny as it seems, doesnt hv this prob with pin at all.
she only fusses when she wants to come out to run abt, other than tt, she is cool with the pram since NB.

meiteoh

Urm, why not try to get some toys to distract your baby? Sometimes Eva fusses in the stroller but only when it's still for a longggggg time and she is super bored. So to help her calm down and even fall asleep without moving up and down (like if we were in a restaurant), I got her some toys and sometimes I'll even shake the stroller a bit.

sugarcookie

It's such a relief to know that there are other pram-hating babies out there!

My girl is 7mths+ now. Guess I should have tried placing her in a pram when she was much smaller.

Tried distracting her with toys as well but no use :/

Oh well, will just keep placing her in the pram and hopefully, she will eventually get used to it.

chiro

you are not alone. We have put him on stroller the moment we got out of the car at vivo city. Push until giant supermarket and he cried , miserably. The ultimatum came when he wailed high pitch. Suddenly seems that everyone in vivo very quiet, everyone turned to look at us, as if we have been torturing him.

So we quickly carried him. Recently when we were at vivo, we managed to push him further , this time to 'asian kitchen restaurant and he started his ra ra baby again. Sigh!

We were wrong in the beginning to carry him all the way. Now its pay back time! He can cry until face red, tears all over the face. But when we picked him up from stroller, he got the 'i am the winner look'

We were successful of makin him to sit in the stroller for almost 2 hours when we were at east coast. He was angry but did not ra ra as he knows that the waves will cover his noise. So dun waste energy . Haha

Ting

haha chiro, your boy is really CUTE!!
for pin, i've been putting her in the pram since NB, cos she slps most of the time... n she is far too heavy to carry at all times!
n i usually bring her out myself with my gfs, so alot of barangs. perhaps tts y she is used to it alr.

chiro

hi ting,

at least pin is very kwai lor...

show u pics of his angry look

haha chiro, your boy is really CUTE!!
for pin, i've been putting her in the pram since NB, cos she slps most of the time... n she is far too heavy to carry at all times!
n i usually bring her out myself with my gfs, so alot of barangs. perhaps tts why she is used to it already.

Attachments