Bad Constipation

lonerjas

more fruits and water will do the work i guess.. as for FM don make too thick as i know some brands r pretty heaty ( S26 )

Make sure they poo at least once a day, make it habitso once body used to it they will auto wanna poo around the same timing daily..

I tell my DS 4yrs old to drink alot water if i see him 2 days no poo i will not allow him to sleep till the poos that day. So now he faithfully drinks alot water and usually morning he will poo.. Of cos he cleans up himself now.. Old enough to do so..

pearly

Constipation is often caused by the inability to digest food properly. Some people just do not produce enough digestive enzymes. As such, supplementing a good digestive enzyme before food will help a great deal with gastro issues such as constipation, bloating, diarrhea etc. In addition, taking a good probiotic will help clear up any build up of bad bacteria. Get these from health food stores such as GNC, or some pharmacies. Avoid yakult, vitagen and store-bought yogurt as they are highly processed and sweetened, and may not have as much of the good bacteria by the time they reach you.

My girls used to have this problem and would not go for as long as a week. I had to perform enemas for them often just to clear out the gunk.

Avoid plant-based enzymes if your child is sensitive to either pineapple or papaya. Also get a milk-free probiotic if he is sensitive to milk. Always read the ingredients first.