Baby keep rubbing his eyes & unable to sleep

sufeit0115

Hi all mummies,

My baby is 3 months old. I noticed the part below his eyes had some redness & swelling and he's keep rubbing his eyes. I thought maybe is due to dirty, i have tried to clean his face & eyes with cool boiled water many times and changed all his bedsheet & clothes, however the itch & swelling did not go away. So baby was unable to sleep last night and he becomes very cranky. I am thinking to bring baby to see PD later.

But would like to know any advice or remedy that will help to reduce the itch from experienced mummies here. Any one has encountered same problem before? Please advise.

nellu

Hi all mummies,

My baby is 3 months old. I noticed the part below his eyes had some redness & swelling and he's keep rubbing his eyes. I thought maybe is due to dirty, i have tried to clean his face & eyes with cool boiled water many times and changed all his bedsheet & clothes, however the itch & swelling did not go away. So baby was unable to sleep last night and he becomes very cranky. I am thinking to bring baby to see pediatrician later.

But would like to know any advice or remedy that will help to reduce the itch from experienced mummies here. Any one has encountered same problem before? Please advise.
hey since you mentioned swelling, it's best you take baby to see the paed. it could be some blockage somewhere.

do continue with the cleaning using cool boiled water.

and better don't try the BM method, it's not clinically proven.

Last edited:

hakisumi

Last time Graham got a patch on his cheek,apply cream also wun heal..
But surprisingly try a old wives tale using his wet cloth diaper to gently damp on the patch n he got well.. No more red patch..
Just to share though.. :)
Chinese saying yi tu gong tu..

If urs continue seeks pead.. :)

sufeit0115

Kaeden has sensitive skin since born (inherited from me!)...PD said should be due to the recent haze and the redness & itch will come and go. He said now the haze is not very serious, already have mild rashes, be prepared for worse during the mid year haze peak season!!

My poor baby, just wish i could take all his suffering....:wecry: