Bad confinement lady experience

mei.ling

Now that I have the time to go around the threads I want to warn everyone against this aunty. Aunty 阿珍.

1) She leaves the pork meat in the fridge for over 4 days! Is it normal?? My family only defrost meat we know we'd use the next day

2) Super skimpy with ingredients. Not like she's paying for the groceries. My breakfast consisted a bowl of noodles and few thin slices of pork meat. Worse than packing food from outside!

3) No initiative, everyday ask me what i want to eat when I am not very familiar with confinement food.

4) I didnt like her cooking so I ate very little, i tried to put up with it because i thought CL main responsibility is to take care of my baby, i thought as long as my baby is well taken care of then i can still ask my maid to cook for me but noooooo, my baby is a bit yellow that's why she fed my baby red dates tea!!! And my maid has to prepare herbal bath for me because it's heavy my maid is younger than her so "the maid should do it"

5) When I was drinking milo, she walked past and said "i heard people say drink milo will cause milk supply to stop, but im not talking about you"

6) Gossip with my maid tried to make her go against us.

She really caused so much stress for me, i had to install CCTV to watch her with my baby. She's always nasty in front of me and nice when my husband is around. She raise her voice at me but never at my husband.
I only put up with her for 7 days before my husband told her to leave. I put up with her for 7 days only because we couldn't find a proper replacement.

Last edited:

mei.ling

My friend recommended me Aunty Windy. She's a lifesaver.

She's the most amazing nanny I have ever seen or heard of.

1) Cooking
Her cooking is absolutely the best! Everyday different dishes, different soups. From morning until night, I was never hungry. Sometimes my mother in law drop by just to taste her cooking. Even invited her friends over to eat. She didn't charge us for all this extra cooking because we had a maid who helped her with food preparation and cleaning. We still felt bad, because we know agency do charge for extra cooking. Extra work means extra fee, that's reasonable to us. So we gave her a big red packet when she left us.

2) Baby
She never for once complain or anything, my baby cries all the time, it stressed me out so much. But she never once sighed or anything. Even at night she would get up instantly and soothe the baby. I had CCTV installed. She never left my baby unattended. If she needs to go out for groceries or to the toilet or cook, she would hand the baby to me or my husband. She also gave me a lot of advice, taught me, my husband and my maid how to take care of the baby.

3) Attitude
She never show black face, always smiling and not the traditional type aunty. Like the naggy and must follow my way type of aunty. Whatever she do, she will ask if it's okay with me first. Very easy going person, never gossip with my maid also.

4) Experience
She has 30 years of experience. and she's only 51 y/o.

Before she left she explained and showed me, my husband and my maid everything again just to make sure we will be ok after she left. She made my life so much easier, she's such a positive person, never for once say negative things, always positive no matter what. Once I broke down and cried in toilet because I dislike how I look like now. She comforted me like my own mum.

I wanted to extend her but too bad she already took up another job, also in Singapore. I heard she's booked to Australia next year for 2 months, not sure which month. Anyone interested can contact her directly. Quote my name Mei Ling say it's my friend. I really wish her all the best. +60165112218

Last edited:

mei.ling

I also want to add, i caught 阿珍 aunty sleep with my baby in the same bed! When we told her on the first day, baby must not sleep with adults in the same bed, because we dont want accidents to happen. She never listened!

I always pump enough milk in the fridge, and told her at least twice a day, only feed the baby my breastmilk, if not enough only use formula. Still she formula whenever im not looking. My next aunty, aunty windy found a few baby bottles with my breastmilk leftover hidden behind the bed.

it's crazy how unethical some people can be.

mei.ling

Oh dear, thats really scary! How did you come across the bad confinement lady?!
It was recommended to me. I’ve seen worse stories on newspaper, like dropping the baby while walking downstairs and baby ended up hospitalised. o_Oo_O I don’t know how I would’ve reacted. Lucky my baby is safe and sound.

SBD

Hire Confinement Nanny - LOO SAI MOI a.k.a. 梅姐 at you and your babies' own risks!

To all parents out there and especially new parents, if you are reading this post, you are probably searching for a confinement nanny. I'm going to walk you through my 2 weeks of hell with her and hope that it will help you make the right decision before hiring.

1) Extremely poor hygiene standards
a) Kitchen, cutlery and utensils are always oily after washing

- I ended up having to clean the kitchen, wash the all the cutlery and utensils twice everyday. Note: Even if you are don't have OCD, you probably won't be able to take it unless you enjoy holding oily spoons and eating from plates with grease left overnight. In addition, be prepared to enjoy grease stained cabinet, refrigerator handles and of course all the bottles of your condiments etc. On certain occasions, you may also find bits of raw meat or fish on the handles.

b) Soaking babies clothes with poo with other baby's laundry
- Common sense will tell you that you need to wash the poo away before soaking with the rest. Imagine all the rest of the laundry smelling like poo after drying. In addition, if your water bills are too low currently, she is definitely capable of setting a new record for your household.

2) Using ingredients which are not 100% thawed to prepare meals
- I've highlighted this more than once and she replied by saying it's normal. If you are fine with wasting your efforts to buy the freshest ingredients from the wet market and let her serve you guys shit food or partially cooked food, please engage her services asap.

3) Handling babies without washing her hands after touching raw food
- I've caught her doing this thrice and gave her a stern warning. On the third occasion, she simply rinsed her hand with water and walked away. If you are thinking of boosting your child's immunity, imagine the type of bacteria your child will be exposed to for the next one month or so.

4) Liquid cleanser and other expendable items for your babies
- She basically use as though they are free (Technically, yes). To give you some context, 4 bottles of Pigeon Liquid Cleanser (700ml) depleted within 2 weeks. If you are feeling rich, by all means. Just make sure that you have enough space at home to stock up. By using more cleanser, more effort is needed to make sure that the milk bottles are cleaned properly and with her hygiene standards, I highly doubt so. Thankfully, this cleanser contains 100% food grade ingredients. This also brings you back to Point 1b, more cleanser used means more water is needed to wash. Once again, record breaking water bills.

5) Enjoys preparing milk in the nanny's room with my babies
- For convenience sake, she typically likes to have a tin of milk powder and a 3L flask of warm water in the room. I'm totally fine with that so long as it is easier for her while taking care of the babies but when I start to see ants in the room due to milk powder all over the floor, it is not cool anymore.

6) Insensitive to noise
- Refuse to close room doors and the lids of diaper trash bin gently throughout the day despite multiple reminders. Till date, I'm not too sure why she does that. Perhaps it's to train my child to sleep in an environment where there are sudden loud noises. One of her classic response to me on this matter was: "If you were to bring your babies out, can you tell the whole world to shut up? Babies must learn to live with noise."

7) Bottle feeding

- Every individual has got their own unique style and way of feeding the babies. However, for newborns, it is very important to hold them at the right angle during feeds so that they do not end up choking on milk. There were multiple instances when I saw her putting my babies almost lying flat while feeding and her eyes were closed.

8) Lunch ala carte requests
-
As her employer, I believe I'm responsible enough to buy her lunch everyday throughout her stay with my family. I will usually ask if she has any cravings otherwise I will just get her whatever I'm buying for myself. Subsequently, she started to get more demanding and started to request for additional ingredients along with the rice or noodles I'm getting. Honestly, I don't have any issues buying her extra food but with her F grade performance, I seriously don't think she deserves to be treated so well.

Finally, after two solid weeks, I decided to take the leap of faith and asked her to leave with immediate effect. She requested for me to pay her another week's salary as a form of compensation for early terminating her services otherwise she can report this matter to MOM. I've checked and there are no such regulations under MOM's law. Nonetheless, I've paid her the full sum in order for her to shut up and get out of my house in the shortest possible time.

As a new parent, this confinement journey is definitely not a pleasant one and I hope that the same fate do not fall upon you and your family. Your hard earned money can be better spent elsewhere.

catherine56

Such scary confinement nannies are getting more and more. I also saw some terrible news on the mummynanny complaint radar as well.

Maybe you should submit your story there so more people can see it.

Newm0m88

Hire Confinement Nanny - LOO SAI MOI a.k.a. 梅姐 at you and your babies' own risks!

To all parents out there and especially new parents, if you are reading this post, you are probably searching for a confinement nanny. I'm going to walk you through my 2 weeks of hell with her and hope that it will help you make the right decision before hiring.

1) Extremely poor hygiene standards
a) Kitchen, cutlery and utensils are always oily after washing

- I ended up having to clean the kitchen, wash the all the cutlery and utensils twice everyday. Note: Even if you are don't have OCD, you probably won't be able to take it unless you enjoy holding oily spoons and eating from plates with grease left overnight. In addition, be prepared to enjoy grease stained cabinet, refrigerator handles and of course all the bottles of your condiments etc. On certain occasions, you may also find bits of raw meat or fish on the handles.

b) Soaking babies clothes with poo with other baby's laundry
- Common sense will tell you that you need to wash the poo away before soaking with the rest. Imagine all the rest of the laundry smelling like poo after drying. In addition, if your water bills are too low currently, she is definitely capable of setting a new record for your household.

2) Using ingredients which are not 100% thawed to prepare meals
- I've highlighted this more than once and she replied by saying it's normal. If you are fine with wasting your efforts to buy the freshest ingredients from the wet market and let her serve you guys shit food or partially cooked food, please engage her services asap.

3) Handling babies without washing her hands after touching raw food
- I've caught her doing this thrice and gave her a stern warning. On the third occasion, she simply rinsed her hand with water and walked away. If you are thinking of boosting your child's immunity, imagine the type of bacteria your child will be exposed to for the next one month or so.

4) Liquid cleanser and other expendable items for your babies
- She basically use as though they are free (Technically, yes). To give you some context, 4 bottles of Pigeon Liquid Cleanser (700ml) depleted within 2 weeks. If you are feeling rich, by all means. Just make sure that you have enough space at home to stock up. By using more cleanser, more effort is needed to make sure that the milk bottles are cleaned properly and with her hygiene standards, I highly doubt so. Thankfully, this cleanser contains 100% food grade ingredients. This also brings you back to Point 1b, more cleanser used means more water is needed to wash. Once again, record breaking water bills.

5) Enjoys preparing milk in the nanny's room with my babies
- For convenience sake, she typically likes to have a tin of milk powder and a 3L flask of warm water in the room. I'm totally fine with that so long as it is easier for her while taking care of the babies but when I start to see ants in the room due to milk powder all over the floor, it is not cool anymore.

6) Insensitive to noise
- Refuse to close room doors and the lids of diaper trash bin gently throughout the day despite multiple reminders. Till date, I'm not too sure why she does that. Perhaps it's to train my child to sleep in an environment where there are sudden loud noises. One of her classic response to me on this matter was: "If you were to bring your babies out, can you tell the whole world to shut up? Babies must learn to live with noise."

7) Bottle feeding

- Every individual has got their own unique style and way of feeding the babies. However, for newborns, it is very important to hold them at the right angle during feeds so that they do not end up choking on milk. There were multiple instances when I saw her putting my babies almost lying flat while feeding and her eyes were closed.

8) Lunch ala carte requests
-
As her employer, I believe I'm responsible enough to buy her lunch everyday throughout her stay with my family. I will usually ask if she has any cravings otherwise I will just get her whatever I'm buying for myself. Subsequently, she started to get more demanding and started to request for additional ingredients along with the rice or noodles I'm getting. Honestly, I don't have any issues buying her extra food but with her F grade performance, I seriously don't think she deserves to be treated so well.

Finally, after two solid weeks, I decided to take the leap of faith and asked her to leave with immediate effect. She requested for me to pay her another week's salary as a form of compensation for early terminating her services otherwise she can report this matter to MOM. I've checked and there are no such regulations under MOM's law. Nonetheless, I've paid her the full sum in order for her to shut up and get out of my house in the shortest possible time.

As a new parent, this confinement journey is definitely not a pleasant one and I hope that the same fate do not fall upon you and your family. Your hard earned money can be better spent elsewhere.
Hello SBD!

would you be able to provide the contact number of this 梅姐 for verification? I got this recommendation of nanny also name “梅姐” so hoping to verify if it’s the same lady. I’m super cautious now after reading all the threads here!

Thank you in advance!