Basal Body Temperature

Dragontail

Anyone charting your BBT while TTC?
I'm starting to do so because my TCM sinseh instructs me to.

I believe I'm ovulating now as I'm having the right mucus, and the timing base on my LMP. But my BBT doesnt seem to be able to chart any temperature shift. My temperature so far hovers around 35.8 to 36.2. Very little differences every day, although im ovulating.

What's your experience?

gnissim23

hello, i have also been chartine my BBT for many mths already... ur temperature will stay low before ovulution. and normally on ovulating day temp will dip, den when the next day it rises high abt +0.4 it means u have already ovulate... sometime the stretchy mucas will be ard for abt few days one... maybe u can try to use OPK to test?

Dragontail

Thanks for the reply. I think I had a dip and the following day I saw mucus. I was just puzzled how come my temperature doesnt stay higher than before the dip. I guess it's not that "important" that I see the temperature hike rather than spotting the dip?

gnissim23

im also seeing tcm.. so actually according to him, temperature will stay low before ovulation... so since u said that u are having mucas, and ur temp is still low, i guess ovulation is around the corner.. can try to take note more lo..

den after ovulation it will be called the "luteal phase" in which the temperature will stay high... more accurate to know ovulation u shd buy those ovulation test strip... its better so u can know roughly when u ovulate.. cox once the temp hike mean it already finish ovulate leh... how many mths have u been temping? if u have been temping for 2-3 mths, u are able to see the "similar" pattern every mth.. u can try to download "fertility friend" apps to chart ur temp also...

Dragontail

Very useful info there.:) I just started temping this month. I was preggie but had to do a D&C in August as baby lost heartbeat at 13weeks. Since then, my first mense came and last day was 31Sep. So need to do temping for 2 mths perhaps. Sinseh advices me to rest my womb till Dec, to then try for a baby. In April, I did start to temping and she told me when to give a shot. Before I could see any BBT pattern, I found out I was preggie already, as me and hubby did "homework" according to her dates I was supposedly to be ovulating.

gnissim23

so sorry to hear that.. so u are actually now trying or already preg? kindof confuse here.. :/

ya cox i did alot of read up and all.. cox im still trying.. =( for 1.5 years le.. temping for 6 mths already. so kindof "familiar" on BBT. ha...

Dragontail

Thanks...my mourning phase is over and my body now feels better than before so I hope I'm lucky again soon.:)

No I'm not preggie now. Am trying. Sorry for the confusion! Sinseh wants me to try for baby again when I ovulate in Dec. I was kinda lucky as I got preggie just 2 weeks after drinking her potion back then in April. But of course, my body wasn't ready to carry the baby full term. She did say I can get preggie easily but I have to get my health in shape. An-tai will be what she has to do for me.

Hopefully I can see a pattern soon of the BBT. And hopefully you'll be successful soon for snake baby :)

Dragontail

Mine is Dr Wu liping at Amk. I stopped seeing her once I was preggie. This time round if I'm preggie again, I will see her thru to an-tai.

How about your tcm sinseh?

Dragontail

gnissim23, thanks for sharing on Fertility Friend. I just checked it out and it seems so good! Seems like I'm ovulating anytime soon, according to the analyzer... I thought having the eggwhite-like mucus for days mean I'm already ovulating. The website says I need to sustain a thermal hike for 3 days at least to confirm the ovulation. Havent seen any shift yet. Let's see for next few days.

gnissim23

ooo.. im seeing dr tan at clementi... :/ i think this mth for me is *shake head* again.. haha.. cox previously my hubby has very low morphology according to the SA, den just got another test and doc say his morphology improve.. so hopefully by this year.. ya but the analyzer for the fertility friend is like for a certain period of time only.. den afterwhich they will ask u to upgrade to VIP kind of stuff.. =)

Dragontail

Sorry what's morphology? Can enlighten?

This morning I finally see a thermal shift. A drastic hike. So I guess I did ovulate for few days before today (provided the shift stays up for few days to come ya). Yes I read that the FF website says 28 days or something... gotta upgrade in due time. I guess that means paying $? Did you upgrade? Not too sure what other features are removed after the 28 days.

gnissim23

er.. smth like low normal sperms? :/

yeah.. my tcm says if the temperature hike, mean already ovulate.. normally is like one day before the hike.. ya need to pay.. but i didnt upgrade it.. those features such as seeing the chart gallery, those detailed interpretation, etc etc which is under the "more" category one...

Dragontail

I see.

So far i'm quite impressed with the FF site. Tempted to upgrade in due time because the analyzer does share some insights :)

Based on my charting, I did homework exactly on my ovulation day. Not planned as I'm not supposed to attempt to get preggie yet. I also didnt lift up pelvis. Will have to monitor and see if anything happens early Nov.

Dragontail

My mense came today and I will TCC again later this month :)

The BBT chart did give some indication I wasnt preggie like 2-3days ago. But I wasnt convinced as it's my first full month charting afterall. The test kits confirmed I need to try again.

qnissim23, you mentioned you've been charting... so far have you encountered any Triphasic pattern which didnt turn out to be a pregnancy?

gnissim23

My mense came today and I will TCC again later this month :)

The BBT chart did give some indication I wasnt preggie like 2-3days ago. But I wasnt convinced as it's my first full month charting afterall. The test kits confirmed I need to try again.

qnissim23, you mentioned you've been charting... so far have you encountered any Triphasic pattern which didnt turn out to be a pregnancy?
hello, since u have the chart, u shd roughly know which days are the ovulation? u can get the ovulation stip and start testing the nxt mth.. Eg. if this mth u ovulate on day 15, u can start to test on day 12-13 on this current mth, or when ever u feel that u have more "bai dai"...

erm for my chart my temperature will drop after 14-18 days of high temp (which is called the luteal phase), so when it start to drop i will know my period will be coming.. u can PM me i can share more with u. =) cox like the whole thread only both of us talking. LOL

littlehamster

Hi gals. I'm tried using FF before but think their app like v confusing haha. I now using 2 apps co currently, one is Simple Period (keep track bbt, af, symptoms and other memo, graphics quite cute n I did not hesitate to pay the US$0.99 quite worth I think) other one is What to Expect Fertility app ( this one can only key in Af dates then cal the ovu date estimate)

This month my ovu hike like quite small compare to last few mths. Kinda confuse when I ovu :( shall wait n see

Dragontail

Oh... at least we got another 3rd person here now. Ha!

Ya, when I saw the drastic drop in my BBT two days ago, I kinda knew it was game over this month. LOL.

I've never explored other fertility sites so I find FF very good (don't have anything to compare with ;p). But I think it's too expensive to pay for the continuation of the VIP features. I'm fairly regular on my mense cycle. Hopefully this month I (and FF) can predict my right O-dates.

Have you so far tried any OPK in conjunction with the charting?

gnissim23

yeap... i do use OPK against the chart. as it is more accurate.. so according to my TCM, once u get the positive OPK u can start do work alredy. lol. for like 3 days ... :/ cox upon positive on OPK, ur ovulation is abt 12-36 hrs time. depending on individual...

Dragontail

Ok thanks. I also plan to start the OPK with the charting. According to FF, I have 4 days window this month when I ovulate. Already told DH last night that we have to do homework 3x on these dates. Booked him already. Ha! Unfortunately these days all fall on weekday. Yawn.