Bad yeast infection

HappyMummyTang

Hi mummies,
i'm currently in my 29th week of pregnancy.
i've been experiencing yeast infection 6 months before i got pregnant, and i tried every thing from eating plain yogurt(which is gross by the way), to seeing at least 3 different doctors including the clinic for sexually transmitted infections. i've been swabbed front n back at least 2 times because docs suspect that i contracted STI but all came out negative. i've taken oral pils and inserted pessaries and the yeast will go away for about 5 days and it will come back again.

so much money spent doing all these tests!!! now there's nth i can do except to use pantyliners cos theres alot of thick greenish discharge everyday. my gynae just say that it will keep coming back. he gave me pessaries twice as well but of no avail.

are there any mothers who have experienced this? and can anything be done so my baby would not have thrush when i deliver him?

desperately needs advise.

Thanks!

Alisa

sugar is the main cause of yeast infection so u have to cut down sugary things. take note that carbo & starchy food will convert to sugar too.

diorly

U can ask your gynae...I was also prone to candidiasis. Last time my gynae give me a type of probiotic n it went away. If u can, change ur whole batch or underwear or wash it using HOT BOILED WATER.

Hi mummy, i am at 37+5 days pregnant now. And the infection is making me sooo irritating! The discharge is more than before as my due date is nearer. I am having the infection throughout the pregnancy. Doctor game me ovule tablet to insert and use but i was lazy at tht time and thot it will go away. But it dint. And sadly i am prone to eat sweet or sugery foods alot so the infection is just there... The itchy and little lumps in the vagina is killing me now...every now and thn need to change panty due to wet panty!! If i take those small small flavored yogurt from ntuc , will it help me? Coz i just few days away from doing csec... So dnt wnt to use the ovule tablets....

HappyMummyTang

hi,
from What I understand, Those flavoured N fruit yogurts won't help, As They contain sugar As Well.
You Have to Go for Plain yogurt without sugar, and They taste horrid (and U Have to eat It constantly).
I Just asked MY gynae and He said That yeast infection won't cause any problems to baby, even I'd It's through natural birth.
I'm supposed to Do a swab in a few weeks Time to see If It's Other infections Other tHan yeast. So KeepING My fingers crossed.
Good luck to U too!

hi,
from What I understand, Those flavoured N fruit yogurts won't help, As They contain sugar As Well.
You Have to Go for Plain yogurt without sugar, and They taste horrid (and U Have to eat It constantly).
I Just asked MY gynae and He said That yeast infection won't cause any problems to baby, even I'd It's through natural birth.
I'm supposed to Do a swab in a few weeks Time to see If It's Other infections Other tHan yeast. So KeepING My fingers crossed.
Good luck to U too!
hi mummy,
natural yogurt tastes horrible as u knw....and with morning sickness ohh gosh.... I have no choice bt to stay like this for the next fee days...bt i am worried abt the bleeding i am going to hav after delivery... Coz i hav to wear pads and all for at least 3 weeks or more from wht i know from my 1st pregnancy!
I m going to die......

myln02

Hi HappyMummyTang, i am experiencing the same as you. Had yeast infection since the start of pregnancy. Currently 28weeks. Gynae gave me inserted pills and orals pills. It went off and came back again. He told me the same thing. It will come back,there is nothing i can do. By cutting down on sugar intake and keeping below dry and keep changing panty liner will help. Just hope when delivery that time, the discharge will be lesser and wont pass to baby. Anyway Gynae say thrush can be treated with cream for baby and will go off. Not to worry too much.

annabub

I am in my 34weeks now and still having the infection. Can I know which type of probiotic your gynae prescribed to you? Cos the one tht. Y gynae prescribed didn't seem to help....

RayRay

Hi I can understand how you feel. You can try this panty called the anti- bacteria panty by the brand Master AB. Many tried and had their problem solve. Even on their first wear they feel the different. If you are interested you can call this number 98779906 for more information.