Babysitter for children with special needs.

Nur Syafiqah

Dear parents,
I have an almost 6 yr experience in the early intervention sector and would like to branch out into babysitting children with special needs for a few hours. I could commit to atleast 4 hours per child. My rates would be $30-$40/hr.. I would prefer to be in the east area. I would come over to your house. I could intervene your child and if your child is attending eipic I could work together with them. Do contact me nursyafiqah@gmail.com if you're interested. I believe that each one of the parents do need a break. And I am willing to help you out.

Thank you!

Warm Regards,
Nur Syafiqah

gwendolyn2601

Hello parents,

My name is Gwen. I used to assist in Occupational Therapy sessions for special needs children.

I am an advocate for physical-based activities as it:
⁃ improves one’s concentration and memory
⁃ improves one’s health and well-being
⁃ provides greater confidence
⁃ improves one’s gross (e.g. throwing ball, cycling) and fine motor skills (e.g. tying shoe lace, opening bottle can, buttoning shirt)

Each session is a flat rate of $35/hr.

Duration (once/ twice weekly and 1hr/ 1.5hrs per session) and content of sessions are customised accordingly, depending on your goal:
⁃ Functional life skills activity (e.g. crossing road, counting money and buying things, folding clothes)
⁃ Indoor fun activity (e.g. games, play dough, mini obstacles at home)
⁃ Pre-writing/ education (eg primary school math/science/chinese)

I always believe a child is able to better focus/ regulate with sufficient physical activities. Same goes for Adult.

PM or email me at gwendolyn2601@gmail.com for discussion and i can provide more information (eg past experiences and future plans). Let’s work together and help your child achieve greater heights!

*Disclaimer: I do not provide initial assessment/ evaluation, physical activities might cause little abrasion (which can help a child to grow stronger) :)

The key component to achieving various goals is keeping the sessions and activities fun and “child-directed” if possible. This means I allow the child to pick what we do but I manipulate it into being therapeutic and to work on the goals I have set for the child. This way, it is always motivating, and the child does not realise that they are doing “work.” When working at home, I encourage you to be playful and imaginative with the activities, this will yield the best results.