BALI with kids along

STAR

Hi all,

would like to know more about Bali. Is it child-friendly? R the activities there suitable for toddlers? What i need to take note of ?

TIA. :001_302:

stonston

I also keen to know. Year end going with my parents & bringing my son along while my maid go on home leave. :)

edy

Administrator
Staff member
I love Bali! and it is very safe in general as compared with other Indonesia cities.

You could hire a driver for like Sing$80 and he will send you to any places you like for 12 hours.

Place to visit

1. Tanah Lot (visit in the evening time)
2. Ubub (Ibu Oka BBQ pig, Bebek Benggil (Dirty Duck Diner)
3. Jimbaran for its famous BBQ Seafood - Highly recommend Jimbaran cafe
4. Kudeta for its fancy beach front dining experience

I would recommend not to visit Kintamani because of their pushy hawkers plus there is nothing much to view there anyway.

Shopping is great there especially those local made clothing, art pieces and wood craft but of course, please bargain :)

The traditional Balinese massage is a must!
:wong29:

Porukadotzu

if you wanna go indonesia mostly need to prepare incase no baby room and hot water to make milk.... coz tap water is a no-no drinking one.. other than that it's quite fun for kids coz they can have mostly an outdoor activity..

you can ask the hotel personel wether their hotel have a children activity during the day or they can appoint some local tourist activity centre like making kites and coloring kits sort of thing...it's quite fun.

For shopping ofcourse you can go to this traditional pasar Agung for some cheap bargain beach clothes.

Bali hv nice view, i recommend staying at nusa dua or Klapa... the view was amazing.

Recently my friend went to Di Mare (Karmakandara) I saw the photos was awsome...i myself never visit this place thou...coz never been there for quite long :001_302:

Jimbaran area surely a recommended place also for eating...

stonston

I should be staying at my aunt's place in Surabaya first, then go over to Bali, also stay at their house or their hotel. Will fly back to SG via Surabaya with my maid :)

Porukadotzu

Hi Stonston, you're going to bali from surabaya by bus then ferry or by plane?

if by bus then ferry omg...so long journey :001_302:...i ever experienced that and so mabok when i reach Bali!

perrier

i'm also going bali.. in oct. not bringing daughter along. initially wanted to bring her along but when PD says better not, husband refuse to allow her to follow. :(

anyway i love Bali too. has a mix of everything. nice quiet retreat kinds of hotels in ubud and nusa dua to busy hotels and shopping around kuta. :)

Ting

wow, i also wanna go bali~~~~

whats the average expenditure? as in including flights n accomodation?

stonston

wow, i also wanna go bali~~~~

whats the average expenditure? as in including flights and accomodation?
I'm going Surubaya + Bali for around 9-10 days. My mum told me to prepare around SG$300 per person, including air tix fm SG to Surabaya but exclude hotel accomodation.

Bae919

Bali have nice view, i recommend staying at nusa dua or Klapa... the view was amazing.

I'm going to Bali this weekend staying at Nusa dua. Anywhere I can get cheap but nice massage in that area? I specifically am looking forward to the four hand massage they have there. Thanks.

tinkerball

i went there for a week and came back with a bad cough reason due to their tradition of burning incense everywhere. took me more than a week for the cough to go away. bad air but nice place though. nothing much for the kids and there's no theme park around. nice place to relax with your partner though. will come back again but the kids wont be tagging along.

stonston

My family decided to give Bali a miss this year cos of the recent natural disasters happening around. My dad thinks that staying in SG is the safest (but he's in Israel now!).

edy

Administrator
Staff member
I have been to Israel numerous of times for work and deep sea fishing.

I always feel very safe in Tel Aviv and its surrounding areas ...

As long you do not cross to the other side, it is pretty safe and protected.

The only thing which i do not like is the flight as there is only El AL connecting from Bangkok to Tel Aviv

Ting

yeah i was thinking of gg bali too. but my bf tell me... bombing~~~~~~~
esp now is holiday season.. so alot of ang mohs will be gg......

v_ni

you can bring your kids to the elephant park and a safari. both parks are very nice, owned and operated by australians i think. but they are quite a distance from kuta, so you definitely need a driver.