big baby

eileenpxp

:embarrassed:very stressed, i m now 8 months pregnant, with a big baby. gynae already said if baby too big..cant deliver naturally though can try for induced birth. my 2nd baby. the 1st one was induced successfully, weight of baby @ 3.6 kg...

during my 3rd trimester, i didnt dare to eat much for the 1st baby..due to fear that she will be too BIG.

but this time: think its difficult...baby boy even bigger than my gal. i havent been eating much, only 3 meals a day...in fact even eating lesser than pre-pregnant times..oh my god...:nah:

newbie2009

:embarrassed:very stressed, i m now 8 months pregnant, with a big baby. gynae already said if baby too big..cant deliver naturally though can try for induced birth. my 2nd baby. the 1st one was induced successfully, weight of baby @ 3.6 kg...

during my 3rd trimester, i didnt dare to eat much for the 1st baby..due to fear that she will be too BIG.

but this time: think its difficult...baby boy even bigger than my gal. i havent been eating much, only 3 meals a day...in fact even eating lesser than pre-pregnant times..oh my god...:nah:
@ which week did u induce your first baby? what is the weight of your baby boy now?

redjn

if u are hungry u got to eat, don't b'cos u are carrying a big bb u control your diet. like me, i had my hard time during my pregnancy too so I was advice by my gynae that I should u still can eat whenever I am hungry, maybe for a start eat lesser portion but more meals this way I will not feel stress out by the food intake.

wat's ur baby's weight now?? even if u wanna eat lesser muz always make sure that you eat nuritionous food..

Angelmum

Gd GD, bb absorbing all yr nutrients so u wont end up with extra load n had to go for slimming after birth.

Gynae want an easy life, afraid got complications. If u dont mind delivering a big bb, he also cant force u to op.

newbie2009

good good, baby absorbing all your nutrients so you wont end up with extra load and had to go for slimming after birth.

Gynae want an easy life, afraid got complications. If you dont mind delivering a big baby, he also cant force you to op.
How big is your baby?

Lionel

Alpha Male
Don't worry about big baby. Our gynae used to tell my wife to continue eating as per normal. My boy was delivered 4.4kg naturally.

eileenpxp

when the average weight of the baby should be @ 1.4 kg during 7.5 months, my boy is already @ 1.7 kg. was made to go thru the diabetic test...lucky negative....

now
@ 8 months, he is @2.35 kg.....
gynae says based on the rate...at birth should be > 4kg ....

:wong19:

nonetheless, i m quite hopeful now after hearing 4.4 kg --natural birth wow!

but i guess cant help it one...genetic make up plays a big part...i think my kids follow my hubby genes...i m in fact quite petite..aiyo..faintz...
now feel so heavy..and lethargic...next month will go clear my annual leave 1st...:tlaugh:my first baby (gal) was induced 5 days before my EDD, because my cervix dilated to 4 cm..so i managed to give birth naturally after a few hours on drug.....:)

Last edited:

BbpHir3

when the average weight of the baby should be @ 1.4 kg during 7.5 months, my boy is already @ 1.7 kg. was made to go thru the diabetic test...lucky negative....

now

but i guess cant help it one...genetic make up plays a big part...i think my kids follow my hubby genes...i m in fact quite petite..aiyo..faintz...
now feel so heavy..and lethargic...next month will go clear my annual leave 1st...:tlaugh:my first baby (gal) was induced 5 days before my EDD, because my cervix dilated to 4 cm..so i managed to give birth naturally after a few hours on drug.....:)
DH's ex wife gave birth naturally to my step DD weighing 4.2kg..
but i got a easy delivery.. DD's weight was 2.9kg...
now i'm wondering wat's DS gonna weigh~~~

now

wow...8 mths at 2.35kg..

my last visit check up at 31 wks was 2.1kg...gynae nvr say anyting...do u tink it's big?

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
I birthed a 4.15kg bb with a 38.5cm head circumference all by myself with no medical help. So it can be done.

I'm really getting to dislike gynaes who say baby is too big or too small... like our bodies will definitely grow babies that are just the right size for us to deliver don't you think? If it didn't work that way, the human race would have died out eons ago!

sorry... rant over...

I birthed a 4.15kg baby with a 38.5cm head circumference all by myself with no medical help. So it can be done.

I'm really getting to dislike gynaes who say baby is too big or too small... like our bodies will definitely grow babies that are just the right size for us to deliver dont't you think? If it didn't work that way, the human race would have died out eons ago!

sorry... rant over...

hehe...yup..u got ur pt..

SunShine07

I birthed a 4.15kg baby with a 38.5cm head circumference all by myself with no medical help. So it can be done.

I'm really getting to dislike gynaes who say baby is too big or too small... like our bodies will definitely grow babies that are just the right size for us to deliver dont't you think? If it didn't work that way, the human race would have died out eons ago!

sorry... rant over...
ya manz...some gynae....my gynae also like that, keep saying my baby is too big can't deliver....then make me worry and reduce food intake...hungry also must 'tahan' a bit....sign

When delivered, keep saying 'wow the baby is so big and fat!' pissed me off leh! I tot so and feel paiseh cos she said the first time deliver such big baby at 4.26kg....now i see some mummy also carry big baby, feel more comforted lolz......

Triquetra

I was also shocked when I referred to the average fetal weight chart, my bb weighed 1.5kgs at 28+ weeks and the average weight is 1005g. However the gynae told me that my bb's weight is good -_-''

I was also shocked when I referred to the average fetal weight chart, my baby weighed 1.5kgs at 28+ weeks and the average weight is 1005g. However the gynae told me that my baby's weight is good -_-''

anyway the weight that the gynae inform is not accurate...my first baby last weight before birth was 3kg...come out 2.4kg only...so much diff..

jasobias

anyway the weight that the gynae inform is not accurate...my first baby last weight before birth was 3kg...come out 2.4kg only...so much diff..
wow thts a big diff in the weight estimation.Usually its abt 250g give or take.I was induced at 38 weeks n my baby weight was at 3.5 kg.It was difficult to push him out n needed forceps.Of course there were many stitches to repair the episiotomy...my bottom looked like a war zone n it took me quite a while to heal.2nd baby was induced at 37 weeks at 3.2kg.Delivery was slightly easier but still needed vacuum.Guess each woman is built differently n so one tht is able to deliver a 4.4kg baby easily might see another one in a totally different situation.:err::err:

eileenpxp

sorry... rant over...
:nah:heard taller mummies can give birth to BIGGER babies naturally....my gynae showed me that my baby boy's head is big, body even bigger....according to the percentile graph...

Last time my baby gal was 54 cm at birth (she was already 3.3kg when i was 8+ months pregnant...but i ate very little after that..enuff to be survive...so she weighed 3.6 at birth..cute and chubby..looked like one month old baby at birth:)):Dancing_tongue:

november

My colleague's wife (normal size) gave birth naturally to her baby girl at 4.71kg. I tot it was amazing too!