Baby Navel & farts

Casse

My baby 's navel umbilical cord , i think didnt drop off properly and the thing didnt went down so for the 2nd mth , we kept on go to poly clinic to go and burn it .( silver Nitrate)

and now after 3 times buring it's better but its still nt beautiful as in really went down =( :embarrassed:

and he keeps farting , dunno is it because of his navel hole ...

or he just farts alot . and any one's baby fart alot?

Feliz

My baby 's navel umbilical cord , i think didnt drop off properly and the thing didnt went down so for the 2nd month , we kept on go to poly clinic to go and burn it .( silver Nitrate)

and now after 3 times buring it's better but its still not beautiful as in really went down =( :embarrassed:

and he keeps farting , dont know is it because of his navel hole ...

my baby farts alot too!.. loud n smelly.. ! :tlaugh: its normal la i guess if fart alot..

apollo

what do u mean by didnt went down? u mean the belly button still pops out aft the cord drop? i rmb ds's belly betton didnt 'go in' when his cord just drop, only ard 3-4mth old den slowly 'go in' and becomes lik the one we adults have.

as for farting, ys it's very normal. when ds was a nb, he farted ALOT!! and of cos, very smelly! haha! :tlaugh:

newmum80

My baby 's navel umbilical cord , i think didnt drop off properly and the thing didnt went down so for the 2nd month , we kept on go to poly clinic to go and burn it .( silver Nitrate)

and now after 3 times buring it's better but its still not beautiful as in really went down =( :embarrassed:

I rember my 1st PD visit after discharge, she will check thoroughly of his overall and she prescribe a powder for the belly button. it was suppose to help the belly button went down nicely. After bath, i will sprinkly a little on his belly button even until now. :)

apollo

Quan's fart is so loud that it woke him sometimes :D
OMG!! so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I rember my 1st pediatrician visit after discharge, she will check thoroughly of his overall and she prescribe a powder for the belly button. it was suppose to help the belly button went down nicely. After bath, i will sprinkly a little on his belly button even until now. :)
yup my pd also prescribed the powder for ds too.. but i didnt noe it's for the belly button to go down.. thks for ur info.. haha.. :tlaugh:

diymummy

The navel can take up to 4 mths to go down. Refer to site below:
Karri Family Clinic Tampines: Help Doc! My Baby's Belly Button Sticks out!

It is normal for babies to fart. You should be glad that your baby is farting a lot or burping alot that means he is effectively getting rid of trapped air in his tummy. If the trapped air doesn't come out, they will get a painful tummy which makes them cry.

newmum80

OMG!! so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yup my pediatrician also prescribed the powder for dear son too.. but i didnt know it's for the belly button to go down.. thks for your info.. haha.. :tlaugh:
you are welcome. We all shares and exchange tips & info :)

cui_er

ya, i think farting lots is pretty normal. My girl does it all the time too. haha.

As for belly button, perhaps can ask the doctor again when bringing your baby for any of the vaccinations?

My K bear"s umbilical cord did not come off, not until one month later..Oh yes, he's a 'farty' boy too. Good to know from here farting, sometimes loud ones are not uncommon from this website..

Ivy Miao

Yea.. Its normal for babies to fart. I even asked his Doc so many times, why he farts and so smelly. She said babies are fed with onli milk and with small stomach + everyday milk, its hard for em to digest. So, they fart! :tlaugh: But the smell, Ive got no idea. Sometimes bringing son out with the smelly and LOUD fart did feel alittle embarass. :shyxxx: If this could get ride of his stomach wind, well, I rather he fart MORE!! :tlaugh: