Baby refuse formula milk

Hello to all mummies,

my girl is 10.5mths now. currently still breastfeeding her. i decided to let her try formula. She just refuse to drink it and keeps crying. What should i do?
Will she auto stop BF or must i slowly introduce formula to her? or is there anyway i can make her like formula milk? Tried diff kind of formula mamil gold, friso, similac. but she refuse to take any of them. What should i do?
Thanks. :err:

SH74

hi.. i give my boy mixture of both. 'cause i'm worried that he wont wan formula when i wan to stop BF. heard that if BF bbs more than 6 months, it'll b diffi to wean them off.

anyway, do u express? if yes, does ur girl drink fr bottle? mayb can slowly intro. i think aft a while, she'll accept it.

snowbear

i read that you must slowly introduce formula to bb. Start by replacing one feed with formula for a couple of days then slowly two until it's all been replaced by formula. But i read that it is encouraged that the night feed should be the last to go.

hope this helps. :)

Hi mummies, thanks to both for the advice. as my girl is comin 11 mths, she's quite clever already as in she know the taste of formula milk. she cant tell that fm is white so she will just drink but once she tasted it, she will "puuuuuuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" and she will just refuse the milk.
:err: i latch her on since birth till now. for the 1st 6 mths, she is never bottle fed cos she refused the milk bottle. only when she knows how to use the spout then i tried givin her fm. but i guess its too late then.

now when she takes cereal in the morning and tea time, i will add milk powder into the cereal. hope she's takin enough calcium. and 4 solid meal a days is it too much for a 10.5mths baby?

Pink daisy

Same case mine's too, so you have to spoon-fed the fm to her
My bb can drink water & juice from glass and spout as well as straws but when it comes to fm he's zipping his mouth, but when I spoon fed him (and put him on some entertainment :001_302:) only he wants to open his mouth

Hi mummies, thanks to both for the advice. as my girl is comin 11 mths, she's quite clever already as in she know the taste of formula milk. she cant tell that fm is white so she will just drink but once she tasted it, she will "puuuuuuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" and she will just refuse the milk.
:err: i latch her on since birth till now. for the 1st 6 mths, she is never bottle fed cos she refused the milk bottle. only when she knows how to use the spout then i tried givin her fm. but i guess its too late then.

now when she takes cereal in the morning and tea time, i will add milk powder into the cereal. hope she's takin enough calcium. and 4 solid meal a days is it too much for a 10.5mths baby?
Frisocream has already had milk content so no need to put additional milk, but others maybe do. Mine's on 3x meals a day when he's abt your dd age

Last edited:
Thanks all for the reply. bb is starting to drink FM. yay! really happy. finally i can wean her off totally. but weaning off is not easy ya? super swollen n painful breast. haiz. hope it will b over soon.