Bad Cough - HELP!

dodos

What do you do when you had a bad cough? What did the dr gave you? How can i make myself feel better. Im so worried about the baby.

For me, i went to see the doctor... He gave me some medicine for my phlegm and coughing mixture.. I was much better after that. Quick go see the doctor..

Tracy.tan

What do you do when you had a bad cough? What did the dr gave you? How can i make myself feel better. Im so worried about the baby.
Hihi

Do you want to try the African Seacoconut cough mixtures, you can buy it at supermarkets, whatson, Seven Eleven or pharmacies.

I was coughing real bad about two months ago, seen western and chinese doctors but the cough did not really go away and after some weeks the cough came back and this time I tried the seacoconut, within 2 days I was well again.

Hope it helps and do take care!
Trace

CanCanMum

1st things 1st = SEE THE DOC!!

Dun attempt to buy any over the counter cough syrup yrself...coz cough syrup has 2 types:
1) Suppress yr cough
2) Cough more to let out phelgm

We cannot be sure which category our bb falls into, coz if given wrongly will make things worse.

As for which syrup the doc prescribed i dink the name ranges??...My doc always give this syrup brown in colour called "Ben CD"...Usually should subside within 1 week, not to worry.

Ya, just to share w u my exp last time... if cough is really bad yr bb will cough out milk together with phelgm....once my boy had so bad uncontrollable cough after feeding tat he coughed out the whole bottle of milk feed....my whole living room floor was milk....:embarrassed:

CanCanMum

OOhhh so sorry....i tot u were asking abt yr bb.....sorry sorry....

ermmm...drink more water....

when uncontrollable cough begins, take some peppermint sweets to ease the urge to cough....makes yr throat cooler.

CanCanMum

Sorry dodos...ignore my earlier thread.

So how many weeks r u expecting now?

I had very very bad cough also, in my pregnancy 2 times. One in 5month and ano in 8months....i am not sure why also....cough like so bad until wanna throw up tat kind.

My Doc gave me cough syrup, oso called "Ben CD", same as the kids one. But took me so long to recover. Coughed for 2weeks i dink.

I bring peppermint sweets with me "VIcks, Fishermans Friend" and pop them everytime those uncontrollable coughs started...very bad. Think we canx do anything other than take medicine and wait for it to subside. He gave me those antibotic for the throat too, but i din take any coz scared its bad for the fetus, so took me very long to recover.

Other than that i din take anything else....even "Pi Pa Gao"....coz heard tat preg canx take.

dodos

Im at 19wks. This is my 4th pregnancy but still didn't feel the baby kick yet.

Have been coughing so badly. Throat also pain. The dr also gave me antibiotic but scare to take ley. No baby baby movement is what im afraid off. Heard so many scary stories.......

CanCanMum

19 weeks is coming to 4.5months rite??

are u expecting a bb girl? Maybe girls are not so active?

whens yr next antenatal checkup?

dodos

19 weeks is coming to 4.5months rite??

are u expecting a bb girl? Maybe girls are not so active?

whens yr next antenatal checkup?
Yes it's a girl. Next appt got to wait till 4 Dec.
Hmm.....is it true girl not so active? Or maybe not strong?

CanCanMum

maybe coz heard from friends....i felt my boy's 1st kicks around the same time as yours....and since then neb stop kicking....v v active.

i suggest, tat if u r worried, perhaps u could book an appt to chk and see how bb is doing.