Baby refuse to eat porridge now .

CynCyn

My 10months old DS just refuse to budge whenever I feed him porridge he'll only take in not up till 5 spoonful and he's mouth close tightly after that .
End up I've gotta throw away wasting the porridge .
I dunno why he just refuse to , last time whenever he sees porridge he eats them up quickly and can't wait for the next spoon . :embarrassed:

LoVeS

why try add sum broccoli into the porridge n try? Mayb new tasting ds will like?

stonston

aapoh, its a signal tt u should start allowing ur gal to eat at the dinner table with the adults...but her food is her own food la...not adult food :)

tt's wot my maid did n my boi's appetite is very huge when he eats with the family....

aapoh

I agree tt kids eating together with family makes them hv huge appetite...

In fact, eating together at the dinning table is my house rules....at the dinning table..my kids wl share with us their day in school, their friends, etc...

My dd has been eating together with us since the day she knows how to sit on the high chair...but she eats her own food......she enjoys it...just tt these two days...she refused to eat her food....

maine78

My 10months old DS just refuse to budge whenever I feed him porridge he'll only take in not up till 5 spoonful and he's mouth close tightly after that .
I dunno why he just refuse to , last time whenever he sees porridge he eats them up quickly and can't wait for the next spoon . :embarrassed:
cyncyn, my ds same situation like yr ds. I feed him porriage for >2mths le but he eat atmost 1-1.5tsp n i can feed him as long as 2hrs. I can understand how u felt as it's v frustrating when ds simply dun wan to open the mouth to eat. Then i realised this problem had to be solve as I find myself always losing patience quickly n find myslf always hitting n scolding my ds after feeding for so long esp when he kept spitting out the porriage.

So 2wks ago, i brought him to see pd n was given a multi-vitamin. I bought si shen powder from yu ren sheng n add to his porriage. I even add abit of marmite in the porriage as the last resort. After fews days of taking the multi-vit n si shen powder n marmite, he can eat 3-4tsp of porriage now n always opening his mouth to eat the porriage. My dh also find his appetite improving. We now both keeping finger-crossed n hope his appetite will continue improve.

Carol

My Ds was once like this too . Eating only half of the amount he used to eat . I tried different ways of cooking and give him a variety of food then I observed his preferences . I heard from my auntie it could be their taste buds changing . Or sick of the food he's eating . So perhaps can try other food ? Usually they prefer sweet food .

Carol

Wad you cook with porridge usually ?

charmaine

cynthia u can introduce noodle, mee tak mak, mee sua, macaroni. not neccessary porridge for every meal.
these are soft when cooked and u just cut into smaller pcs for him to 'swallow'. if he can chew, best

besides giving fish and diff veggies, u can use pork/chicken and pork liver to cook the soup base for ur staple food.

make it colour might be appealing to them as well.

stonston

when intro noodles, pls be careful...alot of noodles use egg as ingredient...
if ur kiddo haven tried egg, best to avoid...

u can try going to organic shops to get rice pasta or rice noodles...
they also have other types of noodles/pasta without eggs, colouring or preservatives....
more suitable for young children :)

maine78

u can try going to organic shops to get rice pasta or rice noodles...
they also have other types of noodles/pasta without eggs, colouring or preservatives....
more suitable for young children :)
stonston, which mth then can start introduce pasta?

stonston

maine, depends on wot type of pasta...rice pasta u can intro anytime once ur bb can take e texture....

for wheat pasta, give after 9mths, in case allergic to wheat :)

maine78

maine, depends on wot type of pasta...rice pasta u can intro anytime once ur bb can take e texture....

for wheat pasta, give after 9mths, in case allergic to wheat :)
oic.. Pasta bought at supermarkets, r those rice pasta? I saw got those extra fine pasta in supermarket but dunno when can let ds try so dint buy.

stonston

look at e ingredients..if it says WHEAT, dun give unless u r sure ur bb is ok with wheat....

usualli those at supermarket r not rice pasta, unless is organic...n e pasta should not have added salt/sugar...

maine78

look at e ingredients..if it says WHEAT, dun give unless u r sure ur bb is ok with wheat....

usualli those at supermarket r not rice pasta, unless is organic...n e pasta should not have added salt/sugar...
oic.. thanks for the info. :tlaugh:

Phoebii Cheng

My Ds was once like this too . Eating only half of the amount he used to eat . I tried different ways of cooking and give him a variety of food then I observed his preferences . I heard from my auntie it could be their taste buds changing . Or sick of the food he's eating . So perhaps can try other food ? Usually they prefer sweet food .
Hi carol,

won't sweet food become a habit then for the child? cos' my son now oso facing the same problem....eat half or less than half of what he used to eat.....tried variety but still eat a little bit......