Birds nest concentrate - brands?

Sad 33

Hi hi,
I want to buy bbirds nest concentrate for myself. Im not too sure which are the good brands and prices. Will appreciate advice.
any ccomments on eu ren ssheng birds nest concentrate too?price?

PetPet

I bought 3 btls low sugar concentrated bird nest from Eu Yan Seng few mths back.i think there is GSS sales for this as well, forgot how much is tht.

cyberie

I bought from "Lo Hang Ka".. reduced suger.. cost abt SGD 150 if i din remember wrongly.
They have the normal sugar and no sugar version as well..

But once open, you will need to finish it within a certain period... cos they is no preservative..

jenny88

what about buying those real birds nest and double boiling them? then you can ctrl the sugar or add other stuff in as well

i am taking the Eu Yan Seng concentrated bird nest too!
its 79.90
i always buy during 20%
they always have promotion from time to time
i stock up during mother's day sale :)
if u stay in the east you can consider buying at the airport
cos 20% + 7% is a lot of saving....
:)

Sad 33

hi ladies, thanks a lot for the advice!:D
did u notice any difference between yr skin texture after taking birds nest? or even better health?
how many spoons are u taking daily?

anyone know where to buy pearl powder too?

hi jenny88, am lazy lah...lots of work to clean and boil those dried ones. :O

TutTut

I am taking Eu Yan Seng Concentrated bird nest too... :)

I didn't notice any difference in my skin texture... hmmm...
for the EYS Concentrated bird nest, I was told by the salesperson to take a spoonful a day... once the bottle is opened, it can be stored for only 1 week... The person advise to take in the morning (with empty stomach) or late at night (after all meals and before going to sleep)... :)

Not sure where to buy pearl powder... but you may want to try EYS or those medical hall?

Sad 33

hi tutut,
good idea to try EYS for pearl powder. mum used to supply me so I am kind of kuku on where to buy. :D just a bit apprehensive if products from China!

hi juan,
u take birds nest weekly for your baby or general health/complexion maintenance?
i'm only 33 but i notice my skin starts aging badly. more sun spots creeping on my hands and legs (esp thighs!) recently so im looking for receipe for better health and complexion! :)

Sad 33

hi tutut,
i also went EYS yesterday! hee..their pearl powder is $17.30 for 1 small bottle.
i check out their birds nest concentrate too and find their quality a lot better than what I am taking now. whole strands of birds nest can be seem! i will buy them after I finish my current stock.
any idea when they have 20% off for their birds nest concentrate? then can save a lot wor....lol!!

hi steffywoofy,
u mention to buy at airport to have 20%(when promo) + 7% (gst) off...
is it just within the airport i can get this deal? which terminal there's EYS?

TutTut

I am not sure when they r having the 20% off... Some time ago they had a sale at the new mall opp Expo and I bought many bottles at one go... :))
They are having Father's Day promo (20-25%) now, but only applicable for Essence of Chicken I think...

Juan

my sister in law said birdnest is good for baby, so I take it lor. I take for my first pregnancy also and my baby is very fair and seldom fall sick. I do not know is because of the the birdnest but since I have a lot from my sister in law, so I just cook it.

wencyw

a lot of those bottled bird nest are processed and bleached. it's better to buy the real thing and boil. very simple and easy to do!

Gwenlim

hihi, i have being buying dry edible bird's nest direct from an indonesia supplier since i were pregnant 4years back. There's no additives, bleaching agents or harmful chemical. Recently,order a few kgs to share with my friends and relatives, if you are interested pls let me know.

Gwenlim

i started taking birdnest when i were 4 to 5 mths pregnant when i heard that taking bird nest regularly, bb will have more hair and better skin, most importantly better health! my girl is now 3.5 yrs old and believe it or not, she really has lots of hair! im still taking bird nest regularly and my girl love it too. so far (touch wood) she do not have any skin problems and usually recover fast from colds.

Last edited:

Sad 33

hihi, i have being buying dry edible bird's nest direct from an indonesia supplier since i were pregnant 4years back. There's no additives, bleaching agents or harmful chemical. Recently,order a few kgs to share with my friends and relatives, if you are interested pls let me know.
hi gwenlim,
how much does it cost typically for 1 kg of birds nest?

Gwenlim

hihi,

500g at USD1,440 (SGD1,800). Below are photos of birdnest.

IMG_4325.jpgIMG_3966.jpg

These birdnest don't look as nice as those in shop(white and very nicely shaped), as they were not chemical bleached or re-moulded. As my hubby works in Indonesia he purposely find this supplier who supply birdnest that are safe and healthier for me to consume while i was pregnant four yrs back.