Bf through growth spurts

Need advice from experienced mummies here. It's my first time direct latching my child, I exclusively pumped for my first.

My newborn is 3 weeks 2 days old now & seems to be going through growth spurt - she has been crying for milk every 1.5-2 hours vs initially's 3 hourly, she repeatedly latch and spits out in the beginning of each feed, each feeding lasts about 20 min left and 20 min right.

right before this growth spurt my supply plunged drastically from ~100-120ml per pump to ~40-50ml per pump when I failed to wake up for midnight pumps two nights in a row. I thought the growth spurt might help increase my supply but I've stopped feeling full/firm/hard. Is this a sign that my supply is low or that's just because baby has been drinking every 1.5-2 hourly that's why never full?

Ive tried all all sorts of supply increasing stuff -papaya soup, mothers milk tea, fenugreek, domperidone, lactation cookies, milo, oatmeal, barley, but nothing is bringing back my supply. Really worried now.

beautysg

hihi, dun feel worried or stressed that will affect milk supply. You could have less milk when you pump because you generally feel more stressed, just let baby latch if you can, latching is the best way of going through growth spurts. I have 2 child and both was demand feed, I do not time the feeds or intervals in between. Remember at this age, it is still too early for them to feed at regular intervals. Milk output through expressing is never a good sign of your milk production volumes. If can go on "nursing holiday" skip expressing for a day or two and just latch on 100%, I feel this helps with increasing milk supply and good for bonding too.

misssam99

i have learnt never to skip a night pump... especially if you latch exclusively.... no amount of papaya soup or fenugreek will help bring the supply back.