bad flu during pregnancy

peacefulgal

thanks for the replies. actually my gynae mentioned that if i have any flu-symptoms, i were to go to KK straight away. that's why i was in a dilemma. I scared that if i do not have h1n1, i might contract it by accident by the sick women at KKH. isn't this more Unlucky?

in the end, i just went to the GP downstairs (my usual GP) and straight away i ask for antibiotics due to the history of my stubborn sore throat. But she did mention that if there's a fever, i have to go KKH directly. :(

had been taking my temperature often to make sure no fever appears.

hope everyone is well! and also, she mention that we have to rest more!

peacefulgal

for the cough. He didn't seem to feel I may have H1N1 symptoms, seemingly cos of the absence of high fever. (funnily, I registered a low-grade fever temp of 37.5 deg C at the clinic using the ear thermometer, but was always below 36.5 deg C when I measured myself at home regularly using my own ODT under my tongue)
i think ear thermometers usually gives a slightly higher reading than other thermometers. those traditional thermometers under tongue should be better.

summerp

Thanks for sharing cocraze. Been drinking lots of water too!

I just went to see the GP, he says mine is normal flu and give me 1 day mc to rest...

I have an appointment for routine check up with my gynae this evening, so will bring all the medications along for him to take a look..

annaboros

Thanks for sharing cocraze. Been drinking lots of water too!

I just went to see the GP, he says mine is normal flu and give me 1 day mc to rest...

I have an appointment for routine check up with my gynae this evening theory test practice , so will bring all the medications along for him to take a look..
my friend told me i can take flu medicine tablets as i am in my 5th month. i need to ask you can i?

As much as your friend could mean well, it is best to contact with your doctor. There are certain over the counter medicines that can harm our babies. Flu goes away just by itself, since it is viral. Take a lot of water and rest. Boost your immune system with vit c from fruits and veggies. Hope you get well soon.

dloreangel

As much as your friend could mean well, it is best to contact with your doctor. There are certain over the counter medicines that can harm our babies. Flu goes away just by itself, since it is viral. Take a lot of water and rest. Boost your immune system with vit c from fruits and veggies. Hope you get well soon.
yes, agree with this. try to see a doctor. doctor are medically trained and knows a lot more than us. even my hubby do not trust his parents with their wisdom and advice. always ask me to seek medical advice, this is the safest route. and always drink tons of water and have lots of fruits. eating fruits get more vit c, fibre than any supplements can give...

Daniel88

Hi mummies and soon to be mummies out there. My wife is currently 18 weeks and just had a a bad flu. Temperature rose from 36.6deg to 38.9deg in a few hours.

since it’s a Sunday, the gynae clinic is closed. Called her gynae and he asked to go to any clinic to check. Brought her to a GP and he gave panadols. Abit worried that her fever might harm the baby.

anyone went through this before? Any advice if panadols are safe?