Baby's first overseas trip... Need help and tips

Mummy Geeh

Hi Mummies i am bringing my son overseas and this is the first time he will be getting into the plane. I need help in what or what not to do and bring...

We are taking 3 hour Jetstar flight (jetsaver). Here are my questions for those who have tried flying with them.

1. Is it ok to bring feeding bottles with our own distilled water in it?

2. In our hand carry, can we bring his scooped formula milk in those small plastic containers (not sure what its called ;p)?

3. Can we bring the opened formula milk tin can and put it in our check in baggage? any special packing needed for it?

4. What do we do with our Pram? do i need to put it in the box and check it in? or we can use it until we reach the plane?

5. Any other tips i should know?

your answers will be a big help as i am really novice on this things... Thanks a lot! :Dancing_tongue:

Tamago

Hi Mummy Geeh,

I haven't travelled on Jetstar with my son, the last time I did it was with SQ and Air New Zealand, so hopefully this is still useful to you.

Basically, you should prepare enough milk powder (put in small containers) and water (it's ok to bring on flight) for your baby's consumption during the flight. Tips on countering pressure during take-off and landing is to let your baby drink milk during take-off and landing. Else have the pacifier ready if you use them. Sucking helps your baby to deal with the pressure.

Try to bring unopened milk powder tin for your check-in luggage, cos it may not pass through the immigration for opened tin. Places like Australia and New Zealand that are very strict with food may not allow milk powder, but usually they will "close one eye" for baby. I didn't have any problem bringing milk powder in to Australia and New Zealand.

As for the pram, for SQ, you can use the pram right up to the plane door. While I was in New Zealand, Air New Zealand need us to check-in the pram together with the check-in luggages. So maybe you can check with Jetstar on this. There is no need to prepare a box for check-in thou.

Hope you have a pleasant flight!

THE SAID'S

Hi Mummies i am bringing my son overseas and this is the first time he will be getting into the plane. I need help in what or what not to do and bring...

We are taking 3 hour Jetstar flight (jetsaver). Here are my questions for those who have tried flying with them.

1. Is it ok to bring feeding bottles with our own distilled water in it?

2. In our hand carry, can we bring his scooped formula milk in those small plastic containers (not sure what its called ;p)?

3. Can we bring the opened formula milk tin can and put it in our check in baggage? any special packing needed for it?

4. What do we do with our Pram? do i need to put it in the box and check it in? or we can use it until we reach the plane?

5. Any other tips i should know?

your answers will be a big help as i am really novice on this things... Thanks a lot! :Dancing_tongue:
I guess you are not alone in this matter .. I will be travelling with my 7yr old girl and 18th months boy on SQ flight to visit their dad. I am anxious as this is my boy's maiden journey out on a flight and he is such an active boy. I really dont't know what to expect of him in the cabin later. As he is on total BF, i anticipate that he will be scouring under my blouse to find his little comfort zone when there's a sudden change in altitude etc. My only hope that he will not cry or start crawling under the seat etc. My hubby has advised that we should just buy baby's stuff there .. hence, i will pass the immigration check hassle-free.
I hope you have a wonderful holiday with your litle one!

Mummy Geeh

I guess you are not alone in this matter .. I will be travelling with my 7yr old girl and 18th months boy on SQ flight to visit their dad. I am anxious as this is my boy's maiden journey out on a flight and he is such an active boy. I really dont't know what to expect of him in the cabin later. As he is on total BF, i anticipate that he will be scouring under my blouse to find his little comfort zone when there's a sudden change in altitude etc. My only hope that he will not cry or start crawling under the seat etc. My hubby has advised that we should just buy baby's stuff there .. hence, i will pass the immigration check hassle-free.
I hope you have a wonderful holiday with your litle one!
Hi everyone! this has been quite a while back but just want to share my experience.

Since it was the first time that my baby was flying i was so worried that he would cry the whole time. I was so glad that he slept almost the whole 3 hrs plus flight we took. i just gave him pacifier and fed him milk when he woke up.

I brought the opened milk tin and checked it in and had no problem with the immigration.

We were able to bring the pram upto the plane door and just left it outside for the personnel to bring in the checked in place.

Jetstar provided us a small belt that we have to attach to our seat belt. They got my son's boarding pass and got it back when we returned the belt to the flight attendant.

Thank you all for answering my questions. it has been very helpful :)