Baby Sleeping thru the night~

wenz

Can i have a show of hands, at which month your baby starts to sleep thru the nite?
i mean probably from 9am - 6am straight or more then 8hrs sleep...

NursMama

my gal sleeps throughout the night when my maternity leave ends... so she's abt 4mths plus then :Dancing_wub:

joeyz

i hope my girl will sleep thru the nite soon....

my hubby n i looks like zombie every morning....
my boy used to be able to last 5-6 hr occasionally 7 hrs before his next milk feeding, that was when he is ard 3 mths+ and still drinkin ard 150-160ml each feed. NOW, he is drinking 200ml and can only last him 3 hr. Piangz, i've to wake up more time to feed him. Grrrrr.. i increased his milk intake to 250ml but he stopped at 200ml and refused anymore milk. alas~

sufeit0115

You mean 9pm to 6am. Haha.

My boy sleeps from 9pm to 7am from 3.5 mths.
How i wish my boy can sleep thru the night from 3.5 mths old too....now he is around 3 mths old, most of the time he can sleep from 12am to 7am, but he still wakes up occasionally, not because he is hungry, he wakes up want to talk and want us to play with him.

AugBoyz

my monster since 4mths old sleep fm 7.30pm to 7am.
now... its a different story wahahaha~ 9.30pm to 6.15am :S

adelynn

my girl started sleeping from 11PM to 7AM from 6 weeks onwards. initially we would try to wake her for 1 early morning feed but she would refuse to drink and go back to bed.

wenz

How did you all do tat?!!
my baby is turning 8mths soon.. he slps at 9++pm and will wake up once around 3am den slp again and wake up at 6++ am or sometime 7am...

i tried many ways like feeding water, put cereal in his milk for last feed etc but he still wake up for milk... i cannot increase his milk intake cos he will stop at most 180ml.... sometime 150ml only...

i'm full time working with 2 other elder kids to look after... so tired loh!

haiz.... :embarrassed:

jasobias

my baby now 7 months sleeps at 12 plus then get up at 830am.Needs to be fed at 1,3 n 6am...zzzzzzzz..but as long she is not up playing i guess thts not so bad.

annie

wow all sleep through so young! my girl now already 16mths still waking up lo.. she has been sleeping from 9.30pm-5.30am since 5.5mths till now.. recently sometimes she will wake up at 630am or 730am(hubby's alarms goes off) then drink milk n goes back to sleep till about 8 or 9am she will wake up for the day...

meiteoh

Eva started sleeping through since 2 months old - from 8pm all the way till 6am - but I'll wake up and feed her coz she's a small baby and still is.

I never really trained her at all - just train her to sleep on her own but everything else is her. She has always been a sleeper and I'm a firm believer of young babies need food as well as sleep so since she napped a lot during the day, I needed the night feeds to make up for the weight gain.

It was only when she was nearing 6 mths that I cut out one of the night feeds (230am) so her last feeds are 7pm and 1130pm and the next one is at 530-6am and 930am.

sugarcookie

wow all sleep through so young! my girl now already 16mths still waking up .. she has been sleeping from 9.30pm-5.30am since 5.5mths till now.. recently sometimes she will wake up at 630am or 730am(hubby's alarms goes off) then drink milk n goes back to sleep till about 8 or 9am she will wake up for the day...
You are not alone!

My girl is 10mths+ and still wakes up as well. At least yours sleeps through from 9:30pm-5:30am. My baby sleeps around 9pm but would wake up 2-3X a night screaming until I pat her back to sleep.

I dropped milk feeds a few months back but now instead of waking up for milk, she demands that I pat her back to sleep.

Tried ignoring her but she screamed non-stop. Sigh!

cocraze

Sorry to make a slight diversion and ask a separate question. Would you consider your baby to be sleeping through the night if she doesnt cry for milk, but she doesn't REALLY sleep fitfully either?

Im asking cos my 7 week-old girl recently has this habit of not wanting to drink at her ~12mn and ~4am feeds, but she does not appear to be sleeping deeply during this time either.

For e.g. last night, she had full feed at 7pm at my mum's place, cleaned and wiped her at about 9pm, then patted her to sleep after that. Then I waited til about 1230am when she cried and woke up to give her her last feed. She didn't cry for milk until about 6am this morning, but from about 5am onwards, she was already awake. Eyes open looking around, making soft single noises/sounds, but not crying.

Is the 'wake up but don't make noise' part normal? For up to how long? I noticed she has this 'habit' for a few periods during the night. (I don't know exactly how long she is awake for cos she sleeps separately. I only gauge based on what I hear through the baby monitor, during those instances when I happen to be awoken by her. )

wenz

Sorry to make a slight diversion and ask a separate question. Would you consider your baby to be sleeping through the night if she doesnt cry for milk, but she doesn't REALLY sleep fitfully either?

Im asking cos my 7 week-old girl recently has this habit of not wanting to drink at her ~12mn and ~4am feeds, but she does not appear to be sleeping deeply during this time either.

For e.g. last night, she had full feed at 7pm at my mum's place, cleaned and wiped her at about 9pm, then patted her to sleep after that. Then I waited til about 1230am when she cried and woke up to give her her last feed. She didn't cry for milk until about 6am this morning, but from about 5am onwards, she was already awake. Eyes open looking around, making soft single noises/sounds, but not crying.

Is the 'wake up but dont't make noise' part normal? For up to how long? I noticed she has this 'habit' for a few periods during the night. (I dont't know exactly how long she is awake for cos she sleeps separately. I only gauge based on what I hear through the baby monitor, during those instances when I happen to be awoken by her. )
i think its ok... cos when my bb wake up at 6++am he din cry for milk too but playing and making giggle noise in his sarong.... only for playing like 1hr or so den he will cry for milk...

but he wakes up around 3++am to cry loudly for milk but in sleeping mode... as soon as he finish he will fall back alsp straight... sometime i wonder if he is really hungry or jus a habit to wake up and drink milk...

Bluebeari

My gal wakes up at about 5+ am in the morning for her 1st feed of the day. After which, she may either doze off and stay awake. We usually leave her to play on her own in the cot bed and she'll doze off on her own some time later. We'll take turns to take a peep at her to ensure that she's ok. She used to wake up at 6++ or 7++ previously when she was given milk formula as last feed the night before. But since I'd started work, I would her latch on in the morning before I go to work and at night when I return home.

godloved

At 6 weeks, little one has been sleeping through the night. From 11pm-7am, wakes up for a feed and usually will go back to sleep till 10 or so..:) After that is usual day with up to 2 or 3 naps :)

annie

meiteoh u are lucky that eva sleeps so well! my girl dunno takes energizer battery or what.. since newborn she dun nap long.. only 30mins catnaps X 5 times a day! then she started to nap longer (1hr-1.5hrs) when she is 4mths till now still so short.. i heard of ppl's bb napping 2-3hrs or even more at my girl's age but she only take 1-1.5hrs nap.. sometimes only 30mins recently too! and she only nap 1 time a day.. totally dun look sleepy even though she's been awake up 8-9hrs or so! She is robot.. haha. BTW, my girl knows how to go to sleep herself since newborn too but still.. she is waking!:nah:

cocraze i would consider them as sleeping through the night as long as they wake up NOT for milk feed.. my girl has a habit of waking up in the middle or the night and crawl to me and sleep beside me. if im not in the room, she will cry till i go in and lie down beside her and she will fall asleep in my arms or on my chest or watsoever.. she will only ask for milk at 630am wake.

Spiralng

Ehh....my son around 2 weeks will sleep through the night. Eg: last feed at 9pm will sleep until 5am for his next feed.