baby hates water, how?

Girafee

My baby is turning to 6 months soon, so i start to introduce water to him. But he hates water, everytime will use his hand to push away the bottle.

Can i add honey or delorsa ( rose syrup) in the water to feed him??

Plse share your experience.

potato

Hi mummy,
My daughter dislikes water in the past, what i do now is i feed her using a cup.
She'll get wet all over but at least she drinks. :p I don't think you can feed her honey as she is below 1 years old? You can try warm water and barley! :)

LoVeS

My baby is turning to 6 months soon, so i start to introduce water to him. But he hates water, everytime will use his hand to push away the bottle.

Can i add honey or delorsa ( rose syrup) in the water to feed him??

Plse share your experience.
DO NOT feed ur bb honey when he is younger than 1yr old ~ It is harmful for him~ u can add gripe water into the water n feed him~

Ottermum

NO HONEY FOR BABIES UNDER 1...

sigh...my boy also hates water...gave him water mixed with gripe water he also refuses to drink...

force him to drink from the mag mag mug he can even store the water in his mouth n spit all out when his mouth's full!!!!

apollo

LoVeS mummy Ottermum are right DO NOT feed any honey to baby under 1year old. the consequences might be v serious. there is certain substances inside which is not suitable for babies below 1year and might cause them to hav certain allergies...

diymummy

My baby hates water till now. He's nearly 11mths.

What I do was in the morning before his first milk feed I would dilute the milk. Eg, 1 scoop = 30ml, then I would do 1 scoop to 60ml. Just to let him drink a bit. Then I'll slowly dilute it until it's completely plain water. It works well, so now, he will drink water if he's in a good mood though generally he still hates it. But at least he's drinking abit now.

Some babies prefer warm water. So you might want to make the water a lil warm.

You can also try fruit juices. Those that are sold in bottles in NTUC like Gerber or Heinz. Those juices are very sweet, so you must dilute them.

I've also heard of mummies using Delrosa. I've personally not tried and not read up on it.

Ting

try juices n dilute them.
i guess most mummies face this prob cos they only introduced arnd 6 mths.
pin has been drinking water since NB n she has no issues drinking plain water til now.
no fuss, n in fact, she loves drinking water. :)

annie

i intro my girl water only at 7mths. she doesnt hate water. guess im lucky. she usually drink 1 magmag cup a day. sometimes even up to 4 cups! i dun force her to drink.. just put her cup on the table n she will take n drink by herself if she is thirsty...

sugarcookie

i intro my girl water only at 7mths. she doesnt hate water. guess im lucky. she usually drink 1 magmag cup a day. sometimes even up to 4 cups! i dont force her to drink.. just put her cup on the table n she will take n drink by herself if she is thirsty...
OMG, you are so lucky!!!!

When did your baby start to pick up the cup and drink on her own?

Ottermum

try juices n dilute them.
i guess most mummies face this prob cos they only introduced arnd 6 mths.
pin has been drinking water since NB n she has no issues drinking plain water til now.
no fuss, n in fact, she loves drinking water. :)
I thought so too...cos i start giving water only at 6 months old n he doesn't like it...

so i told my friend who've just given birth to give her boy water once in a while...

in the end her baby also doesn't like it...

now i also dilute the milk...will add extra 20ml water everytime...

LoVeS

I thought so too...cos i start giving water only at 6 months old n he doesn't like it...

so i told my friend who've just given birth to give her boy water once in a while...

Do u knw u can dilute fruit juice for ur kid to drink since he is alrdy 1yr old? It should be fine for him to drink juice so dun dilute ur milk anymore coz dilute milk the nutrients will be diff alrdy~

perrier

my daughter hates water too. We have been trying to introduce to her slowly since 6 months. She is coming to 8 months now.

To add on about honey. I am actually quite upset. :( My inlaws keep insisting that barley+honey is good for baby. She has been telling me that her son (my husband) and all her 3 other children have been drinking it since day 1. Sometimes she also adds milk powder with barley+honey. She wanted to let my daughter drink when she was about 2 months old. Stopped her immediately and say PD says nothing but milk before 6 months.

Immediately 6 months up, she make barley+honey for her to drink! Argghhhh.. Told them it might be too sweet for baby but they do not listen.... Then they started their 'long before my time' tales again.. I'm glad my daughter is not allergic to honey after drinking. Sigh..... :(

apollo

baby before 1 year old cannot take honey?! I just bought cereal with HONEY for my 6 month old, can baby take it?

If just feed formula milk to baby, baby has to drink water right? How much water to give each day?

Thank you
cereal with honey? which brand is tt? but from what i know, those real honey really cannot...

ds is on fully FM since 4mth old and i totally did not give him any water until ytd. cos ytd i started intro him cereal so started to give him some water also. ytd WHOLE DAY i only give him ard 50ml... have to start slowly, cannot 1st day give water give till a big amount lik 1 big bottle... must let them slowly get use to it... slowly increase...

diymummy

baby before 1 year old cannot take honey?! I just bought cereal with HONEY for my 6 month old, can baby take it?

If just feed formula milk to baby, baby has to drink water right? How much water to give each day?

Thank you
Hi April mummy,

Did you buy the cereal from Nestle? There are stages on the box of the cereal. With honey should be stage 4 which means only suitable for children above 12 mths.

Attachments

Domique

my son never like to drink water from bottle...
but he drinks when i spoon feed him.

try that

Domique

food not to be introduce before 1 year
1-egg white
2-honey
3-nuts
4-Whole milk

any more mummies?

Ting

try not to dilute the milk.
u can give barley water, or diluted juices instead.
or give him more fruits, tt in a way can increase fluid intake.

also, u can try using a sippy cup since he is alr 1 yo.

Juan

my girl loves drink water when she is about 2 mths old, she is on formula milk. She can drink about 100 - 150 ml water per day. So far OK for her leh....

apollo

food not to be introduce before 1 year
1-egg white
2-honey
3-nuts
4-Whole milk

any more mummies?
birdnest? my dad say birdnest cannot, esp to babies below 1year...

as for nuts, if i'm not wrong, better dont intro b4 3years old... read from a book, and my cousin told me tt too.. haha...