Batam with a 11 mths ?

Cheyenne

Hi Mummies, I won a voucher to Batam View Resort (all paid, except for lunch & dinner) that expired in 30 Jun. So thought of bring my 11mth prince along.

But faces major objection from parents, reasons cite : Mosquitoes, No clean water, still rather 'messy' there.

Any one can share experience at Batam? I also intend to bring my maid along, so that we can at least get around with her help in terms of communication.

Thanks.

adlieyn

hi there , my mom usually bring my 11 mt old daugther to batam to buy her things there .. as for the place that u are going , i guess it sud be alright as the place u are going is a resort .. whic i tink its more clener then the place wee my mom usually go and bring my baby out . My mom will also go to their dry markets , even the shopping center etc ..

and seriously , the items there is real cheap !!

nsync_su

I juz came back from phuket with my 1 month old son and all i caan say is if u really wanna go... prepare their things in details. From milk to medications and everything will be fine. Small details r the most important.

Ting

i think, if u r comfy in bringin your child there, just go ahead, but make sure u prepare all neccessities.
if not, just go ahead with your hubby if your mum is OK to look after y9ur child for u for a couple of days. :)

apollo

babe, just go ahead. as long as u prepare whatever ur bb needs will do. lik medications, FM, diapers all bring more than enough. and of cos, TOYS! haha!

Cheyenne

Thanks for all your reply.

Hubby and I also decided to go - since this is our first family trip. Of course, will be extra prepared = kiasu of the items.

Will 'strategies' our talk with Mum tonight for the last try, before booking.

apollo

Thanks for all your reply.

Hubby and I also decided to go - since this is our first family trip. Of course, will be extra prepared = kiasu of the items.

Will 'strategies' our talk with Mum tonight for the last try, before booking.
if i were u, i will book b4 telling mum. letting them noe is to respect them, not seeking for permissiion =)

LSmummy

I'll brought my then 10month old son to batam Harris in Mar. He enjoyed himself (esp the pool area). =)
As what the other mummies said, packed along some medication and those daily needs along should be fine.

Cheyenne

I've booked our June Hols trip, ie 2 weeks time - Finally. Parent gave a black face for 2 nights, but after that ok already.

Now got another headache : we want to bring our Indo maid along too (reward her and also help out), But was told by travel agent that she need to pay 1 Mil Rupiah = SGD 110 for exit tax. Alternatively, is to bring her to the embassy here for a 'chop' on her passport.

Gosh... so much obstacles to cross for this simple trip.

ifah03

For your maid's, Actually, it is not to chop her passport, it is to change her address to the work permit address. Yes, kind of a hassle, cos, employet must go in person. then, collect passport on another day. Only accept passport in morning, only can pick up at evening. Hesrd, they have quota, only accept a certain no of passport for processing. processing is free, but need a photocopy of passport and work permit (if I remember correctly).

Took my son to batam when he was younger, no problem. He enjoyed the ferry ride. Just be prepared with his supplies and enjoy!

Have Fun!