Bird nest during pregnancy?

leelynn2006

Dear Mummies,

is it true that eating bird nest during pregnancy is really good for baby?
What's your take on this?

angelwendy

try to wait till 3rd tri then take.. because bird nest is consider cooling.. & is too cooling for the baby.. not good for bb lungs... try to take onli once every 2 weeks...

sg81hani

bird nest was too expensive, so i drank coconut juice 3rd trimester onwards. Some say that it gives ure baby nice fair complexion and during labour baby will be 'clean'. It worked for me ; )

luvjoanne

Actu bird nest is jus full of proteins and nothing much. Expensive cos of the process of harvesting.. Actu when I studied biology previously, my lecturer mentioned tt birds nest is actually an allergen - which means, birds nestcan cause allergy. In children, it is proven tt frequent drinking of birds nest lead to asthma, perhaps due to parts of the feathers n others tt might b stuck together on the nest.
Thus, do restrict ur level of intake of birds nest if possible :)

leelynn2006

Thanks Joanne.. its really what a gynae might say, cos its not scientifically proven of its advantages..
From what I gathered, yes coconut towards the last tri,(helps in cleansing) birdnest also (good for baby complexion, also for Mummies), but restrict to minimal intake ba...

:)

sassylady

ohhh. thanks for the heads up joanne. i take birds nest only like once a few days during my pregnancy. luckily my bb is healthy and all.

i read that it's best to consume birds nest at night between 11pm - 2am is the time when the body replenishes the spent energy and is best able to absorb all the goodness of the birds nest.

saw that in some article about the radio dj violet taking bottled nestural birds nest during her pregnancy. i guess taking all the birds nest is making her glow.

Mummy to Baby V

Yes, bird's nest is a common allergen, so some people cannot take it.

The main nutrient is protein. Only TCM experts can explain more on the supposed benefits.

Actually, i think baby's complexion is from parents' genes. I had bird's nest during pregnancy. Boy has bad eczema inherited from me. He is also allergenic to soy and egg white.

I've seen a few kids with fair skin and pinky cheeks, born to mums who took bird's nest.

As with anything else, take in moderation. :)

Gem2505

oops. i've stocked up bottled bird nest in my fridge already. I bot 18 bottles at 1 shot. Was thinking to start taking 1 bottle per week from 2nd tri onwards. coz im still in my 1st tri, whatever i take, baby wont absorb yet. my mum say 2nd tri onwards den take. she said baby complexion will be good and say will be good for baby lungs. -_-" tsk, think she anyhow one lor.

Ting

bird nest is believed to give baby good complexion.
i took those "instant" kinda birdnest, no need to cook type.
i take 2-3 spoons daily since 2nd trimester til i deliver.
but lucky for me, my aunt was the one who sponsored. =X

Gem2505

bird nest is believed to give baby good complexion.
i took those "instant" kinda birdnest, no need to cook type.
i take 2-3 spoons daily since 2nd trimester til i deliver.
but lucky for me, my aunt was the one who sponsored. =X
so ur baby has got good complexion after birth? aw.. bird nest $ comes from my own pocket. tsk! burnt!

Juan

My birdnest is sponsor by my sister in law.
I take once a week for my 2nd trimester, twice a week from 3rd trimester till birth.
I take those own cook one, I choose out all the feathers (those I see)
my baby is ok and have fair skin. I also drink soya milk every morning and coconut on from my last trimester.

for my 1st child i took about twice a month (keke pay/cook by MIL) and was taken after 16 weeks till give birth ... so nw pregnant with 2nd child haven reach 16 weeks so gt to wait lols

leelynn2006

I am hoping my mum in law will soon offer me some, month by month since im already 4 mths plus, (she owns medical hall) but also pai seh to ask, also pai seh if get from her by buying... People tot its good to have family in biz but sometimes i also have my difficulties.. sigh...