bb stool

cutieseah

hi mummies, was curious to know, how then u know tat ur bb stool is ok??

my gal stool was like watery and in dark green color. ever since she was born, her stool was this color. have check it with the nurse regarding with the watery and dark green color stool, she say its ok if this was since she was born.
but one of my friend saw the stool so watery and dark green in color, she say there is something wrong with her stool.
any mummies here know some knowledge abt this?? please kindly advise if there is really something wrong or is it normal??
Thanks.:bunsure:

apollo

How watery is ur so-called watery? i was told that becos nowadays FM has improvised, thus baby's stool will be very soft as compares with the past, and they pass almost same texture stool as BF babies. As for the color, dark greenish, yellowish are fine, as long as it is not black will do. =)

cutieseah

watery as in the stool will be suck into the diaper. and bb butt will not have the stool on it.
ya tat wat the doc n nurse told mi but my friend say shouldnt be this way leh...
when she poo, the stool was like when u press out the wasabi out from the tube but in a more watery type la..

apollo

If u suspect her stool is way too watery, maybe can bring her to pd, b4 that, take down the photo and show pd. tt's what i did, as it is difficult to 'describe' how watery it is. haha. anw, ds sometimes will have such watery stools as u mentioned, but is once in awhile so i just leave it, unless is more than 5x daily den i will being him to see a pd. usually his stools during that age was v loose but not so watery. =)

Lim2528

Hi cutieseah,
Is your bb is on full formula or breastmilk? I so far only encounter greenish poo after changed to full FM fed.

Hi apollo,
My bb have now under full formula fed and his poo is always dark greenish (he pooed 2 times dark green, 3 days 1 time). Is it normal to always have dark greenish poo? Btw, his poo is not watery and are those soft milk powder pasty texture.

apollo

Lim2528, dont wry, dark greenish poo is perfectly normal. when ds was on partial BF or on Friso FM, he passed yellowish stools. AFter I stop bf-ing and switch his FM to similac, it becomes dark greenish until now. and the texture of his poo has been soft and pasty too, even till now, most of the time is like tt =)

Lim2528

Apollo, btw how u do the switch of the fm? Do you just stop friso immediately than feed similac? Or u will mix the feed during the transition stage?

apollo

i didnt mix the FM cos my pd told me not to even if it is same brand, somemore friso and similac are different brand. he said tt i can just switch but he also added if i wanna play safe, can replace one feed by one feed. i chose to replace slowly cos ds keep falling ill tt time, dont wanna 'add on his burden' haha.

anw, if ur baby is okay with the current FM, try not to change brand, cos not all brands suit all babies. =)

Lim2528

i didnt mix the FM cos my pd told me not to even if it is same brand, somemore friso and similac are different brand. he said tt i can just switch but he also added if i wanna play safe, can replace one feed by one feed. i chose to replace slowly cos ds keep falling ill tt time, dont wanna 'add on his burden' haha.

anw, if ur baby is okay with the current FM, try not to change brand, cos not all brands suit all babies. =)
Current fm using cause him alot of gas so my gynae asked me to change brand. It takes how long to replace each feed?

apollo

what i usually do is:

lets say total 5 feeds per day,

1st feed - New fm
2nd feed - old fm
3rd feed - old fm
4th feed - old fm
5th feed - old fm

continue for abt 2-3 days and if he is okay i will let him take new fm on the 3rd feed for another 2-3 days followed by the 5th feed. usually until the last few feeds to replace, i will fast forward to 1 day instead of 2-3 days. i stick to this becos i wanna ds's tummy to slowly get used to the new fm =)

HTH! =)