Baby keep licking finger

hi mummies, is it normal for my baby 2mths old to keep licking his finger? as i have not trim his finger nails since he was born, hence he is still wearing mittens and i am worried that he will be eating in a lot of cottons from the mittens. should i give him pacifier instead? is licking his fingers means he is still hungry??

please advice me.

thanks alot..

jasobias

Its normal for babies wanting to explore their hands.My daughter started putting her fingers in her mouth too when she was abt 5 weeks old n if we r not fast enuf to get her milk..she wld stuff all of them in her mouth..hehehhe

Its normal for babies wanting to explore their hands.My daughter started putting her fingers in her mouth too when she was about 5 weeks old and if we are not fast enuf to get her milk..she wld stuff all of them in her mouth..hehehhe
huh really ah .. so the article which i read in the newmon magazine abt baby nursing pattern (they stuff finger into mouth when they are hungry) is true lo .. so i shant use the pacifier la?

thanks for sharing..

apollo

it's normal =)

actu stuffing hands into mouth doesnt mean they are hungry... ds stuff his hands into his mouth most of the time, it's normal.. every babies will go thru this stage :001_302:

it's normal =)

actually stuffing hands into mouth doesnt mean they are hungry... dear son stuff his hands into his mouth most of the time, it's normal.. every babies will go thru this stage :001_302:
hmm so i shld trim his finger nails soon so that i can remove the mittens so he can lick his fingers directly hoh? btw when should i stop letting my son wear mittens n booties??

jasobias

hmm so i shld trim his finger nails soon so that i can remove the mittens so he can lick his fingers directly hoh? btw when should i stop letting my son wear mittens and booties??
Me i stopped the mittens when she was abt 1 week old.As long as u trim their nails u can take off the mittens already.I dont see the need for mittens after max 1 month of age.

diymummy

My ds likes to scratch himself even though we cut his nails very short. So he wore mittens till 4 months.

When I was cutting my son's nails when he was 3 weeks, I super stress... Once in a while I will cut his flesh... :(

apollo

hmm so i shld trim his finger nails soon so that i can remove the mittens so he can lick his fingers directly hoh? btw when should i stop letting my son wear mittens and booties??
yup.. i trim ds's nail every other day cos babies' nail grow v fast... i stop letting ds wearing mitten when he was ard 6-7week old.. as for those booties, ard 2mth ols.. now let him wear socks during night time and during v cold weather :001_302:

cmeilim

My DH and I have also knicked our DS' flesh when trimming his fingers, but he is very brave (or thick-skinned). Cried hard for a while the first time, subsequent times, he didn't kick up any fuss at all. We don't put on mittens for him in the daytime since he was one month old. But at nite, we still let him wear now (he's 4 mths old already) because he tends to rub his eyes and face a lot when he gets tired and during his sleep. We trim his nails twice a week and yet he can still scratch his face till bleed from time to time!

pokemon97

My dear son likes to scratch himself even though we cut his nails very short. So he wore mittens till 4 months.

When I was cutting my son's nails when he was 3 weeks, I super stress... Once in a while I will cut his flesh... :(
oh no...normally i will cut his nail when he is sleeping and will use small scissor to cut when he is small.

huh cut till bled. . oh goodness .. then i muz be mentally prepared .. by the way u all trim the nails when baby is awake or sleeping? i wan to do it sleeping but my MIL ask me do it when he is awake .. but i juz pretend din hear .. coz my MIL always give me crap advices with no sound reasoning .. as and when she thought is right when its always not ..

diymummy

I did it when he is asleep so I can cut slowly. When he's awake he moves around a lot. I also bought baby nail clipper when he was less than 4 mths.. After he 4 mths I used the normal nail clipper...

Ting

he's startin to explore now, so u shld remove the mittens alr.
just make sure thruout the day use cloth dap in warm water to wipe his hands occasionally. :)

apollo

huh cut till bled. . oh goodness .. then i must be mentally prepared .. by the way you all trim the nails when baby is awake or sleeping? i want to do it sleeping but my mother in law ask me do it when he is awake .. but i just pretend did not hear .. coz my mother in law always give me crap advices with no sound reasoning .. as and when she thought is right when its always not ..
some elderly say cannot trim when babies are slping, i dont know what's the reason. i just know trimming his nails when he is slping is the safest time. hehe... but sometimes when ds is awake, i'll 'kiap' his legs and body den trim his nails.. haha!

some elderly say cannot trim when babies are sleeping, i dont know what's the reason. i just know trimming his nails when he is sleeping is the safest time. hehe... but sometimes when dear son is awake, i'll 'kiap' his legs and body then trim his nails.. haha!
if i try to kiap my son .. he will scream for SOS at the top of his lungs n kick his legs .. haha