Believe in 头七?

Agnes Josephine

Do you believe in 头七?Meaning do you believe the dead will return to their own house on the 7th day after they died? And if you do so, what did you do to prove that they're really come back? Sprinkle powder on the walkway in the house? Fill the 米缸 (where you keep your rice) full?

For me, I've never encounter before... So I'm curious whether the dead really come back on the 7th day... Care to share your experience if you've encounter before?

elaine01

I dont. My mum 50-50 but the beliefs of 'proving' has been passed down.

Leave a soup ladle in an empty pot & put them on the stove.

Make sure your rice bin is full.

The deceased are believed to touch only these 2 items in his own home or his eldest son home. Those who has god outside the mian door, cover them to let the decease into the house, else they'll be blocked.

Best to have someone staying in the deceased house during the 49 days. The deceased will miss them if he comes back but finds it empty.

Mrs Xie

My grandpa died many years ago when I was still a Pri Sch kid. The whole family did the same thing, on the 7th night, spreading rice all around the place, saying that if my grandpa came back, there will be footprints on the rice. The next morning, there were alot of footprints! From the living room to the rooms, from the rooms to the kitchen. My uncle told us that he heard alot of noise from the kitchen that night. (As my grandpa loved to cook..........) Believe it or not is up to us, but no matter what, they are our kins, so I think doesn't matter lah. :tlaugh:

aby

Right after my papa passed away 3 yrs back, we felt the following:
1. My hb felt my papa's usual deep breathing at my room.. Hmm my hb says my papa came back to see us..
2. My sis smell our papa's smell in the kitchen as there's this favourite spot he love to sit and eat there..
3. The master bedroom: we moved back to keep our mom comapny and she let us use the mater bedroom.. We don't feel any eerriee thing at all.. In fact the bed is so comfortable ah.. Never like this before!! And I kept feeliny my papa is standing at the door watching us..

Well, he's our loved kin so we in fact miss him and loved to have him back.. In fact me and hb dreamt abt him many times.. Hb dreamt abt him happily intorducing my son and my bro with their pics on TV ah, heehee so cute right? Oh my papa love to boast abt his son and grandson one.. He's very proud of them!! :001_302:

I dreamt many times, in the dreams, I was conscious that he's gone yet I was so happy that he's with me, talking to me and bringing me for meals etc, heehee, eating was our common love! :tlaugh:

Coelyn

never dreamt of my late dad or godfather ........ didnt do all those stuff cos dont know. Not sure MIL or mum did

Coelyn

never dreamt of my late dad or godfather ........ didnt do all those stuff cos dont know. Not sure MIL or mum did

stonston

after my grandma passed away, all my uncles, aunties n cousins stayed in her house (it is realli huge)....
then on e 7th day night, we heard sounds n we smelt axe oil (my grandma's usual oil)...but, we have already cleared all her things n thrown everything out!

then few yrs later, my uncle tore down her house to rebuild...then my grandma appeared in my mum's dream n ask where is her house....

ditsypixie

from wat i heard was to sprinkle powder on walkway,put flowers on the deceased bed n put the deceased shoes side by side at the end of the bed,if these items moved it means the deceased is back.
in fact, i tried all these when my grandma passed away.i missed her so much n hoped she'll come back to visit,but she didnt..
mayb she was happy with the LORD so she din come back...

aby

from wat i heard was to sprinkle powder on walkway,put flowers on the deceased bed n put the deceased shoes side by side at the end of the bed,if these items moved it means the deceased is back.
in fact, i tried all these when my grandma passed away.i missed her so much n hoped she'll come back to visit,but she didnt..
mayb she was happy with the LORD so she din come back...
Praise the LORD!!! :red:

:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

mavis

But from wad i heard from frens who help out in the temple, they say tat if we spinkle powder on the walk way the dead will be beaten up by the "cow head & horse face".

and if ur hus have god mus pray to them 1st. and if u wan the "cow head & horse face" to treat them beta jus offer fd and Cgts for them. hehe....

vion

Hmmm.....My fil had juz passed away on Children's Day. Cos it was a Monday, we were asked to pray for the "tou qi" on sat after 11pm. Wat confuses me was tt we were oso told tt my fil will be bk on sunday between 7-9pm, isn't it supposed to be on the same day??? N we were told to pray for the "tou qi" n again on the "hui hun (soul coming bk)"

When my mum passed away less den 2 yrs ago, on her "tou qi", I was watching tv at my own home n den the tv black out for few seconds. N I found out tt the same thing happened ard the same time to my siblings n aunties. So I expected tt to happened on the "tou qi" oso but den it din.

yup i strongly believe! cuz iv encountered b4...

it was long ago wen im still a sec student.. my dearest grandma rili went hm wen footprints on powder were found..oso lights in her room were switched on & off many times (she likes to do stayed up at nite to do her cross stitches) smelled nice fragrance smells of kopi-o (dats her fav drink & will oways have a pot in her room)

til today, we still missed her so dearly!!!

Agnes Josephine

seems like most of you encountered before... so far, I never... I only remembered my daddy told me when my grandpa passed away in the 1980s, my grandpa did came home cuz my daddy kinda saw the kitchen light was switched on for a while & off... But no one was there...

Anyway, I do believe in this even though I never encounter before...

I also heard during the 头七, some of those who encountered before, they said they heard sound of chains dragging on the floor... They say it's the 牛头马面 came back with the deceased... Sounds kinda scary ya, hearing the sound of chains dragging...