Baby's Weight at 25weeks?

Basha

Juz went for a check-up yesterday (25weeks 3days) & was told by gynae that my baby is now abt 1Kg whereby he should hv been only abt 700grams or so at dis stage...!! I ate as per norm(nvr hv dat tinking of eating for TWO)..Gynae told me to cut dwn on my food intake & dun drink MILK!! I din even drink MILK...Gynae said dat my baby is big...i wanna go for natural birth & not Caeseran...any mummies can share their baby's weight at my stage of pregnancy?

my baby boy was 1kg when i went for checkup at 26 weeks...
gynae said he was considered M-L size ...nothing much to worry about, but to avoid cakes and durians

i did have cake and durian puff despite her advice....but not overeating...ice cream and yogurt too!

now at 35 weeks, he is about 2.4 kg...she said its considered M size...NOT the L size range...

so i guess its up to the baby ....

are you on the "smaller" side...maybe the doc is concerned with bb size in comparsion to your body size?

cos even before preg. i was on the bigger side...not obese lah...but plump?

Basha

my baby boy was 1kg when i went for checkup at 26 weeks...
gynae said he was considered M-L size ...nothing much to worry about, but to avoid cakes and durians

i did have cake and durian puff despite her advice....but not overeating...ice cream and yogurt too!

now at 35 weeks, he is about 2.4 kg...she said its considered M size...NOT the L size range...

so i guess its up to the baby ....

are you on the "smaller" side...maybe the doc is concerned with bb size in comparsion to your body size?

cos even before preg. i was on the bigger side...not obese lah...but plump?
Yeap I'm on the moderate size...hehe...so called slim before preggie (was abt 50KG before preggie but now oreadi gained abt 7.8KG since day 1 datz wat my gynae claimed):tlaugh:

Me too i nvr overeat i eat all food in moderations...

Yuki Miaka

my bb is 1.2 kg reaching 28th week, my gynae also said it's normal... still ok. In my whole pregnancy until now.. i only gain 1.7kg so i think all the weight go to baby...

Basha

My bb was 700+g when i was in my 25th week. Gynae mentioned tat it's normal... =)
Yeah datz wat my gynae claimed that a baby at this stage should be abt 700+grams...BTW, how much weight have u gained?

I find it strange coz many ppl say that i look small for 6mths+ preggie but was told by gynae that my baby is abt a kilo & for me myslf hv gained 7.8KG since Day1.....

Jannah

My baby girl was about 680 grams at 24 weeks 4 days which according to my gynae is smaller than average, but he assured me it's nothing to worry about as I'm also on the petite side. At that point I had gained 5.3 kg since pre-pregnancy, so I don't know where the rest of that weight went.:tlaugh:But now that we're in the 3rd trimester my baby seems to playing catch-up; my belly is expanding at a super-fast rate all of a sudden!

Last edited:

a.lin

I went for my monthly checkup last weekend and my baby weight abt 808grams at 25 weeks. My gynae say its normal.
I think i put on quite alot of weight.. I don't know whats my pre-pregnancy weight, I check with the nurse and their record show I was 53kg when I was 3mths pregnant. Now 25.5 weeks pregnant I'm 60kg already. Kind of worried I put on too much weight and will have difficulty to go back to my pre pregnancy size.

ger-mummy

my bb wt 583g at 24th week.... 1050g at 28th week.... & 1420g at 31st week... Dun eat too much rice eat more fish & veggies, this is wat my gynae told me

CarolOng

Yeah datz wat my gynae claimed that a baby at this stage should be abt 700+grams...BTW, how much weight have u gained?

I find it strange coz many ppl say that i look small for 6mths+ preggie but was told by gynae that my baby is abt a kilo & for me myslf hv gained 7.8KG since Day1.....
I've gained alot... 10kg altogether... & i'm oni in my 27th week. :embarrassed: mummy is fat but bb is normal... gynae says too much water in the water bag due to too much sweet stuff. jus diagnose with gest. diabetics. BUT i never eat alot of sweet stuff or carbo!!!! nvm, jus venting out my frustration...

akachan09

HI!

My baby weighs 773grams at 25 weeks plus. Gynae never say anything abt his weight but I was thinking a bit small at this stage. Just hope that he can increase more in my next visit. For me, I only gained 9kg since pregnancy.

M&M

my bb was estimated to be of 700grams when i'm in my 24th weeks of pregnancy(which is normal according to gynae). n my weight gain was 8kgs. if any mommy r drinking formula milk powder, milk, milo or coke(soft drinks)... maybe u would like to cut down on the consumption as they r pretty fattening. i've gained a lot of weight from drinking formula milk powder and milo. hehehe. :p

Yuki Miaka

just went check up yesterday in my 31-32weeks, doc said baby weight is 1.6kg, everything normal.

I got measure the overall weight gain in me.. last month, overall weight gain from week 5 to week 28 i gain about 1.7 kg including bb's weight ( 1.2kg).
Now bb is 1.6kg and my weight drop from 1.7kg to 1.4kg.
I am not sure anyone experience this? the doctor didnt mention abt the weight loss... he just said everything is normal... so far almost 32 weeks liao, my overall weight gain not even reach 2kg. :S till now. hubby keep on saying i dun look like i am delievering in one months plus time... and he keep on pointing other pregnant woman's stomach and then point mine.. with a question mark face when we go shopping...lol

wenz

Hi i went for 24th Weeks checkup last sat.. baby was weighing at 707g... normal size... but i exceeded the normal 2kg per month weight by 1kg.. i should be weighing at 51kg @ 24weeks but was 52.9kg now....

gummybear

Hi, i just went 24th week check-up this afternoon. My baby boy weighs 720g. Dr said bby's weight is average & normal now. But i have put on a total of 12kg since i pregnant!! Just cant imagine my weight by the time i deliver....

Jodav

I am now in week 31+.
BB Weight is 1.9KG.
Head Dia is 7.8cm.
I put on 9.3KG since DAY 1.
Currently at 61.7KG.

just went for a check-up yesterday (25weeks 3days) & was told by gynae that my baby is now about 1Kg whereby he should have been only about 700grams or so at this stage...!! I ate as per norm(never have dat thinking of eating for TWO)..Gynae told me to cut dwn on my food intake & dont drink MILK!! I did not even drink MILK...Gynae said dat my baby is big...i wanna go for natural birth & not Caeseran...any mummies can share their baby's weight at my stage of pregnancy?
Hi Sweetie, I too went for my 26 wk check up and my girl was ard 980gm. My gynae say it's the average size (M). Guess u need not worry too much.

esthergal

Hi, i just went 24th week check-up this afternoon. My baby boy weighs 720g. Dr said bby's weight is average & normal now. But i have put on a total of 12kg since i pregnant!! Just cant imagine my weight by the time i deliver....
My baby boy's weight at 24th week is almost the same as yours! 730g! Doctor also said it's average & normal :tlaugh: