Bad Cough, Sore thoat and flu

wenz

May i know any mummy fall sick during pregancy? I'm having bad cough, flu and sore thoat... Do you all usually go normal GP for medication or to your gynae?

Pls advice.. thanks!!

1568mummy

If my next appointment with my gynae is in a few days time, then I will wait till I see him/her.
But if the next appointment with my gynae is still a long way... then I'll just go to the GP, but must REMIND GP that YOU ARE PREGNANT! Especially if your tummy isn't showing yet, or even if its damn obvious already, I would still say, "Errrr.... I'm pregnant, is this medicine ok for my baby...." no harm double confirming....

LoVeS

I go to my gynae coz i alrdy sign up package wif him so all meds n even consultations r included~

yellowpudding

before signing package - i will just go to my usual GP, but like what other mommies said - please let your GP knows that you are pregnant!

after signing package - I will just go to my gynae

:)

apollo

there's a few times I was seriously down with cough, flu and bad sore throat.. but i didnt go bk to my gynae.. just went to see my family doc.. but must keep remind the doc that u're pregnant then they'll precribse u those medi which are safe for pregnancy.. quick go see ur family doc or gynae b4 ur condition worsen, cos once it worsen, u might nd strongly medi which is not good for ur baby =)

tinklish

Im starting to feel like as thou im going to fall ill liao..sian..the feeling is like you going to have a fever? Head starts to feel heavy, throat feels weird, etc.. sigh :(

apollo

Im starting to feel like as thou im going to fall ill liao..sian..the feeling is like you going to have a fever? Head starts to feel heavy, throat feels weird, etc.. sigh :(
if u think u're having fever, take ur temperature and if really got fever, pls do not hesitate to visit a doc (be it GP or gynae) cos fever during pregnancy cannot play play must faster get treated... =)

wenz

Dear All,

Thanks for the advice, i went to a normal GP this afternoon... was given flu tablets, antibotics and cough syrups... doc say these med are safe for baby... so i think should be ok ba....

anyway thanks for your reply...

1568mummy

Dear All,

Thanks for the advice, i went to a normal GP this afternoon... was given flu tablets, antibotics and cough syrups... doc say these med are safe for baby... so i think should be ok ba....

anyway thanks for your reply...
Good! Get Well Soon Mommy!!!:tlaugh:

tinklish

if u think u're having fever, take ur temperature and if really got fever, pls do not hesitate to visit a doc (be it GP or gynae) cos fever during pregnancy cannot play play must faster get treated... =)
noted mummy! :)

why fever cannot play? affect the baby as well..?

apollo

noted mummy! :)

why fever cannot play? affect the baby as well..?
more or less ba.. got got once i fever but i dunno leh.. i went to GP cos i cough & sore throat den take temperature doc say i fever 37.6.. but i tot was ok cos only slightly higher but that doc say pregnant if abit fever must faster take medi & even say if fever no drop the next day must go bk see... & whenever my mum touch my hand feel hot will faster ask me go take temperature n if slight fever only she will force me take panadol.. so i suppose fever cannot drag.. =)

shiseru

It happened last week when one of my colleague's kids were affected by H1N1. I called my gynae at KK and asked if i need to be quarantined as well even though i did not have close contact with her and she was not showing symptoms but we were in the same office. KKH's advise was if distance is more than 3meters, then it should be safe. I was told to monitor myself, and if show any flu symptoms (even with no fever but has cough and soar throat) best to go to KKH or TTS.

Our immune system is compromise during pregnancy so more susceptible to infections, such as coughs, colds and flu.

Take care mummies, especially at this point of time the rate of H1N1 spreading in Singapore.

summerp

It happened last week when one of my colleague's kids were affected by H1N1. I called my gynae at KK and asked if i need to be quarantined as well even though i did not have close contact with her and she was not showing symptoms but we were in the same office. Kandang Kerbau Hospital's advise was if distance is more than 3meters, then it should be safe. I was told to monitor myself, and if show any flu symptoms (even with no fever but has cough and soar throat) best to go to Kandang Kerbau Hospital or TTS.

Our immune system is compromise during pregnancy so more susceptible to infections, such as coughs, colds and flu.

Take care mummies, especially at this point of time the rate of H1N1 spreading in Singapore.
Yes, esp at this rate of spreading... it is so crowded taking public transport daily... never know who is infected...

i am trying to get the mask, but out of stock..