Bikini for Daughter

I want to ask all you mummies, what age do you think is okay to show exposure of skin e.g. crop top,

• Below 6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7- 12

• 17 - 18

• 19 - 21

• Total voters

Lynnxy

Hello mummies! Recently, my 12 year old daughter asked me to buy her a bikini set for her. She told me she wants something like this …

<refer to img 1>

I asked her why she didn’t want this type instead cause cover more skin.

<refer to img 2>

Then to my shock, she asked me, “Mummy why last time I can wear now I cannot?”

You see, last time when she was very young, like 4 years old, I used to dress her like this cause I used to think it was very cute.

<refer to img 3>

The funny thing is, last time I didn’t see a problem with it, “cute mah.” Then how come now my girl older I feel uncomfortable with her wearing bikini? Am I a hypocrite?

I want to ask all you mummies, what age do you think is okay to show exposure of skin e.g. crop top, mini-skirt, bikini? Or do you think it is even alright to allow your daughter to show skin? Tell me what you think ladies!

From a concerned mummy

Attachments

jesslee

Well, that will really depend on your comfortability.

For myself, I wouldn't mind my daughter (if I have) to wear bikini. As long as she's comfortable with it. Probably am one who's more open minded as well.

Faithakara84

i've got a 12 y.o daughter and when she swims she prefers a 1-piece but when she goes to the beach she prefers like shorts and a singlet. I recently went shopping with her and tried on a bikini, she did say that I "have nice breasts" and she would wear one when she develops boobs.

I wouldn't mine her wearing a bikini though :)

Hope this helps!