Beware!!! Cupcake Dreamy (http://www.cupcake-dreamy.net/index.html)

chuplin

Recently I celebrated my son's 2 year old birthday and I ordered 49 cupcakes from Cupcake Dreamy.

I was attracted by how promptly they reverted to my request and efficiency of getting back to me on my payment queries.

But unfortunately, the 'efficiency' ended after full payment was made by Internet Transfer.

My request was simple, the theme of the party would be "BALLS".

Quoted from my email:
"... The theme of the cupcake I would like would be Balls... Your decorations can have balls, flowers, boys, girls etc etc, I leave it to your expert hands My son recognizes basketball, tennis ball and football just for some ideas..."

Their reply on the same day: "Ok sure no prob. Ps Self-Collect... For Confirmation of your Order, Ps kindly Bank Transfer Total $__ to Posb Saving ***-*****-* asap. *Ps notify me via email upon trsf"

Upon collection, I was shocked to see that what I got was TOTALLY not what I requested. There was ZERO hint of the theme "BALLS"

There was nothing I could do at such last minute SURPRISE but to just make do with whatever I was given.

I sent an email feedback after the party on my disappointing experience I had with them. After receiving no response, I sent another reminder email one wk later. And of course till today (over 2.5 wks later), I still heard nothing from them.

I dont't demand compensation of any sort, but a simple apology would have been the least they could. Ignoring a feedback is totally irresponsible and unprofessional.

Is it a one-time-business all they care about? To the Mommies out there, please dont't suffer the same fate and disappoint your little one's party...

Oh yes, verdict on the taste of the cupcakes:
1.Too sweet with large amount of cream swirls and convenient, effortless, sprinkled-on decorations
2.Muffin looks and tastes soggy and oily
3.No effort to differentiate the 3 different flavours I have requested. All are just packed together in the box

...the disappointed Mommy

Attachments

bellerichez

think they just wanna earn money. this is part of the reason why i dont dare to order online. hais. this kind of swirl, no need expert also can do it lor.

Syadinah

wow.. dats bad. thats y i am skeptical too abt ordering online.. the worst thing they dont even get back to u after so long.

apollo

i think the seller tot the 'metal balls' sweets are consider balls? same as the other mummies, i also dun dare to order online due to all these. cos if they make the wrong order or give u bad service, there is no where u can go to. =)

stonston

There is somewhere you can go to.
Such home baking businesses are actually not allowed unless they are selling to their own relatives/friends.

You can lodge a complaint with AVA.
Do you still have the address which your self collected from?

coco^v^

Hi chuplin, when I first saw the subject title, I thought the name sounds familiar and sure it did after reading your post. I had read it on some other forums on some complaints on this home cupcake baker. Think she has been blacklisted by the forum already (she was also a member in the forum) but so sorry I could not remember which forum is that.

chuplin

Hi all...
Thanks so much for the replies! So I have not been the only victim of this cupcake seller huh! Should really pass the words around before another mommy is conned into this.

Stonston, I think this may be too minor a case for AVA to consider lei... Sudah lahhh. I shall treat it as a $98 lesson. They are located at Tampines St 33, Blk 315 by the way.

Yup yup... now I really would think thrice before ordering online unless it's recommended by someone reliable! I originally wanted to order from Cupcake Momma (Cupcake Momma - Singapore, Halal Cupcakes Singapore Singapura). This one is definitely reliable. There has even been quite a bit of publicity on them. But I think they are just a small, home-based set up, so they had to decline my order :( But that should be the way. Either do a good job or dont take up the job at all. If you check out their website, you can see that they really take pride in their products. Work of Art!

chuplin

Strange... Thought I replied earlier but didn't seem to register here. What's the diff b/w REPLY and QUICK REPLY huh?

Stonston, don't think this case is major enough for AVA to be bothered about lehh... I shall just treat this as a $98 lesson.

Please pass the words around so that there won't be another victim to this cupcake website.

By the way, they are located at Tampines St 33, Blk 315.

I am just so happy to find this forum. Very responsive and user-friendly. I tried to use Singapore Motherhood forum and I get totally confused *__*

Last edited:

Humpty

I couldn't help my curiousity and browsed the website. Did you order the "standard" or "premium"?

'cos it says:

STANDARD- $2 (Icing w/ Sprinkle Only).
PREMIUM- $3 (Icing w/ Customized Design).

(quoted from Cupcake and Cakes Singapore - Dreamy Pricing)

So if you got the "standard", maybe it would explain why there were only sprinkles?

chuplin

Hi Humpty,
You need to scroll down further at their website.

I ordered mini cupcakes with Customised Design.
49 x $2 = $98 :)

Dreamy Mini-Cupcakes
Cost (Per piece):

SGD $1 (Icing Swirl w/ Sprinkle).
SGD $2 (Icing w/ Customised Design).

Humpty

Duh... my bad. You are right :)

Gees. Sounds like a con job.

Btw, should still lodge a complaint with AVA. If they are really operating from home there's no protection from other customers from defects like hygiene, etc. Especially if they dun have a food license. Conversely, AVA will not be interested in this if its not reported.

Hi, actually nowadays alot of online bakery ...thus i make it a point to pay COD..and not paying them upfront...as who know the item may be spoit or not as expected. After they collected the money ...they will care less man.

chuplin

I guess to be fair, 50% DP is reasonable. Imagine if consumers can order freely and only pay upon collection, we may have irresponsible consumers who ordered and dont turn up on collection day.

At the party I ordered toys from toys4rent and boy, were they good! Highly recommended!!! The kids had a superb time! Made up for the disappointing muffins!

I guess to be fair, 50% DP is reasonable. Imagine if consumers can order freely and only pay upon collection, we may have irresponsible consumers who ordered and dont turn up on collection day.

At the party I ordered toys from toys4rent and boy, were they good! Highly recommended!!! The kids had a superb time! Made up for the disappointing muffins!
I think is important to do some homework on the bakery first before we really order.. ask friends for recommendation or order from reputable bakery.. I personally think those who never turn out for collection day is unlikely...as is our baby impt day and we need to cake to celebrate man... it always a spoil and disappoint to received negative "surprise" for the special custom design cake on the day of celebration.

chuplin

Ya boy... I was looking forward to be pleasantly surprised by what creative idea they would come out with. I was still surprised, but unpleasantly... :bangry:

TANZHENZHI

Be more careful when ordering online next time. I also very scare to get disappointment when it's our kid's big day and the cake turn up not a surprise, in design and taste. Luckily my son 1yo birthday i order from Pine Garden. The design was so nice, when i open the cake box, all my relatives and friends "wow". haha

chuplin

Yes, yes, for my boy's 1st Bday I also ordered from Pine Garden. Super nice in terms of looks and taste. I love the lychee martini flavour.

But the headache I had was, I had to hunt for the toys myself. Make 1 trip to deliver the toys for them to decorate, then another trip for collection of the cake

Attachments

stonston

My boy's 1st, 2nd & 3rd bday cakes all from Pine Gardens :)
I do not give them any toys, I ask them to use fondant to make designs :)