big baby

newbie2009

to all the "big baby" mummy, did u deliver your kid earlier than the EDD?

Some mums mentioned that you delivered naturally, really will hope my baby can b delivered naturally too.

Jmumi

my boi was 3.745kg at birth. not sure if it's considered big baby? i was 10 days earlier than the EDD. mine was a E C-section, not to scare you. My reason was becos my cervix wont open and have to opt for c-section since it's had pass over 10hrs.. big baby still can be delivered naturally, my cousin boi was 5kg and is by natural birth!!!!

CJmom

My boy was 3.2kg at birth which as compared to all here, he's not that big. However to me he's very big as my first boy was merely 2.6kg and I'm petite. Likewise he was E C-sec cos my cervix stopped at 5cm and have been in labour for 18hrs! My cousin has delivered 2 boys over 4kg naturally but she's on the big bone side. So it really depends on your body structure.

Jmumi

2nd child, quite fast leh less than 4hrs.. the 3rd one admitted straight pop out liaoz.. hahaha...

My boy was 3.2kg at birth which as compared to all here, he's not that big. However to me he's very big as my first boy was merely 2.6kg and I'm petite. Likewise he was E C-sec cos my cervix stopped at 5cm and have been in labour for 18hrs! My cousin has delivered 2 boys over 4kg naturally but she's on the big bone side. So it really depends on your body structure.

at least for u guys baby abv 3 kg then E c-section...mine gal was 2.4kg only...E c-section...my cervic stop dialating at 3cm only...i wonder if this time oso the same...i wld love to try normal but at the same time i dont want E c-section...

newbie2009

It is known that baby growth will be alot faster at the third trimester, especially from week 30 onwards, does any mum know when our baby weight will start to slow down? Currently already feeling very heavy on the tummy. Wondering when my little baby will slow down on his growth.

BbpHir3

they usually start slowing down when they fit nicely in the womb, cuz no more space for them to grow liaoz mahz.. kekeke.. it is usually in the last 2 weeks bax... cant rmb~~ lol...

Haz

erm... will baby acutally 'slim down'? wahahaha~
my girl was 1.7kg in wk 31 and weighs 2.5kg in wk 33! increased of 800g in jz 2 wks...
when i went into e clinic, e expression on my gynae's face was soooo funni .... he say '2 wks ago not lik ta one '! haha~ he also told me and hubby ta with such growth rate, she'll reach more than 4kg by wk 40- may need to go for c-section. but again if got signs of labour by wk 37 or 38, maybe can try natural delivery.... oh!! i dont want to be 'cut up' ~

BbpHir3

having big baby is not a must to c-sect.. can always ask your gynae, n let them noe bout u wanting to have a NVD (normal vaginal delivery).. juz tat depending on individual, having a big baby might cause a more difficult NVD.. so some will opt for c-sect instead..

Caroltpl

I give birth my girl at 37 weeks weight at 3.345kg...i also dun wish to opt for c-section but due to my narrow pelvic born that i can't give birth naturally if not baby will get stuck...imagine if i wait till EDD she should be 4kg...initially i thought that c-section is scary but not as what i thought cos my gynae did a good job...after 3rd day of c-sect i recover quite fast...12 days after birth i was already walking naturally to gynae's clinic..so everyone is different though..DUN WORRY!! As long as baby is safe and healthy...

newbie2009

I give birth my girl at 37 weeks weight at 3.345kg...i also dont wish to opt for c-section but due to my narrow pelvic born that i can't give birth naturally if not baby will get stuck...imagine if i wait till EDD she should be 4kg...initially i thought that c-section is scary but not as what i thought cos my gynae did a good job...after 3rd day of c-sect i recover quite fast...12 days after birth i was already walking naturally to gynae's clinic..so everyone is different though..dont WORRY!! As long as baby is safe and healthy...
how did u know that your pelvic is narrow? rather worried that my baby is too big to come out thru the vaginal path.

JusMum

my boy was 4.12kg when born , 6 day before edd , and was to c-sec , due my boy head was still not engage ,, as im small size , my fren told me luckily i went to c-sec , if not im going be suffering .. :tlaugh:

Triquetra

my boy was 4.12kg when born , 6 day before edd , and was to c-sec , due my boy head was still not engage ,, as im small size , my friend told me luckily i went to c-sec , if not im going be suffering .. :tlaugh:
Do ya remember your bb's weight at week 37 or so?
I'm also worried that if mine continues to grow at the same rate as she did from week 33 - 35 then she might be too big -_-''