Baby suddenly not sleeping thru the night

marshmallows

Hi mummies, need some advice. My near 7 months old boy had been able to sleep through the night since 6 weeks old but lately he kept waking up and cry. I checked that his diaper isn't soiled n neither is he perspiring (too hot). I tried offering milk/water but he just took a few sips. He can wake 4-5 times throughout the night and I have to pat him back to sleep.

Thought about the possibility of teething but when his 2 lower teeth emerged during his 5th month, all he did was refuse to drink milk instead of waking up and cry at night. No changes to his daytime routine too. What could it be?

ast0212

Sleep patterns could be changing, usually when baby learns something new it may affect their sleep.

It's normal :)

marshmallows

No wonder. He's been attempting to crawl lately but got very frustrated cos he kept going backwards instead of forward to reach his toys.

Is this waking up at night gonna last for long? Sigh... I got big panda eyes already...

ast0212

No wonder. He's been attempting to crawl lately but got very frustrated cos he kept going backwards instead of forward to reach his toys.

Is this waking up at night gonna last for long? Sigh... I got big panda eyes already...
Hopefully it won't last long. But hard to say because they grow and develop so quickly that they're always changing. A good sleeper one week could be horrible the next. A good eater becomes very fussy the next month and refuses to eat anything! It's all part of their growing up :)

apollo

could be teething. the 5th mth teething didnt affect his routine and slp, doesnt mean this time wont affect. =)

aahdorr

my gal oso start to learn how to crawl forward . but mostly backward it normal hahahaah so cute .. i oso panda eyes because she oso nv sleep thru the night ..