Baby's preference

summerp

Recently, baby don't want his daddy to carry him to sleep, will cry non-stop(makes his daddy v sad). He will stop crying immediately after i carry him. My baby is only 3 mths plus, can recognise people and choose who to carry him....

Anyone has the same experience?

lekdao

Recently, baby dont't want his daddy to carry him to sleep, will cry non-stop(makes his daddy very sad). He will stop crying immediately after i carry him. My baby is only 3 mths plus, can recognise people and choose who to carry him....

i think they recognise the smell, put on ur t-shirt when daddy carrys.
if not it could be the baby dun feel comfortable daddy carry.
Babies are very sensitive.

adelynn

Recently, baby dont't want his daddy to carry him to sleep, will cry non-stop(makes his daddy very sad). He will stop crying immediately after i carry him. My baby is only 3 mths plus, can recognise people and choose who to carry him....

My girl is also like this. In the day she is okay with my hubby but once comes late afternoon/evening she wants nobody but me.

There was once i went for facial (around 2 hours) and she was crying all the time. My mum had to take the nursing shawl and put it over my hubby shoulder to 'fake' me but it only pacified her for awhile. she cried till she was tired and fell asleep by the time i came home.

I try to get my hubby to participate more in her daily activities (i'm on ML now whole day with her whilst he's working and only evenings are with her) and tend to leave her with daddy when he's home and would not take over until hubby really tried and can't pacify her (we don't believe in letting her cry herself hoarse). She has begun to be better with him now, and doesn't mind spending play time in the evening with him alone.

elaineyeo

Hi summerp, these few days my boy also like tat when he wanna sleep he wan me to carry him sleep. Juz away to go downstair to buy things he din saw me cry till badly and non stop... Sigh.... Dun know how when im back to work... :eek:

summerp

Similarly i am taking care of baby whole day and his daddy only sees him in the evening..

I will get my hubby to wear/ put my t-shirt ard him when carry baby. Heart pain to see him cry until like that..

By the way, my baby usually cry around 10.30 - 11pm time, really don't why.. And thats the time i pump milk, so daddy had to carry him...

summerp

Hi summerp, these few days my boy also like that when he wanna sleep he want me to carry him sleep. just away to go downstair to buy things he did not saw me cry till badly and non stop... Sigh.... dont know how when im back to work... :eek:
Ya, see him cry i very heart pain....

Who is taking care of your boy when u r going back to work? I just quit my job to stay at home to take care of my boy.

kenxf_03

For my DS, he will prefer me to pat him to slp and nobody else Cos I;m his main caregiver all the time, even at nite. Ds only likes to play with Daddy, whenever, he wanna play, he will prefer his Daddy.

At night, when its his slping time, Daddy cant be there cos he wont slp but kp smiling at Daddy and wanna PLAY!! So, whenever, i tuck DS to slp, Hb cant be ard in the room unless DS is aslp.

MIL tried to pat him to slp at nite b4, but he will kp on crying non-stop and DS will only stop when he saw me cos he nd to hold my hand to slp and sing him lullaby..

kenxf_03

Who is taking care of your boy when you r going back to work? I just quit my job to stay at home to take care of my boy.

Hihi,

me too! Quited my job last Sept and be a SAHM! Cos DS cant slp well at nites and often woke up in the middle of the nite, if not, will only slp at ard 1 or 2 am eversince I started working.. The next day, really cant concentrate on working. So i quit my job in the end..

elaineyeo

Who is taking care of your boy when you r going back to work? I just quit my job to stay at home to take care of my boy.
Oh my mum taking care for me lor... i also wish to quit my job to take care of my boy. Dun knw he will use to it when im not around anot... Cos he everytime wanna sleep wan me to pat him sleep le other than that playing he is ok with anyone, dun knw how when im back to work.. Haizzz!

Last edited:

kenxf_03

Oh my mum taking care for me ... i also wish to quit my job to take care of my boy. dont knw he will use to it when im not around anot... Cos he everytime wanna sleep want me to pat him sleep other than that playing he is ok with anyone, dont knw how when im back to work.. Haizzz!
For my case, DS seems to be more fussy and picky when I started working. Tends to slp very late at nite or will wake up very often during nites, hence, mixing up his daily slping routine..

Maybe u can observe his behaviour after u start working. if ur financial allows, then u can consider to be a SAHM??

elaineyeo

For my case, dear son seems to be more fussy and picky when I started working. Tends to sleep very late at nite or will wake up very often during nites, hence, mixing up his daily sleeping routine..

Maybe you can observe his behaviour after you start working. if your financial allows, then you can consider to be a stay at home mum??
Hi kenxf thanks, i will try to observe his behaviour when im back to work, if still really cant then i might consider to stop working for the time being...

BbpHir3

my issue is not lyk yours though..
M just dun lyk my MIL.. he would fuss everytime she carry him/ bath him or do ANYTHING TO him.. playing WITH him is ok, as long as there's other people around..

he would fuss and cry EVERYTIME MIL touches him.. but M's ok with everyone else..
my mum even commented to me saying that "MIL's body got thorns, that's y M dun lyk her" lol!! my mum nv once saw how M fusses with MIL.. she never even think M will fuss!! zzzzzz

Ting

i think its normal.
prob let your son get used to your hubby..
bbphir3 dearie, pin also like tt when she was young.
she is ok with almost everyone except my aunt!
my aunt super dote her deee but the moment she SEE her only (from a distance summore) she cry like very ke lians alr..
really cry til very jialat... but now ok liaos. :D

BbpHir3

lol!! at least i think it's a good thing that M dun lyk my MIL.. cuz i can be very sure she will CONFIRM be the one messy up M's routine if she ever touch him!! hahahahahahaha!!!