Best Diet tips in peri menopause

Slowmad

I've always been someone who struggles with weight sadly. I'm short and generally know my base metabolic rate is low, and so to avoid gaining weight in reality I can't have the same varied diet many others do, or I should have minute portions of it in order to ensure calorific balance, and then I'm left hungry.

I've never been highly active which adds to it, that 'buzz' people get from exercising has always eluded me. I'm asthmatic, I just feel ill after, even with inhaler use, so I never stick to it.

In the past, I've been able to manage my weight (to a point) with diet which allows one cheat meal a week. Unfortunately this also means I yo-yo a bit. I'm now in peri menopause and find that isn't working as well as it has previously. I always get motivated when I start to see the results, but it's so much slower now.

What's your best tips for a diet that leaves you satiated but helps shift the lb's even when your hormones are going haywire?

KaneWasc

There is a diet that suits you and will be the best for you. You need to know the type of your physique, and to choose a suitable diet for this type of diet

I understand you, sis; my metabolism is extremely slow; I can eat once a day, and I won't feel hungry. However, I love food; I like something fresh and a bakery for breakfast, then some salad and meat for lunch, and I want to have dinner as each of my family members does! It is so unfair, and I sometimes cry because of it. Anyway, I've only got one way to lose weight, and you can see more about it here www.orlandomagazine.com/best-fat-burner/ . That helps me stay slim, although I like eating

Cliffordz

Just a month ago I went through menopause and I really feel hunger all the time. I think this is due to the fact that my hormonal background has changed dramatically. I have gained a lot of weight and I am worried about it. So your advice about diet is an extremely relevant topic for me right now. I try not to eat anything floury, but it is the baked goods that I crave the most. How can I stop myself?